Kalam cosmological argument

Kalam cosmological argument

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by Darfius
Originally posted by googlefudge
[b]
[quote]Starting to go off the rails here. Logical arguments such as these require all steps to
be absolutely true in all possible circumstances to stand up. If there is any possible
circumstance where they are not true then the argument folds.

I hypothesis a situation where future you discovers how to crea ...[text shortened]... ]

Occam's Razor, Senor Fudge. If He made me, the unfortunate truth is that He also made you.
Wow. Your even worse at logic than freaky... and I didn't think that was possible.

You are asserting a great many things with no evidence or logical argument to
demonstrate that they are so.

Until you DO present such an argument you are not presenting a sound logical
argument and I can and will disregard it as being a load of egotistical drivel.

But do please try to explain Occam's Razor to me. This should be quite entertaining.

Moves
30 Apr 14

I don't recall claiming to be special. Why do all of you atheists have such inferiority complexes?
No you are quite right, in a self-flagellistic orgasm of humility you declared
yourself the centre of the universe, and a being so splendiferous that only
an infinitely powerful omnimax being can possibly have created you....

I can't think what I was thinking suggesting that you thought yourself
special.

Don't worry, it wont happen again.

y

Moves
30 Apr 14

No you are quite right, in a self-flagellistic orgasm of humility you declared
yourself the centre of the universe, and a being so splendiferous that only
an infinitely powerful omnimax being can possibly have created you....

I can't think what I was thinking suggesting that you thought yourself
special.

Don't worry, it wont happen again.
Why are you so crass, is the basis of your morality teach you this?

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Why are you so crass, is the basis of your morality teach you this?
Hmm. interesting question...

I'll consider answering it when you give me a good reason for calling a being
that advocated slavery and committed genocide [among other crimes] the
source and ultimate judge/arbiter of morality.

When you can manage to convincingly justify worshipping such a festering pit
of evil and calling it good I might consider listening to anything you have to say
on the subject of morality.

EDIT: Also if the word 'Orgasm' upsets you I can certainly arrange for it to be
included somewhere in all my posts, you just have to give the word.

L

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

The universe is the name we give to all the little events it's filled with. So yes, the universe is one big event.
Your first statement here is false. But even supposing it were true, how would it follow that "the universe is one big event"? It would only follow that the universe is a collection of events. And, then, how would it follow that the universe needs a cause? The move from the idea that an event needs a cause to the idea that a collection of events needs a cause would be a fallacy of composition.

Your position is a mess. Your arguments here are some of the very worst I have ever seen on this topic.

y

Moves
30 Apr 14

Hmm. interesting question...

I'll consider answering it when you give me a good reason for calling a being
that advocated slavery and committed genocide [among other crimes] the
source and ultimate judge/arbiter of morality.

When you can manage to convincingly justify worshipping such a festering pit
of evil and calling it good I might consid ...[text shortened]... ainly arrange for it to be
included somewhere in all my posts, you just have to give the word.
GF, nothing you say upsets me to be sure. You seem to be a fairly intelligent fellow, one that crafts his comments carefully. From what I read of your postings, you tend to be insulting of those that hold a view that differs from yours; I find that rather sad.

Would it be so hard to have respect for another's beliefs without attempting to trash them to your own enjoyment? Or is that the point?

I give you the word, use 'Orgasm' in all your posts I am sure all will find it amusing. Oh plzzz.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Apr 14

Thanks for the welcome back. And yes, just as I believe the fallen angels consciously rebelled against a God they knew existed, I think humans do so as well, not that I claim to understand the logic involved, though I strongly suspect it to be a willful lack of logic.
If angels fall, why should we suffer reproach? Isn't it hubris of us to suppose we could be any better than angels?

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Apr 14

Darfius:" I think, which proves my own existence. I am not responsible for my own existence, however, so my existence requires an explanation. This explanation must be self-existent, self-aware, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...well, all the omnis. Call Him God"

Are you perhaps familiar with the writings of Paul Tillich? In "The Courage To Be" he makes a similar argument to yours. I paraphrase: I think, therefore the Power of Being triumphs over the power of darkness. I'm curious whether you two arrived at such similar lines of thought independently.

The Apologist

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by moonbus
If angels fall, why should we suffer reproach? Isn't it hubris of us to suppose we could be any better than angels?
2 Peter 2:4,9 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Pretty simple. Either be better than those angels or suffer the same fate. Instead of bothering with what is proud or humble, focus on what is right or wrong.

The Apologist

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Darfius:" I think, which proves my own existence. I am not responsible for my own existence, however, so my existence requires an explanation. This explanation must be self-existent, self-aware, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...well, all the omnis. Call Him God"

Are you perhaps familiar with the writings of Paul Tillich? In "The Courage To Be" he mak ...[text shortened]... of darkness. I'm curious whether you two arrived at such similar lines of thought independently.
Never read his works.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Apr 14

Never read his works.
You might find he strikes a chord in you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 14

Wow. Your even worse at logic than freaky... and I didn't think that was possible.

You are asserting a great many things with no evidence or logical argument to
demonstrate that they are so.

Until you DO present such an argument you are not presenting a sound logical
argument and I can and will disregard it as being a load of egotistical drivel.

But do please try to explain Occam's Razor to me. This should be quite entertaining.
You wouldn't know logic if it smacked you in your smart mouth...

Moves
01 May 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
You wouldn't know logic if it smacked you in your smart mouth...
Heh. For that to sting... or stick... it actually needs to be right.

Also amused that you're the kind of person who uses 'smart' as a derogatory...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 May 14

Heh. For that to sting... or stick... it actually needs to be right.

Also amused that you're the kind of person who uses 'smart' as a derogatory...
Leave it to you to fail to grasp that a smart mouth is a cocky person who speaks out of turn.

Must be all that "logic" in your head that keeps you from possessing common sense.

Moves
01 May 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Leave it to you to fail to grasp that a smart mouth is a cocky person who speaks out of turn.

Must be all that "logic" in your head that keeps you from possessing common sense.
Yes. It's a phrase coined by the kind of people who think 'smart' is derogatory...

A group you apparently belong to.