1. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 03:48
    There is a lot of cockiness in this room, it's funny. Accusing people of not listening to what they are saying, but yet those same cocky people are quick to jump down anybody's throat who makes a statement they don't like. Why, Without naming names, I just want to know does anybody else feel this way or is it just me. No real debating just someone trying to prove their point.

And unless you say your right and Im wrong they will argue you to the death. Am I alone in this thought, just curious.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 03:51
    Originally posted by realeyez
    There is a lot of cockiness in this room, it's funny. Accusing people of not listening to what they are saying, but yet those same cocky people are quick to jump down anybody's throat who makes a statement they don't like. Why, Without naming names, I just want to know does anybody else feel this way or is it just me. No real debating just someone trying to ...[text shortened]... ight and Im wrong they will argue you to the death. Am I alone in this thought, just curious.
    No, you're not alone, but there doesn't seem to be a way around this. It's the problem with beliefs - we hold them despite rational arguments.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 04:38
    There is a lot of cockiness in this room, it's funny. Accusing people of not listening to what they are saying, but yet those same cocky people are quick to jump down anybody's throat who makes a statement they don't like. Why, Without naming names, I just want to know does anybody else feel this way or is it just me. No real debating just someone trying to ...[text shortened]... ight and Im wrong they will argue you to the death. Am I alone in this thought, just curious.
    I'd say you're just not listening to what's being said.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 07:332 edits
    you mean thinkofone, yes i agree, he seems to have a kind of repertoire, 'your lying, you are from your father the devil, your not the sharpest pencil in the drawer, i suggest you read the text from the beginning, i would post it but you wouldn't understand, are you really that dim, you need professional help, you lack moral character, your intellectually dishonest', etc etc its just like some kind of bitchin fest!
  5. England
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:06
    a lot of c**p is talked everywhere why should this be different
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:101 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    a lot of c**p is talked everywhere why should this be different
    Well no one wants carp!! We'd be better of with barrumundi 😉

Seriously though, I find this forum has the best and worst on it out of all the forums. Anyone agree?
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:22
    This is quite long, but I think this has something to do with it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040629083126/http://members.aol.com/intwg/antiprocess.htm
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Seriously though, I find this forum has the best and worst on it out of all the forums. Anyone agree?
    here we tend to be more tolerant, or at least should be ( i am referring to you tyrants who got Taco banned!), for example, in the chess only forum they tend not to deviate and complain, in the general forum, they tend not to like chess and complain, in the debates forum, if you don't know or are uninterested in American politics, well what's the point? the culture forum is ok, but a little bit like, here is what i am listening to, do you like it, or it has these prose threads where only the elite are invited, a kind of super clique, apart from that, here i think is the place where you can get down to business, what makes people tick, its incredibly interesting to see the diversity of approaches and points of view.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    here we tend to be more tolerant, or at least should be ( i am referring to you tyrants who got Taco banned!), for example, in the chess only forum they tend not to deviate and complain, in the general forum, they tend not to like chess and complain, in the debates forum, if you don't know or are uninterested in American politics, well what's the poi ...[text shortened]... people tick, its incredibly interesting to see the diversity of approaches and points of view.
    Y'know I didn't support the taco ban. I thought he should've been given a chance to reduce his posting,(although he may have already been given that chance, I dont know).

Yes, this is the place to be, for with spirituality follows all things, so you can kinda incorporate most sporting,cultural,etc ideas on here without having to go to the other forums. I mainly just read the other forums. Especially science. I already make an ass of myself on here, I think I would be doubly assy if I started posting there..🙂
  10. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 12:42
    If I think you are wrong about something shouldn't it be ok to tell you that?
  11. England
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:02

yes i do
  12. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:15
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    If I think you are wrong about something shouldn't it be ok to tell you that?
    Oh yes, there is just many ways to tell someone that you disagree with them. I can state my thoughts or belittle you while I state my thoughts. Thats what I mean.
    In the future if you see something that I I wrote and you disagree and want to comment on it, please by all means do so. I enjoy seeings from other people view.
  13. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you mean thinkofone, yes i agree, he seems to have a kind of repertoire, 'your lying, you are from your father the devil, your not the sharpest pencil in the drawer, i suggest you read the text from the beginning, i would post it but you wouldn't understand, are you really that dim, you need professional help, you lack moral character, your intellectually dishonest', etc etc its just like some kind of bitchin fest!
    (s)he can be one of them, I am trying to stay nuetral. That is his or her nature to do that tho. I am trying to be more peaceful so for the most part dont bother chatting with that person. You'll get nowhere. It might just be a clash in our personalities. For all I know they can be a good hearted person inside.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 14:25
    (s)he can be one of them, I am trying to stay nuetral. That is his or her nature to do that tho. I am trying to be more peaceful so for the most part dont bother chatting with that person. You'll get nowhere. It might just be a clash in our personalities. For all I know they can be a good hearted person inside.
    your right, he/she needs to feel loved just like everyone else does 🙂
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 18:08

I agree, can't help but find people's ideas of the other to be the most fascinating stuff there is.

What's barramundi taste like? Carp is revolting. And bony.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree