1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86304
    20 Dec '15 10:481 edit
    Many big Christians religions seems to be guilty of sexual abuse against children but it seems that increasingly the Jehovah's Witness Organisation remains defiant over its internal policies on reporting allegations to the police. Surely religions must realise that covering it up goes to make the situation even worse.

    According to the Guardian's report on an investigation by the royal commission on child abuse, the Austrailian branch of Jehovah's Witness organisation failed to report over a 1000 allegations of child sexual abuse to the authorities going back to the 1950s. The commission goes on to report that the church currently receives 3 or 4 report allegations per month.

    As usual the Watchtower leadership displayed what has become it's typical stance in this cases by trying to rely on "2nd century law" whereby two whiteness must be present for an accusation to stand. However Angus Stewart QC said it could be found that Geofery Jackson (one of the most senior WatchTower leaders) had only familiarised himself with the testimony of church witnesses and had to not read the testimony of the victims. Steward stated that this approach “belies his stated empathy for the survivors and his stated recognition of the importance of their perspective”.

    As usual the JWs show their true colours in the matter of protecting leaders from child abuse, but generally speaking countries should introduce stronger legislation to ensure church organisations report this type of allegation.

    http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/01/jehovahs-witnesses-fostered-distrust-of-secular-authority-royal-commission-counsel
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8823
    20 Dec '15 13:14
    Unfortunately almost all cults get involved in this kind of thing.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention dive.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Dec '15 13:222 edits
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Unfortunately almost all cults get involved in this kind of thing.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention dive.
    Actually child abuse is a societal problem but of course divesggester uses it to vent his hatred of Jehovahs Witnesses. So predictable, so see through and so very very boring. I expect its simply reaction because in the general forum, the ladies the have exposed him as being a rather unsavory character terming them bitches etc. Clearly he is a very poor advertisement for not only for Christianity but morality of any kind.
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 13:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually child abuse is a societal problem but of course divesggester uses it to vent his hatred of Jehovahs Witnesses.
    Do you think it's a good idea for the JW organisation to cover up cases of child sex abuse from law enforcement authorities and deal with them 'in house' instead?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Dec '15 14:24
    Divesgeester would be better focusing on his own morality and behavior. Perhaps that paragon of virtue FMF might help him?
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8554
    20 Dec '15 14:24
    Do you people have no fear of God ? Yet here is another guilt laden tribunal launched to point out what "them over there" are guilty with.

    I really wonder where is the healthy fear of God who judges without respect of persons.

    "Therefore you are without excuse, O every man who judges, for in what you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judged practice the same things."


    We've all pronounced judging verdicts on people in this forum. But don't some of you have a fear of God.

    "Therefore you are without excuse, O every man .... O every man ... O EVERY MAN WHO JUDGES ..."


    Don't you realize that God will judge the secrets of men ? Because you can point out these errors of others does that make you one bit more just ? There is much speaking here according the the knowledge of good and evil. What about our own secrets ?

    "In the day when God judges the secrets of men according to my gospel through Jesus Christ" (Rom. 2:16)



    Everything is laid bare to the eyes of God to whom we are all accountable.
    I started a thread saying some things about the Roman Catholic Church as the Mother of Harlots and included some warning words about all religious groups. Yes I did speak of God's judging. I did it with fear knowing that apart from the blood of Jesus no one has any hope.

    The next guilt fest started here I hope will be started with some sober realization that nothing is hidden from His eyes.

    "And there is no creature that is not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and laid bare to the eyes of Him to whom we are to give our account." (Heb. 4:13)


    I'll be away from the board for a week.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 14:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Divesgeester would be better focusing on his own morality and behavior. Perhaps that paragon of virtue FMF might help him?
    You would seriously draw a parallel of any kind between divegeester's behaviour on a message board and pedophiles in your organization having sexual intercourse with children?
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 14:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    Don't you realize that God will judge the secrets of men ? Because you can point out these errors of others does that make you one bit more just ? There is much speaking here according the the knowledge of good and evil. What about our own secrets ?
    How will the fact that you believe "God will judge" protect children and deal with their abusers in the here and now? Is it not important to "point out these errors of others" when the "errors" are cases of sexual abuse of children?
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Dec '15 14:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you people have no fear of God ? Yet here is another guilt laden tribunal launched to point out what "them over there" are guilty with.

    I really wonder where is the healthy fear of God who judges without respect of persons.

    [b]"Therefore you are without excuse, O every man who judges, for in what you judge another you condemn yourself; fo ...[text shortened]... are to give our account." (Heb. 4:13)


    I'll be away from the board for a week.[/b]
    I agree the machinations of the Devil and his agents are well known, clearly divesgeester the son of Satan would be better placed to look at his own conduct. Perhaps FMF can help him?
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 14:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I agree the machinations of the Devil and his agents are well known, clearly divesgeester the son of Satan would be better placed to look at his own conduct. Perhaps FMF can help him?
    What does divegeester's "own conduct" have to do with the rape of children?
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Dec '15 14:44
    Then again would it be wise to seek advice form, an apostate? I doubt it. Not unless of course you want to be an odious and tedious fellow.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 14:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Then again would it be wise to seek advice form, an apostate? I doubt it. Not unless of course you want to be an odious and tedious fellow.
    You feel unable to discuss child sex abuse with non-Christians?
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Dec '15 15:03
    Gee this whole trollin thing is not working out for you dude, people now see through you and your flunkie. You have little to offer anyone here in a spiritual context. Adios Amigo happy beating up on old guys and getting flame grilled by RHP's ladies.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '15 15:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Gee this whole trollin thing is not working out for you dude, people now see through you and your flunkie. You have little to offer anyone here in a spiritual context. Adios Amigo happy beating up on old guys and getting flame grilled by RHP's ladies.
    What do you make of the article in the OP?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86304
    20 Dec '15 15:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Divesgeester would be better focusing on his own morality and behavior.
    This is a debate forum about religious and spiritual issues, not personal ones. You of all people are consistently bleating that threads should be kept clear of personal issues and yet here you are...making it personal.
Back to Top