1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    There are a few openly gay members in my church, and they are loved and accepted as children of God. Not all churches exhibit reprehensible behaviour
    As they should be accepted. The fact that whodey cites a passage where Jesus warns against such behavior is about as ironic as it gets. Any ideas on how to open his eyes?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 05:021 edit
    There are a few openly gay members in my church, and they are loved and accepted as children of God. Not all churches exhibit reprehensible behaviour
    Ok, lets assume that a christian that upholds the Biblical position that engaging in homosexual sex is a sin demonstrates reprehensible behavoir. They then go to your church and become part of the leadership if not the pastor himself. What should be done to remove him if anything? In addition, if he is not removed, would you continue going to that church?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 05:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    As they should be accepted. The fact that whodey cites a passage where Jesus warns against such behavior is about as ironic as it gets. Any ideas on how to open his eyes?
    I cite passages where Jesus judges and confronts the sins of the religious leaders. This is key because they are God's representatives here on Earth. How then will people come to God if God is represented by a bunch of charlatans? If we are his followers, should we not be doing the same?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 05:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    They cared more about the views of man than God.
    Kelly
    Agreed. I just wonder how many Christians feel that scripture condemns homosexual behavoir yet embraces it as "OK" in the site of God so as not to offend others.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 05:19
    Believe it or not, there are many "Christians" today who are particularly judgemental towards homosexuals. Somehow they don't see anything wrong with judging homosexuals as unfit to attend their church. Some even proudly declare that they would "confront" any "openly gay" individual about their "sin". What's particularly pathetic is that they wouldn't con ...[text shortened]... 's church? Especially when it is unclear that it's a "sin" to begin with.
    Wow. What a great...perception? Thought? Idea?

Whatever it is, it made me think.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 00:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok, lets assume that a christian that upholds the Biblical position that engaging in homosexual sex is a sin demonstrates reprehensible behavoir. They then go to your church and become part of the leadership if not the pastor himself. What should be done to remove him if anything? In addition, if he is not removed, would you continue going to that church?
    would you deny membership to someone who smokes? after all our bodies are temples. what about someone who you know brings home pens from work? that's stealing. How about fat people? gluttony is a sin as well. Who decides what sins are acceptable and which ones arn't? Do you honestly believe that you go through life without sinning? you're deluded if you do. Christ said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." If, and I'm saying if, homosexuality is a sin, how can they overcome their sin, unless they are accepted into the body of Christ?
    Your logic and your theology is flawed
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 00:574 edits
    Believe it or not, there are many "Christians" today who are particularly judgemental towards homosexuals. Somehow they don't see anything wrong with judging homosexuals as unfit to attend their church. Some even proudly declare that they would "confront" any "openly gay" individual about their "sin". What's particularly pathetic is that they wouldn't con 's church? Especially when it is unclear that it's a "sin" to begin with.
    unclear?, unclear?, unclear?, flip sake, what do they teach and read at church these days, the Beano? the Bible clearly and unambiguously and in the strongest terms condemns the act of homosexuality, what are we supposed to do, follow the teachings of a book that we hold to be inspired, or the woosie modern liberals who are unable to tell the difference between their bum and there elbow, as is quite evident from your statement! unclear indeed? oh dont worry, its all relative, God wont condemn you, its biological after all, you cant help it, WOOSIE there is nothing unclear about it, yes we are to show love to everyone regardless, but that does not mean we must condone their acts, no way, and what is more, we are not judging those individuals, for it does not belong to us to do so, it is the scriptures which condemn their acts! we did not write those words, did we? why should we have to justify the stance that we take because of the actions of someone else? the Bible clearly states that you are to remove a person, not because they sin, but because they are unrepentant, and as homosexuality and its practice is clearly sinful , according to scripture, a Christian has every right to remove the unrepentant one from their midst, for it may bring repoach on the congregation and result in Gods disfavor.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 01:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    unclear?, unclear?, unclear?, flip sake, what do they teach and read at church these days, the Beano? the Bible clearly and unambiguously and in the strongest terms condemns the act of homosexuality, what are we supposed to do, follow the teachings of a book that we hold to be inspired, or the woosie modern liberals who are unable to tell the differ ...[text shortened]... one from their midst, for it may bring repoach on the congregation and result in Gods disfavor.
    If we removed every unrepentant sinner from church, churches would be mighty empty.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 04:50
    If we removed every unrepentant sinner from church, churches would be mighty empty.
    What I am saying is that those in authority within a church who both openly practice "sins" and who endorse and them and justify them should be removed no matter the sin.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 08:37
    Agreed. I just wonder how many Christians feel that scripture condemns homosexual behavoir yet embraces it as "OK" in the site of God so as not to offend others.
    People do tend to worry about what 'man thinks' over what God thinks
    more times than not. Go to that link Ten Shekels and a shirt I put
    in the Spirituality forum, and listen to that, it will blow you out of the
    water. The beginning seems dry but the end he is fired up. It is on this
    topic.
    Kelly
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 08:441 edit
    come to the Uk, the churches are empty, regardless, an estimated 2% of the population in the UK attends church on a Sunday.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 19:191 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 23:18
    What I am saying is that those in authority within a church who both openly practice "sins" and who endorse and them and justify them should be removed no matter the sin.
    so people who sin in private are more acceptable? Or perhaps sins that don't challange your bigotry?

exactly which of the ten commandments covers homsexuality? If you say levitical law, then I win...because then anyone who wears a cotton poly shirt to church and does so knowingly is knowingly committing sin.

You allow your personal predjudice to decide which sins are acceptable and which are not. There is no one...I repeat no one with out sin in there life. Knowing Jesus Christ as your savior does not rid you of sin, it merely justify's your asking for forgiveness.

Why are the churches in England and other places empty? Because of these backwards ignorant interpretations of a 2000+year old text.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 23:572 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "as you have shown yourself to be an unrepentant liar"

you have been reported to the moderator for unsubstantiated claims and defamation of character, slander is neither becoming a gentleman nor should be tolerated in any form, please, if you have anything to say about the actual content of the post, then post that, but try to refrain from slandering the poster, it is not very becoming nor mannerly- regards Robbie.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 00:074 edits
    so people who sin in private are more acceptable? Or perhaps sins that don't challange your bigotry?

exactly which of the ten commandments covers homsexuality? If you say levitical law, then I win...because then anyone who wears a cotton poly shirt to church and does so knowingly is knowingly committing sin.

You allow your personal predjudice to decide her places empty? Because of these backwards ignorant interpretations of a 2000+year old text.
    biblical texts which condemn THE ACT of homosexuality

What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, - 1 Corinthians 6:9

Now we know that the Law is fine provided one handles it lawfully in the knowledge of this fact, that law is promulgated, not for a righteous man, but for persons lawless and unruly, ungodly and sinners, lacking loving-kindness, and profane, murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, manslayers, fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, false swearers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching, - 1 Timothy 1:8-10

Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error - Romans 1:24-27

how are we to interpret these words?, for it seems to me, that there is not any real scope for interpretation, the import and intent of the text being straightforward and simple, in that while we must show love to all, regardless, THE BIBLE CLEARLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONDEMNS THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree