Kids and men

Kids and men

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
24 Nov 18

@karoly-aczel said
Does anyone know what it means to be a man?
There's a lot of ways to describe what it means to be a man. I do not wish to view them as conflicting necessarily. Each generation has its own set of challenges and values which it needs to have emphasized and even values which perhaps need to be [i[de-emphasized.[/i]

I think that, for men of the 21st century, a recurring theme will be discipline and the removal of sexual immaturity and the creation of a broader sort of intelligence as opposed to a narrower one.

Once these sorts of values are inculcated, then we are ready to really go from boyhood to manhood.

Moves
24 Nov 18

@philokalia said
I think that, for men of the 21st century, a recurring theme will be discipline and the removal of sexual immaturity and the creation of a broader sort of intelligence as opposed to a narrower one.
What is a “broader intelligence”?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
It’s just a poem.
Yes, but like religion, it makes an attempt to connect the reader with a higher standard, an idealized version, if you will, of ourselves.

As a woman reading this, the effect is ruined at the end with the concept that these things are only in the realm of 'manliness'.

I enjoy Kipling, it's just that I feel he missed the mark here by excluding women. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times in which he wrote.

Moves
24 Nov 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
Yes, but like religion, it makes an attempt to connect the reader with a higher standard, an idealized version, if you will, of ourselves.

As a woman reading this, the effect is ruined at the end with the concept that these things are only in the realm of 'manliness'.

I enjoy Kipling, it's just that I feel he missed the mark here by excluding women. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times in which he wrote.
Like most feminists you are spoiling the pie by lifting up the pastry so to speak. The poem is about a father speaking to his son, what was he supposed to say at the end, got a suggestion?

Perhaps he should have said:

“Then you will be gender neutral person, my gender neutral offspring”

Stop being an overweening feminist and bringing your generic group into ridicule. If you don’t like the poem then write your own one about women superheros or something.

T

Moves
24 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
Like most feminists you are spoiling the pie by lifting up the pastry so to speak. The poem is about a father speaking to his son, what was he supposed to say at the end, got a suggestion?

Perhaps he should have said:

“Then you will be gender neutral person, my gender neutral offspring”

Stop being an overweening feminist and bringing your generic group into ridicule. If you don’t like the poem then write your own one about women superheros or something.
The poem could have just as easily been a poem about a father speaking to his child. At the end he could have easily said:
"you'll be an adult, my child" or something to that effect.

Is that really so difficult for you to comprehend?

T

Moves
24 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're finding forward planning when there wasn't any.

The OP had nothing to do with Jesus, just a follow on from other threads where Karoly thinks of himself as the adult. But of course, you knew that already.

Fake praise is no praise at all.
He's certainly much more of an adult than you.

It's remarkable how little understanding you have of so much. Perhaps that's why you troll this site - as a childish attempt to compensate.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
He's certainly much more of an adult than you.

It's remarkable how little understanding you have of so much. Perhaps that's why you troll this site - as a childish attempt to compensate.
Your public grooming of Karoly (and ignoring of his unhinged vitriolics) is simultaneously curious and creepy. I get that he is the 'only' person who doesn't call you out for your cowardly avoidance of basic theological questions, but surely there is some integrity left in you? Surely?

T

Moves
24 Nov 18
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your public grooming of Karoly (and ignoring of his unhinged vitriolics) is simultaneously curious and creepy. I get that he is the 'only' person who doesn't call you out for your cowardly avoidance of basic theological questions, but surely there is some integrity left in you? Surely?
Regardless of what you may think of him, he's certainly much more of an adult than you and certainly has a better understanding of spirituality than you.

You operate at the level of a young teen as demonstrated by pretty much every post you make on this forum - including this latest from you.

You may have the least integrity of anyone posting on this forum - and that's saying a lot. Deceit has been part and parcel of your MO since you started trolling this forum.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
Regardless of what you may think of him, he's certainly much more of an adult than you and certainly has a better understanding of spirituality than you.

You operate at the level of a young teen as demonstrated by pretty much every post you make on this forum - including this latest from you.

You may have the least integrity of anyone posting on this forum - and that's saying a lot. Deceit has been part and parcel of your MO since you started trolling this forum.
It's laughable that you would say that. My 'spiritual knowledge' not only annihilates Karolys (which is erratic and cereal box at best) it also runs rings around your own 'so-called' religious understanding. Good God man, you can't even articulate if God actually exists.

As for integrity, please explain honestly what insight Karoly shows when he comes into a thread he is not involved in just to post one-word 'faggot' or when he describes you personally using the C word? It says a lot that you are able to overlook all the vulgarity he brings to the forum and the nonsensical ramblings, clearly posted by a man who has not been himself for some time.

T

Moves
24 Nov 18
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's laughable that you would say that. My 'spiritual knowledge' not only annihilates Karolys (which is erratic and cereal box at best) it also runs rings around your own 'so-called' religious understanding. Good God man, you can't even articulate if God actually exists.

As for integrity, please explain honestly what insight Karoly shows when he comes into a threa ...[text shortened]... forum and the nonsensical ramblings, clearly posted by a man who has not been himself for some time.
When you first started posting on this forum you would childishly bring up your "theology degree" in a vain attempt to assert yourself as someone knowledgeable about spirituality - as if it gave your superficial interjections real weight. When I called you on it, you went into a multi-post denial that you repeatedly brought it up that rivaled robbie carobbie at his worst. It was about as pathetic as it gets.

