1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '10 23:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Hmm...I can answer your penultimate question:
    Do you believe in mass enlightenment? Like God-conciousness?
    With a no! 🙂
    I cannot make much sense of the rest of your post unfortunately.

Perhaps it is best to state my reason for joining in with this thread; that being I wish to try and find some hypothetical model which without inducing any contra ...[text shortened]... hen there is no temporal separation between having done nothing and having done something?? 😕
    I dont know how. It just does. Is the "how" important?

I get the feeling this is coming down to an expiriential thing. If you haven't experienced "God conciousness" then my words are just gibberish. They are probably gibberish anyway,but, and I cant stress this enough, there is no other purpose to life.
    You and I share the same mind. We all share the same one reality. And that which we call "time" will be shown for what it is-a bad dream from which to awaken from.
    The fact that it has taken so long to evolve to the stage from which we can make this final leap doesn't matter.Whats another million yearS?

Basically we have evolved free will so we can reallign our wills with the Will of God.
    Sounds silly, but the end result is worth it.
    No suffering,No not-knowing. Pure awareness without any intellectual posturing. Open and undivided.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 00:134 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont know how. It just does. Is the "how" important?

I get the feeling this is coming down to an expiriential thing. If you haven't experienced "God conciousness" then my words are just gibberish. They are probably gibberish anyway,but, and I cant stress this enough, there is no other purpose to life.
    You and I share the same mind. We all share th g,No not-knowing. Pure awareness without any intellectual posturing. Open and undivided.
    With assertions such as these the how is very important! (in particular, how it cannot).

Suppose for example, someone told me that:
    If my head gets chopped off by a guillotine, I'll still be able to check my wrist watch and tell the time for up to a minute before I die.
    Given that it is understood that severing the connection between my brain and the rest of the body will render me unable (at the very least) to coordinate my hands then I would very much want to hear their justification as to how their assertion above is true!

In short, the omniscience+free-will claim seems blatantly contradictory and I am interested in developing some way to make the claim feasible (in a hypothetical sense), or argue that it is impossible. In a similar vein, an omnipotent god (capable of all that is logically possible) is hypothetically feasible but one which can create a rock so heavy it cannot lift is not.

As for the rest of what you hold to be true, we'll just have to agree to disagree I think 🙂
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 02:39
    Originally posted by Agerg
    With assertions such as these the how is very important! (in particular, how it cannot).

Suppose for example, someone told me that:
    If my head gets chopped off by a guillotine, I'll still be able to check my wrist watch and tell the time for up to a minute before I die.
    Given that it is understood that severing the connection between my brain and ...[text shortened]...
    As for the rest of what you hold to be true, we'll just have to agree to disagree I think 🙂
    oh yeah, Im not wanting anyone to agree with me on a logical,intellectual-type plane.
    As you rightly pointed out much of what I have to offer is contradictory.
    But that is the conclusion I have come to. Ie. the universe is a paradox.

Although if an alien race were to view what passes for rational thought on Earth I think they may well get chills up their hypothetical spines. I do.
    So in that sense are we going to continue in the same fashion,ie. hunger,war,one-upmanship,etc.,etc.? or is there an answer to our problems? I think there is.

And no matter who you are you are NOW. Not 20 years ago. Not Yesterday. Now.

As to the playing out of the remaining time that the Illuminati have control of this
    Earth, that is limited. People are waking up.
    I hate a lot of new-age spiritual crap. But it was a necessary step in our evolution. As were the world wars for example.
    So if the "how" is important for you I'm afraid I cant help you. You either get it or you dont.
    But dont despair (your probably laughing), you are more than you. The Earth is more than just the physical Earth we see.
    Question: Do you feel fear?
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 01:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Still a good question. So if God does know all in the future, why did he create man if he knew they would sin and bring all our problems we now have on us?
    That's a good question, God knew that He would create us, therefore He did, He choose to because He loves us
  5. England
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 14:24
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Still a good question. So if God does know all in the future, why did he create man if he knew they would sin and bring all our problems we now have on us?
    like any jouney that we take we know where we are going and when we will get there but on route the people we meet and moments we share differ
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 May '10 05:561 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    like any jouney that we take we know where we are going and when we will get there but on route the people we meet and moments we share differ
    Abide With Me

YouTube&feature=related

Better yet we see the lyrics

YouTube&feature=related
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '10 15:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    "My name is Jehovah, and I know the end from the beginning; therefore my hand shall be over thee" (Abraham 2:8)

How do you guys interpret this? Does it mean that God knows everything that is going to happen from start to end of human existence?
    Yes.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 May '10 17:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes.
    So no free will then?
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 May '10 23:04
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It's from the Book of Abraham, which is a text of somewhat questionable origins. But it's well regarded by some sects of Christianity.
    Not most denominations ("sects" might put some stock in it)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree