JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sorry I am under no duress to answer plastic and transparent loaded questions.
This one is very simple; none of you "brothers" of the alleged child abusers seem to be inclined to answer it.

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Now you are simply floundering. You have been caught making serious accusations against the Watchtower and Bible society that have no basis in any reality except a callous cynicism and an abject ignorance of the case. If I was you I would cut and run there is after all only so much of a hash of it as can be made.
Would you agree a known child sex offender should be kicked out of your church or whatever you call it? Your denomination?

Besides whatever legal proceedings do to him, jail, fines, community service, whatever?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
This one is very simple; none of you "brothers" of the alleged child abusers seem to be inclined to answer it.

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?
So in your mind people only block investigations if they are guilty?

Do you regard the Watchtower leaders to be guilty until proven innocent?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So in your mind people only block investigations if they are guilty?

Do you regard the Watchtower leaders to be guilty until proven innocent?
No.
No.

Considering the global scale of this abuse scandal and the serious heinous nature of these alleged crimes over decades, are your questions representative of you thinking the Jehovah Witness leadership are right to block investigations?

Would you have welcomed a similar investigation into the sexual abuse of your sister by her religious group, or would you have bene happy for them to have blocked any investigation?

rc

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Would you agree a known child sex offender should be kicked out of your church or whatever you call it? Your denomination?

Besides whatever legal proceedings do to him, jail, fines, community service, whatever?
Actually its not as simple as you are attempting to make out and I have no desire to battle against your ignorance. The congregation has authority to remove any unrepentant wrongdoers from being a Jehovahs Witnesses and from representing Jehovahs Witnessses. This we do by disfellowshipping them. This is as far as our jurisdiction goes.

We have no authority to ban anyone from entering our meetings as they are open to the public and unless they create a disturbance we cannot manhandle them outside and even if they do cause a disturbance we still need to call the police. If anyone is a known and convicted sex offender I suspect that they will have restrictions placed upon them by the courts and the congregation. To what extent these restrictions apply depends on the specific injunction. I suspect that any known sex offenders are carefully monitored and should not be allowed under any circumstances to be alone with children.

Disfellowshipped people have literally no contact with the congregation. They come, sit down and leave immediately afterwards speaking to no one and the congregation does not engage with them.

rc

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

If they cannot even understand what the legal proceedings were about even though it was published publicly by the UK government what hope is there for them? One would be as well as trying to ascertain from a bag of rocks the implications of special theory of relativity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17

If they cannot even understand what the legal proceedings were about even though it was published publicly by the UK government what hope is there for them? One would be as well as trying to ascertain from a bag of rocks the implications of special theory of relativity.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Mar 17

Robbie, I freely confess I am pretty ignorant of JW's and I have no more of an axe to grind against them than any other religion, but your mention of not understanding the charges, wouldn't that put them in a defensive category of insane or diminished capacity? I assume that is a legal defense in the UK just as it is in the US.

About JW's in general, I don't quite understand the hatred generated against them, I know they are not typically violent, don't have extremists going out with AK47's and such and whatever the oddities of it I could care less myself. If I met a JW and we had common interests like we do with music, I would never reject that person out of hand simply because he or she was JW.

rc

Moves
01 Mar 17

Robbie, I freely confess I am pretty ignorant of JW's and I have no more of an axe to grind against them than any other religion, but your mention of not understanding the charges, wouldn't that put them in a defensive category of insane or diminished capacity? I assume that is a legal defense in the UK just as it is in the US.

About JW's in general, I ...[text shortened]... we do with music, I would never reject that person out of hand simply because he or she was JW.
As yet there is no crime of stupidity although there should be, for wilful ignorance! It prejudice that generates hatred, thats all or in some cases bigotry.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17

As yet there is no crime of stupidity although there should be, for wilful ignorance! It prejudice that generates hatred, thats all or in some cases bigotry.
Simple question which you are ignoring Robbie 🙂

rc

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

As yet there is no crime of stupidity although there should be, for wilful ignorance! Its prejudice that generates hatred, thats all or in some cases bigotry.
this post deserves mediation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Mar 17
2 edits

this post deserves mediation.
You could have a sex abuser as one of your brethren; how would you know? Would you report them to the police?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Mar 17

Just as an aside, speaking of music, I am up to 55 tracks on SC, new tunes minted, some written for grandkids, some here some in Brazil.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17

Just as an aside, speaking of music, I am up to 55 tracks on SC, new tunes minted, some written for grandkids, some here some in Brazil.
really! how amazing, will check it out now,

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Dude I can't find you, have you changed your ID?