Since then, your posts continue to be childishly superficial and utterly lacking in integrity.

You operate at the level of a young teen as demonstrated by pretty much every post you make on this forum - including this latest from you - and deceit has been part and parcel of your MO since you started trolling this forum.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
When you first started posting on this forum you would childishly bring up your "theology degree" in a vain attempt to assert yourself as someone knowledgeable about spirituality - as if it gave your superficial interjections real weight. When I called you on it, you went into a multi-post denial that you repeatedly brought it up that rivaled robbie carobbie at his worst. ...[text shortened]... est from you - and deceit has been part and parcel of your MO since you started trolling this forum.
Nonsense. I spoke of my theology degree when it was relevant to a given conversation. (Why wouldn't I? is a degree something to be ashamed of? ) It was insecure Christians like Romans who brought it up at every opportunity (sometimes several times a day) to post things like, "how could someone with a theology degree not know that etc etc." If I responded to his posts numpties like yourself would come along to say I was talking about my degree too much.

Truth is ToO, you suffer greatly from degree envy. You need to work on that. (And perhaps also come to a decision about what Jesus meant when he said he was sent by God).

As an aside, do you remember when Karoly thought you have tricked him into paying for sonships subscription and that you and sonship were, in fact, the same person? (You know, just before using the C word to describe you). Was that Karoly demonstrating his unique insight?

Ho ho ho.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 18

Scenario for ToO:

Imagine for a moment you're an atheist (should be easy for you) who put in all the hard work required to attain a theology degree. Now imagine some theists, when they learn you are an atheist, try to dismiss your contributions to theological discussions by saying atheists are lazy or ignorant on matters relating to religion. - Would you keep your theology degree under wraps or say to them, "I am not ignorant in this matter, I have a degree on this subject. I'm afraid my opinions are informed and can not be so easily dismissed on grounds of ignorance."

T

Moves
24 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Nonsense. I spoke of my theology degree when it was relevant to a given conversation. (Why wouldn't I? is a degree something to be ashamed of? ) It was insecure Christians like Romans who brought it up at every opportunity (sometimes several times a day) to post things like, "how could someone with a theology degree not know that etc etc." If I responded to his posts ...[text shortened]... re using the C word to describe you). Was that Karoly demonstrating his unique insight?

Ho ho ho.
Let's look at an example of how GoaD uses deceit.

It was insecure Christians like Romans who brought it up at every opportunity (sometimes several times a day) to post things like, "how could someone with a theology degree not know that etc etc." If I responded to his posts numpties like yourself would come along to say I was talking about my degree too much.

It wasn't GoaD that would bring it up. It was "Christians like Romans" who would bring it up.

Note how GoaD underhandedly pretends that my assertion was that he would be accused of "talking about [his] degree too much" when others would bring it up.

Following is what my assertion actually stated:
When you first started posting on this forum you would childishly bring up your "theology degree" in a vain attempt to assert yourself as someone knowledgeable about spirituality - as if it gave your superficial interjections real weight.

Clearly the issue was that HE would bring it up "in a vain attempt to assert [himself] as someone knowledgeable about spirituality" or "as if it gave [his] superficial interjections real weight".

Following is an example of where GoaD did just that:
21 Dec '16 Fetchmyjunk to GoaD
Could also be your understanding of the Bible that is not consistent. 😉

Pasted from <https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/bible-works-vs-faith.171183/page-6>

21 Dec '16 GoaD to Fetchmyjunk
Should we compare theology degrees?

Pasted from <http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/bible-works-vs-faith.171183/page-7>

So there is an example of how GoaD would childishly bring up his"theology degree" in a vain attempt to assert himself as someone knowledgeable about spirituality - as if it gave his superficial interjections real weight. Just as I said.

As I also posted earlier:
When I called you on it, you went into a multi-post denial that you repeatedly brought it up that rivaled robbie carobbie at his worst. It was about as pathetic as it gets.

I'm not interested in seeing GoaD go on another disingenuous multi-post "defense" heaping one deceit upon another, so I'll leave things here. I've seen that movie too many times.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 18
1 edit

@thinkofone said
Let's look at an example of how GoaD uses deceit.

It was insecure Christians like Romans who brought it up at every opportunity (sometimes several times a day) to post things like, "how could someone with a theology degree not know that etc etc." If I responded to his posts numpties like yourself would come along to say I was talking about my degree too much.
...[text shortened]... se" heaping one deceit upon another, so I'll leave things here. I've seen that movie too many times.
You're such a simp. Why not address the scenario I put to you and then perhaps drop the deceit and subterfuge and state clearly whether or not you believe Jesus was sent by God.

It really shouldn't be that difficult, even for somebody without a degree. 😵

T

Moves
24 Nov 18
3 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're such a simp. Why not address the scenario I put to you and then perhaps drop the deceit and subterfuge and state clearly whether or not you believe Jesus was sent by God.

It really shouldn't be that difficult, even for somebody without a degree. 😵
My previous post was spot-on - his "scenario" not withstanding.

GoaD continues to operate at the level of a young teen as demonstrated by pretty much every post he makes on this forum - including this latest - and deceit has been part and parcel of his MO since he started trolling this forum.

Same movie. Over and over again.

The reality is that KA is certainly much more of an adult than GoaD and certainly has a better understanding of spirituality than GoaD.