killing in the name of

killing in the name of

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
23 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
only if you are the guy off terminator2.

it seems really hard to get the religious element on here to answer hypothetical questions. why are atheists more comfortable with these types of discussions. if religion gives somebody a strong set of moral why fear expressing yourself. i can only guess, but im thinking many dont like how they would answer, so would rather not say.
if an atheist kills thousands of people all the other atheists know and recognize that person as bat-dung crazy who belongs in a mental institution or locked away forever.

if a religious nutbar kills thousands of people on behalf of god, the other people of that religion idolized the person as a righteous hero obeying god. hallelujah! 🙄

they're not comfortable discussing these things because they have to suspend their own moral faculties when doing so. every religious person who has read the bible knows their god is a psychopath, but through cognitive dissonance, they have convinced themselves otherwise. however, they can't fool their subconscious.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
23 Mar 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
And this is why people flew planes into the twin towers and why faith is so damned dangerous.
There are some dumb people who think that it is an inside job and that no one was on the planes. That is what Wordprophet says on youtube.

Moves
23 Mar 12

Originally posted by RBHILL
There are some dumb people who think that it is an inside job and that no one was on the planes. That is what Wordprophet says on youtube.
rb do you have any insight as to why theists dont seem to like answering hypothetical questions regarding religion?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Mar 12

no magic buttons, bare hands and blunt objects only.
Well then it brings into question whether one would be able to do it at all.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
if an atheist kills thousands of people all the other atheists know and recognize that person as bat-dung crazy who belongs in a mental institution or locked away forever.

if a religious nutbar kills thousands of people on behalf of god, the other people of that religion idolized the person as a righteous hero obeying god. hallelujah! 🙄

they're no ...[text shortened]... nance, they have convinced themselves otherwise. however, they can't fool their subconscious.
They are killing in the name of Allah. That is the false god of Islam.

P.S. "666" = Islam in the name of Allah
"666" = Mohammed and the Quran.

Moves
25 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
They are killing in the name of Allah. That is the false god of Islam.

P.S. "666" = Islam in the name of Allah
"666" = Mohammed and the Quran.
how many muslims did david korsh have at his ranch? how many muslims were involved in the oklahoma city bombing or the aryan nations, or the army of god, kkk, phineas priesthood, Symbionese Liberation Army and all the other crazy christian terrorists based in the u.s.
we also have all the lovely christian irish terrorists that like to blow-up britsh shopping centers.
or you could move to spain and live in fear of the basque separatists

the world has 100's of different terrorist groups all following different beliefs.

have you ever wondered that if the koran really does say christians are the enemy (and i dont think for one moment it does) why has it taken so long for a group like al-qaeda to come along. why dont whole islamic nations declare war on the west? why sell oil to their worst enemy? whys is it only a tiny fraction of muslims that support al-qaeda. why do al-qaeda attack fellow muslims?

not that you care, you need to direct your hatred somewhere, right?

Moves
25 Mar 12

Well Wordprophet is wrong.

The planes were hijacked by religious extremists and deliberately flown into the towers.

The real version of events is (as close as makes no difference) the official version of events.
conspiracists who claim otherwise are just wrong.

However all this is irrelevant to the point I was actually making.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Mar 12

Well Wordprophet is wrong.

The planes were hijacked by religious extremists and deliberately flown into the towers.

The real version of events is (as close as makes no difference) the official version of events.
conspiracists who claim otherwise are just wrong.

However all this is irrelevant to the point I was actually making.
that kind of belief is as dangerous as religious beliefs.

Moves
25 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that kind of belief is as dangerous as religious beliefs.
Which kind of belief?

The conspiracy nuts who don't believe that 9:11 was the work of terrorists?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Mar 12

Which kind of belief?

The conspiracy nuts who don't believe that 9:11 was the work of terrorists?
conspiracy "nuts"
way to classify them with a fallacy.

the conspiracy theorists believe it was the work of terrorists. they just have a different idea of who those terrorists were.

P

Moves
25 Mar 12

rb do you have any insight as to why theists dont seem to like answering hypothetical questions regarding religion?
It seems he does not. All we ever see is diversion tactics (except for RJ, who will kill if the voices in his head tell him to)

--- Penguin.

R

California

Moves
27 Mar 12

Originally posted by Penguin
It seems he does not. All we ever see is diversion tactics (except for RJ, who will kill if the voices in his head tell him to)

--- Penguin.
But what if killing one man would save 1,000,000,000 lives?

P

Moves
27 Mar 12
1 edit

You are talking about the Trolly Problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

but that was not the question posed in this thread. In the question posed in this thread, there was no stated benefit to a large group, it was just "would you kill if you believed your God was telling you to". RJHinds says he would.

For the record, in the Trolly problem, I would like to think that I would pull the lever / push the fat man. I also hope never to find out if I am right!

--- Penguin.

Moves
27 Mar 12

At best, the realistic situation is, "What if you firmly believe that killing one man will save 10^9 lives?" In moral decisions we are always in the arena of justification on the basis of beliefs only, and cannot realistically pretend otherwise.

R

California

Moves
27 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
You are talking about the Trolly Problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

but that was not the question posed in this thread. In the question posed in this thread, there was no stated benefit to a large group, it was just "would you kill if you believed your God was telling you to". RJHinds says he would.

For the record, in the Trolly pr ...[text shortened]... ull the lever / push the fat man. I also hope never to find out if I am right!

--- Penguin.
Well why not kill if the Bible says all have sinned and fallen short of God's Glory.
Everyone is capable of murder even little granny down the street. In Fresno where i live a 74 year old man killed a 51 yearold over a stupid dog argument on Friday or Thursday of last week. And then in the Riverpark area the 74 year old took his life.