JWs and 1000 cases of child sex abuse

JWs and 1000 cases of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Again, if you had read the article or the report you would note that there are more than allegations at play here.

[quote]Since 1950, Jehovah’s Witnesses headquarters in Australia has fielded allegations of child sexual abuse against 1,006 members involving at least 1,800 victims, according to the report. [b]Although 579 members confessed to abusing ...[text shortened]... /www.revealnews.org/blog/jehovahs-witnesses-shield-child-sexual-abusers-from-police-report-says/
I see that you cannot assail the logic and once gain refer back to allegations. Allegations are meaningless unless there is a conviction or an exoneration. So we shall ask you again, if i have knowledge that someone has stolen something and i advise them to go to the police and they fail to do so am I in some way guilty of a crime and the answer of course is no. In the same respect the brothers cannot be held liable if they have advised people to report the matter to the authorities and they fail to do so. You have nothing, your argument is bereft, the brothers are blameless, your argument is duff.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
Robbie you are an agent of light
just like Lucifer.
Alas i am just a man like any other man but I'm probably the closest thing to an angel you are likely to get near. My name Carrobie is from Persian and means cherub! given to me by my wife!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I see that you cannot assail the logic and once gain refer back to allegations. Allegations are meaningless unless there is a conviction or an exoneration. So we shall ask you again, if i have knowledge that someone has stolen something and i advise them to go to the police and they fail to do so am I in some way guilty of a crime and the answer o ...[text shortened]... . You have nothing, your argument is bereft, the brothers are blameless, your argument is duff.
1006 alleged abusers, 1800+ victims, 579 confessions and none, I'll repeat that, NONE are reported to the authorities. I've spent a bit of time reading through the report, unlike you of course, as you are incapable of processing criticism of your religious organisation. What went on is frankly disgusting and beyond the pale. This isn't the actions and works of Gods organisation, this is the work of Satan. It's you who is quite clearly the Son of Satan and your religious organisation is the 'agent of darkness'.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 15

Au contrare, I have outlined the reasons why there may have been a failure to report child abuse you may make reference to those. Duffgeester is an agent of darkness. No question about it.
You are doing an excellent job.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
7 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
1006 alleged abusers, 1800+ victims, 579 confessions and none, I'll repeat that, NONE are reported to the authorities. I've spent a bit of time reading through the report, unlike you of course, as you are incapable of processing criticism of your religious organisation. What went on is frankly disgusting and beyond the pale. This isn't the actions and wo ...[text shortened]... ho is quite clearly the Son of Satan and your religious organisation is the 'agent of darkness'.
No what is disgusting beyond the pale is your inability to state why anyone should be held liable if someone else fails to report a matter after being instructed to do so that is why you have disgustingly refused to answer the question that has been put to you twice, because in answering it your silly allegations of a 'cover up', will be seen to be nonsense. So we shall ask you for a third time, If i have knowledge of a crime and i say to those involved you must report the matter to the police and they fail to do so am i also guilty of a crime and of course the answer that you cannot bring yourself to acknowledge is a resounding NO. I repeat it again, you have nothing, your logic is flawed and your tabloid arguments beggarly and revolting. Spew!

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
22 Dec 15

No what is disgusting beyond the pale is your inability to state why anyone should be held liable if someone else fails to report a matter after being instructed to do so that is why you have disgustingly refused to answer the question that has been put to you twice, because in answering it your silly allegations of a 'cover up', will be seen to be n ...[text shortened]... you have nothing, your logic is flawed and your tabloid arguments beggarly and revolting. Spew!
They did not say you must report the matter.
Just the opposite they said do not report the matter.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
6 edits

Originally posted by Captain Strange
They did not say you must report the matter.
Just the opposite they said do not report the matter.
No that is not the instruction that was given. The instruction given when there was no mandatory reporting was to instruct those involved to report the matter to the authorities. If anyone was instructed not to report the matter than that is something different and then there is a liability. Unless of course you are omnipresent you have no idea what instruction was given and as usual resort to baseless accusations. Let the courts decide what was given and what was not, not some zoobs on the internet that have little knowledge of the procedures.

Infact here is the publicly available procedure for reporting child abuse that has been published to all elders and congregation members in all 150,000+ congregations.

Cases of alleged abuse are reported to secular authorities if required by local laws or as instructed by the local branch office. A press release issued in 2003 by Jehovah's Witnesses' Office of Public Information stated: "In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, the elders receive proper legal direction to ensure that they comply with the law."[3] The Watchtower has outlined the following policy: "Depending on the law of the land where he lives, the molester may well have to serve a prison term or face other sanctions from the State. The congregation will not protect him from this."[25] A 2002 memo to all congregations stated: "Our position is that secular authorities deal with crime while elders deal with sin."[4] Even where there is no mandatory reporting requirement, victims or others having knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse must not be discouraged from reporting it.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses'_handling_of_child_sex_abuse

making your assertions of telling others not to report the matter demonstrably FALSE. Boohoo for you!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 15

"One of the things that is the classic trope of the religious bigot is that while they are denying people their rights, they claim that their rights are being denied. While they are persecuting people, they claim to be persecuted. While they are behaving colossally offensively, they claim to be the offended party."

-Salman Rushdie

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
2 edits

Anyone care to tell the forum what is wrong with the following policy?

The Watchtower has outlined the following policy: "Depending on the law of the land where he lives, the molester may well have to serve a prison term or face other sanctions from the State. The congregation will not protect him from this."[25] A 2002 memo to all congregations stated: "Our position is that secular authorities deal with crime while elders deal with sin."[4]Even where there is no mandatory reporting requirement, victims or others having knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse must not be discouraged from reporting it.[29]

Did I read that correctly? the congregation will not protect them? they should not be discouraged for reporting? even if there are not two witnesses? even if its not mandatory? Yes indeed, our policy since about the last sixteen years.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
"One of the things that is the classic trope of the religious bigot is that while they are denying people their rights, they claim that their rights are being denied. While they are persecuting people, they claim to be persecuted. While they are behaving colossally offensively, they claim to be the offended party."

-Salman Rushdie
Where can i find the child protection policy of your church divesjeester? thanks in advance.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 15

Anyone care to tell the forum what is wrong with the following policy?

The Watchtower has outlined the following policy: "Depending on the law of the land where he lives, the molester may well have to serve a prison term or face other sanctions from the State. [b]The congregation will not protect him from this.
"[25] A 2002 memo to all congrega ...[text shortened]... witnesses? even if its not mandatory? Yes indeed, our policy since about the last sixteen years.[/b]
I think what went wrong is detailed in the damning report against the Austrailian branch of your church by the royal commission for child sexual abuse. There is a link in the OP which may help you.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
1 edit

I think what went wrong is detailed in the damning report against the Austrailian branch of your church by the royal commission for child sexual abuse. There is a link in the OP which may help you.
the child protection policy of your church/congregation divesjeester, where is it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 15

the child protection policy of your church divesjeester, where is it?
Leave the Jehovah's Witness organisation, stop defending the indefensible.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
2 edits

Leave the Jehovah's Witness organisation, stop defending the indefensible.
Third time asking, where is the child protection policy of your church? If I am going to leave at least I should examine their policies. Maybe I'll join your church. Where is its child protection policy so that I know my children are safe?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 15
1 edit

third time asking, where is the child protection policy of your church?
As the Jehovah's Witness police is so completely useless I can see why you would want a replacement.