1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 19:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are JWs in "full and complete agreement" about this subject you refuse to say something to me about?
    Do you need the dictionaries explination of NOTHING?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Jesus speaking:

Matthew 18:15-17
    New Living Translation (NLT)

Correcting Another Believer
    15 “If another believer[a] sins against you,[b] go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. 16 But if you are unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that ev ...[text shortened]... agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not say....................
    [/b] And where did I agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not say....................

You acknowledged it in the following exchange. Are you claiming that you don't remember?

ToO:
    Seems like for whatever reason, you are refusing to directly address my post.

So, I'll have to do it the hard way. Is it correct to infer the following from your post?

1) There shouldn't be any JWs who ",in any way, participate in Lent or pre-Lenten celebrations such as Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, etc."

2) Those JWs who do participate in some way are NOT in "full and complete agreement" with the Watchtower Society and the majority of JWs.

G75:
    I guess you do not understand my answers. Must be to long. But yes you pretty much are stating what I said.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 20:43
    Do you need the dictionaries explination of NOTHING?
    LOL, he himself refused to answer every question that I asked him, such a hypocrite.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 22:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, he himself refused to answer every question that I asked him, such a hypocrite.
    You know come to think of it I don't think he's ever answered me either on anything. Hummmm?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 00:51
    You know come to think of it I don't think he's ever answered me either on anything. Hummmm?
    Did you miss my above post?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 01:58
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Did you miss my above post?
    Sorry but I thought it was answered.

So if I'm understanding your comment and thought, you feel in order for the statement I said to be true, then everyone that says they are a JW, they have to completly 100% agree and no matter their maturity and understanding on any level of what we believe?
    Is this your question?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 02:103 edits
    Sorry but I thought it was answered.

So if I'm understanding your comment and thought, you feel in order for the statement I said to be true, then everyone that says they are a JW, they have to completly 100% agree and no matter their maturity and understanding on any level of what we believe?
    Is this your question?
    I made the following statement:
    "As you've already acknowledged, the reality is that there are JWs who are not in 'full and complete agreement' with the Watchtower Society and the majority of JWs."

You responded with the following basically accusing me of lying:
    "And where did I agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not say...................."

In the post I directed you to, I pointed out where you had, in fact, acknowledged what I had said.

You hadn't responded to that post, so I pointed it out to you.

Hopefully you'll be better than RC about admitting a mistake and apologizing. Why do you think he refuses to do so? I wouldn't think that it is what the Watchtower Society teaches.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 03:08
    I made the following statement:
    "As you've already acknowledged, the reality is that there are JWs who are not in 'full and complete agreement' with the Watchtower Society and the majority of JWs."

You responded with the following basically accusing me of lying:
    "And where did I agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not sa ...[text shortened]... e refuses to do so? I wouldn't think that it is what the Watchtower Society teaches.
    They get amnesia very easy. 😏
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 11:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They get amnesia very easy. 😏
    Unfortunately, at this point, I don't expect G75 to have the integrity to admit his mistake and apologize. He has already posted in other threads, but evidently has chosen to avoid doing this by ignoring my post.

Given that RC has repeatedly exhibited similar behavior and, if I'm not mistaken, G75 has done this before , one can only wonder if this is endemic of JWs.

Perhaps they don't believe in the second commandment of Jesus:
    "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 14:14
    Unfortunately, at this point, I don't expect G75 to have the integrity to admit his mistake and apologize. He has already posted in other threads, but evidently has chosen to avoid doing this by ignoring my post.

Given that RC has repeatedly exhibited similar behavior and, if I'm not mistaken, G75 has done this before , one can only wonder if this is e ...[text shortened]... 't believe in the second commandment of Jesus:
    actually we demonstrate it by going house to house knowing that if any respond it may mean their salvation, how do you demonstrate it, by attempting to point out the faults of others, well, gee, thanks Jesus.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 15:47
    actually we demonstrate it by going house to house knowing that if any respond it may mean their salvation, how do you demonstrate it, by attempting to point out the faults of others, well, gee, thanks Jesus.

Given that RC has repeatedly exhibited similar behavior and, if I'm not mistaken, G75 has done this before , one can only wonder if this is endemic of JWs.

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:091 edit

Given that RC has repeatedly exhibited similar behavior and, if I'm not mistaken, G75 has done this before , one can only wonder if this is t believe in the second commandment of Jesus:
    (Matthew 7:1-5) 7 “Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother's eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:30
    (Matthew 7:1-5) 7 “Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother's eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me ...[text shortened]... m your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:373 edits
    I'm surprised that by now you haven't realised that robbie carrobie and Galveston (and probably all JWs) only answer those questions they consider support the WT governing body's stated opinion and direction. The obfuscation you are experiencing is otherwise manifested:

"Lol, you just don't get it do you?" (A Galveston favorite, when faced with a simple rebuttal of his opinion)

"Slime, pure slime and even more slime" (exclusive to robbie and usually reserved for FMF when he has presented robbie with his own words from an old thread which contradict a current theme he is presenting)

"If you weren't so blind you would be able to see what I'm saying" (usually Galveston when running out of ideas)

"I've already answered your question" (both - when obviously the question hasn't been addressed, just skirted around with waffle and misdirection)

"Your opinion is self-certified and therefore worthless" (a robbie special meaning you have no governing body which gives you your opinion)

"the original Greek contradicts your statement...." (a robbie academic special reserve; usually deployed when spitting angry and in a theological corner backed-up by scriptural evidence)
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 17:21
    Especially as applied to other Christians. They think they can get around this by claiming that other Christians are not "real" Christians.

Forget about their neighbor. They can't even show brotherly love towards other Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree