JW visit

JW visit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 09

He came back again! 3rd time.So I invited him in for tea.

Now any half intelligent person would realize upon entering my dwelling that I must be into 'spiritism' (is it?). I have "666" on my mirror. A couple of tarot cards stuck on the walls , a few other spiritualty-referenced pics. And of course a heap of my own, mainly abstract , art.

This guy just proceeded to give me a bible lesson. He made me dig up mine and "learn" with him.
He was here for 45 mins, then I told him that I actually had things to do...
This seems to be my way. Even though there is absolutely no chance that I will be converted, I still listen to their stuff.

Surely he must've had an inkling he was wasting his time...

w

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
He came back again! 3rd time.So I invited him in for tea.

Now any half intelligent person would realize upon entering my dwelling that I must be into 'spiritism' (is it?). I have "666" on my mirror. A couple of tarot cards stuck on the walls , a few other spiritualty-referenced pics. And of course a heap of my own, mainly abstract , art.

This guy ...[text shortened]... ll listen to their stuff.

Why not just be up front with him?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by whodey
Why not just be up front with him?
Well , I thought my surroundings, general demeanour and gist of my questions were being up front. In a way. Anyway , like I said, it is my way to hear all points of view.
If I was going to be up front, what would I say?
(I just dont know how these people can not celebrate birthdays, etc. I have a 3yr old boy. Imagine trying to tell him that there will be no celebrations for his fourth birthday)

w

Moves
26 Aug 09

Well , I thought my surroundings, general demeanour and gist of my questions were being up front. In a way. Anyway , like I said, it is my way to hear all points of view.
(I just dont know how these people can not celebrate birthdays, etc. I have a 3yr old boy. Imagine trying to tell him that there will be no celebrations for his fourth birthday)
You could tell him he is welcomed to come and talk but you are not interested in converting. At least he would have the option of continuing to come back or taking a hike.

As far as the birthday quesiton, why don't you ask him?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by whodey
You could tell him he is welcomed to come and talk but you are not interested in converting. At least he would have the option of continuing to come back or taking a hike.

As far as the birthday quesiton, why don't you ask him?
I did ask him. He said that they dont celebrate birthdays and their children have problems at school and kindy and nothing more. (I guess he was inferring thet they will get over it (?) )

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 09

My parents explained it to me when I was 6. When they told me that God didn't approve of it..No problem.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Aug 09

That's Ludicrous! 🙂 Tell me where in the bible it says you can't celebrate birthdays? Just as the word trinity is not in the bible so is the command Thou shalt not celibrate birthdays. That's whacky!!!

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
That's Ludicrous! 🙂 Tell me where in the bible it says you can't celebrate birthdays? Just as the word trinity is not in the bible so is the command Thou shalt not celibrate birthdays. That's whacky!!!

Manny
First thing...Did you not see any of the extensive post Robbie and myself made a few weeks ago on this? If not I'll find them for you instead of re posting them again. Thanks..

Moves
26 Aug 09

Manny
They flung long silent speeches. (Off the hook!)
They sandpapered his plumpest hope. (So capsize.)
They took away his crotch.

- Dream Song 8, John Berryman

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
First thing...Did you not see any of the extensive post Robbie and myself made a few weeks ago on this? If not I'll find them for you instead of re posting them again. Thanks..
I missed them just explain. Is it in the ten commandments? 😉 Where does it say "Thou shalt not celebrate thy Birthday" It's not in the bible. Just as trinity is not. So there you have it just because a word is not in the bible does not preclude the concept.

Manny
PS for Sheezy!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 09

They say you can drink a bit of alcohol but not smoke cigarrettes at all.
Does anyone know the logic behind that? Or want to take a stab in the dark?

rc

Moves
26 Aug 09

Manny
whats ludicrous is you armchair evangelists preaching from the comfort of your pc pontificating to others about things you have no idea. if he was to wait for any of you to show up and ask if he would like to learn bible truth he would wait forever!

Cape Town

Moves
26 Aug 09

I have "666" on my mirror. A couple of tarot cards stuck on the walls , a few other spiritualty-referenced pics. And of course a heap of my own, mainly abstract , art.
I am curious. I always thought 666 was something associated with the Devil by Christians. Does it have any meaning outside Christianity and are there any religions that hold it to be a meaningful, good or lucky number? If so, what is its origin?
Or do you just have it in order to deliberately offend Christians or 'send them a message' or as a joke?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Aug 09

Now any half intelligent person would realize upon entering my dwelling that I must be into 'spiritism' (is it?).

Actually he probably thinks that anyone who is not currently Christian is a perfect target for his message. Just because you are into 'spiritism' does not indicate that you are not likely to convert. If anything I would expect you to be more convertable than the average atheist and maybe even easier than say a Muslim (based solely on the information that you are 'into spiritism'.)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
whats ludicrous is you armchair evangelists preaching from the comfort of your pc pontificating to others about things you have no idea. if he was to wait for any of you to show up and ask if he would like to learn bible truth he would wait forever!
JW Pitbull !