28 Apr '14 14:411 edit
    This page contains a thorough take down of the Kalam Cosmological Argument

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Kalam
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:093 edits
    C Hess,

I don't think you ever answered my question. Why are you desperate to find a refutation of the Kalaam Cosmological Argument. "Desperate" is a strong word.

When I am "desperate" about something I sometimes stop and ask my self "Why am I so desperate?" Is it to hold on to Atheism as a rational ?

There is a verse in the Bible that says the hearts of the fallen mankind is desperately wicked and incurable - in need of God's searching it out.

Here are a few translations of that passage (Jeremiah 14:9):

New Living Translation
    "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

English Standard Version
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

New American Standard Bible
    "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

King James Bible
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable--who can understand it?

Do you know WHY you are desperately seeking an answer to the Cosmological Argument for the existence of God ?
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:21
    Originally posted by sonship
    C Hess,

I don't think you ever answered my question. Why are you [b]desperate
    to find a refutation of the Kalaam Cosmological Argument. "Desperate" is a strong word.

When I am "desperate" about something I sometimes stop and ask my self "Why am I so desperate?" Is it to hold on to Atheism as a rational ?

There is a verse in the ...[text shortened]... are desperately seeking an answer to the Cosmological Argument for the existence of God ?[/b]
    I don't know the english word for it, but it was not meant literally. It was in a joking manner.
    What I meant was that I had a real problem with the argument because it leads to what I
    now know is commonly referred to as 'infinite regress'. I really wanted to see if there was
    some way out of that. 'Desperate' might have been too strong a word.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This page contains a thorough take down of the Kalam Cosmological Argument

Okay. And this page contains refutations in response to that article of the Objections to the Kalaam Cosmological Argument.

Refutating Objections to the Kalaam Cosmological Argument

http://midwestapologetics.org/articles/godsexistence/refutingobectionstokca.htm
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:44
    [b]This page contains a thorough take down of the Kalam Cosmological Argument

Okay. And this page contains refutations in response to that article of the Objections to the Kalaam Cosmological Argument.

http://midwestapologetics.org/articles/godsexistence/refutingobectionstokca.htm[/b]
    Your link doesn't present refutations of the arguments in the link I posted.

Your link contains a restatement of the arguments refuted by the arguments
    in the link I posted.

To refute them I would simply be restating the arguments I/we have already
    posted and are included in the site I linked.

I mean I can do it, but I am not sure that there is a point if you can't see that
    his arguments are refuted by the ones we have already made.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:581 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Your link doesn't present refutations of the arguments in the link I posted.

Your link contains a restatement of the arguments refuted by the arguments
    in the link I posted.

To refute them I would simply be restating the arguments I/we have already
    posted and are included in the site I linked.

I mean I can do it, but I am not sure that the ...[text shortened]... e is a point if you can't see that
    his arguments are refuted by the ones we have already made.
    That is not the case that he's just restating because he enumerate objections 1 through N followed by replies.

It may be the case that he drew from other objectors in the process and included them.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 03:36

http://midwestapologetics.org/articles/godsexistence/refutingobectionstokca.htm[/b]
    I hate getting refutated. 🙂
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 03:48

Good on them for actually dealing with some objections point-by-point (some theists on this forum could learn something from that), but the conclusion - "The KCA stands as overwhelming evidence for God’s existence." - is surely too strong.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 07:25
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I hate getting refutated.
    Yeah, me too. Oooh, I almost renunciated myself.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 18:43
    I love when atheists say stupid things like, "Well, maybe everything requires a cause except everything (the universe.)" It makes their desperation to avoid answering to God all the more palpable.

I think, therefore God is. It's that simple, boys. Time to repent.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 18:47
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I love when atheists say stupid things like, "Well, maybe everything requires a cause except everything (the universe.)" It makes their desperation to avoid answering to God all the more palpable.

I love it when theists say "Everything must have a cause, except for god".
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 18:54
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I love it when theists say "Everything must have a cause, except for god".
    Only events need causes, brah.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 19:011 edit
    "I think, therefore God is. It's that simple.."

Only in _your_ mind are things THAT simple.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 19:07
    Originally posted by moonbus
    "I think, therefore God is. It's that simple.."

Only in _your_ mind are things THAT simple.
    It's true that I have an exceptional mind, but it really is a simple deduction. I think, which proves my own existence. I am not responsible for my own existence, however, so my existence requires an explanation. This explanation must be self-existent, self-aware, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...well, all the omnis. Call Him God or Mr. Hanky, but you owe Him everything you have.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 19:10
    Originally posted by Darfius

Oh dear.

It's another new theist who's been force-fed crap about atheists and
    knows f*all about us, but thinks they know everything...

Just what the doctor ordered.

Where did we put the FAQ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree