JWs and 1000 cases of child sex abuse

JWs and 1000 cases of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Still cannot bring yourself to answer the question that I posed to you no less than three times, when you can let me know and I'll be around. Lost my moral compass? thats rich. Here it is again, let me know when you have the balls to answer it,

If i have knowledge of a crime and i advise those involved to go to the police and they fail to do so am I in some way guilty of a crime
This is just absurd deflection and you know it, I'm not interested in your derailing tactics.

I'll say it one more time, the facts, and these are corroborated by your religious organisation - 1006 files on alleged abusers, 1800+ victims of sexual abuse, 579 confessions and not once was any of this reported to the civil authorities. It's appalling, and you know it's appalling, yet you can't bring yourself to admit it on this forum. So instead you go into attack mode lashing out at everyone else posting in this thread.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
This is just absurd deflection and you know it, I'm not interested in your derailing tactics.

I'll say it one more time, the facts, and these are corroborated by your religious organisation - 1006 files on alleged abusers, 1800+ victims of sexual abuse, 579 confessions and not once was any of this reported to the civil authorities. It's appalling, an ...[text shortened]... s forum. So instead you go into attack mode lashing out at everyone else posting in this thread.
balls find some and answer the question. I am not lashing out at anyone, I have made an appeal to reason, you cannot even honor that reason. Why? because you are not interested in reason. I understand, its ok.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Dec 15

balls find some and answer the question.
Suck it up, your religious organisation is an 'agent of darkness' and you know it.

rc

Moves
22 Dec 15
1 edit

Suck it up, your religious organisation is an 'agent of darkness' and you know it.
The only thing ill be sucking up is a banana, coconut milk and date smoothie. You have nothing, no logic, no reason and NO BALLS! Its five against one and I am still standing flying the star spangled banner!

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light

T

Moves
23 Dec 15

I am not trying to defend anyone despite your insidious and vile insinuation. If you want the court transcripts find them yourself. The article that you cite from is misleading, there was no mandatory reporting and infact if you read the court transcripts you will realize that far from keeping anything secret the authorities in the form of the poli ...[text shortened]... Get back to me when you do because its rather tedious having to battle against your ignorance,
No surprise that you were unable to provide a link and excerpts from the court transcripts.

Like I said, "If you want to try to continue to defend Kendrick and the elders involved, I suppose that's your prerogative - though it does serve as grist for the mill for those who view JW as a cult whose adherents do not have a mind of their own."

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Dec 15

balls find some and answer the question. I am not lashing out at anyone, I have made an appeal to reason, you cannot even honor that reason. Why? because you are not interested in reason. I understand, its ok.
You've termed people 'sons of Satan' and 'agents of darkness'. You've thrown the terms 'revolting', 'vile' and 'disgusting' around and not once, not once have you had the decency to comment upon the fact that 1800+ children have been sexually abused. Surely the fact that 1800+ children have been sexually abused is 'vile', 'disgusting' and 'revolting'? But no, you just throw those terms at fellow posters and don't even acknowledge the children who have been abused.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
No surprise that you were unable to provide a link and excerpts from the court transcripts.

Like I said, "If you want to try to continue to defend Kendrick and the elders involved, I suppose that's your prerogative - though it does serve as grist for the mill for those who view JW as a cult whose adherents do not have a mind of their own."
Are you saying that they don't exists, no? well do your own research you lazy bum.

If I have not defended anyone and as a consequence I cannot be accused of continuing to defend anyone, can I? Very poor logic there and clearly you are slobbering as usual.

Listen if you need to make up lies that fine by me, its simply a matter of having to point your dishonesty out and and we have already established your ignorance. As I have said, let me know when you read the transcripts, it took me many hours to read them and I certainly wont be battling against a position of ignorance like yours.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

You've termed people 'sons of Satan' and 'agents of darkness'. You've thrown the terms 'revolting', 'vile' and 'disgusting' around and not once, not once have you had the decency to comment upon the fact that 1800+ children have been sexually abused. Surely the fact that 1800+ children have been sexually abused is 'vile', 'disgusting' and 'revolting'? Bu ...[text shortened]... hrow those terms at fellow posters and don't even acknowledge the children who have been abused.
Just answer the question and save your moralizing over other people for someone that cares. I am a man of science, I am interested in empirical evidence, not mere opinion!

T

Moves
23 Dec 15

Are you saying that they don't exists, no? well do your own research you lazy bum.

If I have not defended anyone and as a consequence I cannot be accused of continuing to defend anyone, can I? Very poor logic there and clearly you are slobbering as usual.

Listen if you need to make up lies that fine by me, its simply a matter of having to poi ...[text shortened]... hours to read them and I certainly wont be battling against a position of ignorance like yours.
Given your suspect posting history, there's no reason for anyone to believe any of your claims. Your continued refusal to post a link and excerpts of the court transcripts to substantiate your assertions leave little doubt that it's just more of the usual RC deceit.

You posted the following in response to a couple of excerpts I posted:
Read the court transcripts if you are really interested in the case, her own testimony was contradicted by her own biological parents.

There's no other way to take the above as other than an oafish attempt to discredit Conti and thereby defend Kendrick and the elders involved given the content of the aforementioned excerpts that I posted:
Reporter: When Candace and her attorney began conducting depositions with local church leaders, known as elders, they learned something astonishing.

Attorney: Do you recall becoming aware at any time of sexual abuse of a child by Jonathan Kendrick?

Elder: Yes.

Reporter: Even before Candace was abused, the elders knew that Jonathan Kendrick, who then held a leadership position in the congregation, had molested his own stepdaughter. His first known victim. He confessed to touching her one evening when he came home. Yet the elders did not call the police and did not warn the rest of the congregation.

Reporter: A confidentiality policy set by the church leaders back in New York. In a series of letters to elders across the country on the issue of child abuse, the watchtower made its policy clear. Though they acknowledged that some states have child abuse reporting laws, they said allegations should otherwise be kept secret to all but church leaders. Because worldly people are quick to resort to lawsuits if they feel their rights have been violated.

Moves
23 Dec 15

I'll repeat again, 1006 alleged abusers, 1800+ victims, 579 confessions and no one is reported to the police. This is a grotesque moral failing, there is no other way to describe it, and here you are aiming terms such as 'revolting' and 'disgusting' at me. Unbelievable, you've quite clearly lost your moral compass.
"One of the things that is the classic trope of the religious bigot is that while they are denying people their rights, they claim that their rights are being denied. While they are persecuting people, they claim to be persecuted. While they are behaving colossally offensively, they claim to be the offended party."

-Salman Rushdie

Moves
23 Dec 15

Its five against one and I am still standing...
Ut-oh, persecution card coming...

Moves
23 Dec 15

Just answer the question and save your moralizing over other people for someone that cares. I am a man of science, I am interested in empirical evidence, not mere opinion!
Your religious organisation is a disgrace and so are you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Dec 15

The only thing ill be sucking up is a banana, coconut milk and date smoothie. You have nothing, no logic, no reason and NO BALLS! Its five against one and I am still standing flying the star spangled banner!

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light
Give me back my flag. You have no right to it. You have no respect for it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Your religious organisation is a disgrace and so are you.
I just wanna know how many times or how often you're gonna trot this one out.

How many posts did the last thread on this get?

Is it possible to talk something to death?

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
Robbie this is genuine from dive.
My plea to for him to leave the JW organisation is indeed 100% genuine.