2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Any one care to kick this one off?
    rvsakhadeo?
    Kundalini is the spiritual energy lying coiled up or dormant at the base of the spine of each human being.When this energy is uncoiled/awakened through spiritual practice it rises up the spinal chord passing through various "Chakra"s or centers and then reaches the brain.Thereupon the practioner of this Raj Yog experiences oneness with God called" Samadhi ".
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 05:18
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Kundalini is the spiritual energy lying coiled up or dormant at the base of the spine of each human being.When this energy is uncoiled/awakened through spiritual practice it rises up the spinal chord passing through various "Chakra"s or centers and then reaches the brain.Thereupon the practioner of this Raj Yog experiences oneness with God called" Samadhi ".
    Yes, that's more or less the way I interpret it.

Other than Raj Yoga , what else can we do to awaken this dormant energy?

It is my understanding that we must open our base chakras to "clear" the way for our Kundalini to arise.
    Interestingly, I have come to conclude that the "sexual" charkra(base chakra), must be open for us to experince the Kundalini rising. So when someone commits to abstain from sex by closing of their chakra they are actually not allowing their energy to uncoil.

Am I on the right track here?
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 09:22
    Yes, that's more or less the way I interpret it.

Other than Raj Yoga , what else can we do to awaken this dormant energy?

It is my understanding that we must open our base chakras to "clear" the way for our Kundalini to arise.
    Interestingly, I have come to conclude that the "sexual" charkra(base chakra), must be open for us to experince the Kund ...[text shortened]... ra they are actually not allowing their energy to uncoil.

Am I on the right track here?
    I am not a practitioner of Raj Yog and hence cannot advise you. Raj Yog itself must be learnt under the guidance and control of a Guru who should be well versed in the practices. Otherwise trying this type of arousal of Kundalini is extremely hazrdous and must not repeat not be tried out at all by oneself !!!!
    I advise to approach a Guru may be from Ramakrishna Mission/similar well known Yogic foundation in your country for any advice in this matter.
    Best way to realise God is by devotion and by doing good Karmas as if for God alone without any selfish attachments to these Karmas.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 09:34
    Kundalini is the spiritual energy lying coiled up or dormant at the base of the spine of each human being.When this energy is uncoiled/awakened...
    This sounds quite frightening to me. What exactly is it please?
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 09:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This sounds quite frightening to me. What exactly is it please?
    This is the information on Kundalini as obtained by me from various books/the net.
    Since I am not the practitioner of Raj Yog,I cannot talk from personal experience but eminent saints like Swami Vivekananda have warned that Kundalini arousal must not be tried out by oneself.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 10:25
    This is the information on Kundalini as obtained by me from various books/the net.
    Since I am not the practitioner of Raj Yog,I cannot talk from personal experience but eminent saints like Swami Vivekananda have warned that Kundalini arousal must not be tried out by oneself.
    So you have not experienced this energy rising through your chakras?
    I have. Many times.
    One time it was even accompanied by a hallucination of two snakes wrapping around eachother,(like the symbol on the back of ambulances...(there's a name for it-i cant remember now)).
    Thank you for responding.

The most fearful "Kundalini experience" for me was when a witch asked me to meditate with her. After a few minutes she started telling me where my focus was!! (It had a natural tendency to rise upwards). So when it ,(me/my focus ), was at my stomach she pointed to my stomach and so on upward until I came to my crown chakra.
    This was the most fearful part of the whole experience- My "focus" rose above my crown chakra,(above my head), and I had a complete out of body experience.
    I zoomed back down after a few seconds of "being out there" . I told her I didn't think I could do it again. She told me it was not a race.

Yes i, it was scary at first, but subsequent similar experiences have always been joyous and revealing.
  8. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 15:54
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:54
    Originally posted by ua41
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNMaDVZZp28
    I heard that guitarist playing his guitar like a sitar( as indeed one of the commentator said).It is a great piece.In the earlier part,I believe he was playing a soothing Indian "Raga" or a fixed arrangement of melodic notes. Good music is universal in its appeal. But arousal of Kundalini is best left to Masters in the Yogic field.
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:59
    I have. Many times.
    One time it was even accompanied by a hallucination of two snakes wrapping around eachother,(like the symbol on the back of ambulances...(there's a name for it-i cant remember now)).

The most fearful "Kundalini experience" for me was ...[text shortened]... cary at first, but subsequent similar experiences have always been joyous and revealing.
    Karoly,with all due respect to you,what you have felt is a very powerful hallucination and not arousal of Kundalini. Kundalini arousal is said to be a life shattering experience that liberates a person forever. And although the hallucination or even the out of body experience was joyful,I urge you to stop experimenting on these lines and take immediate help of a Yogic Guru at once.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 06:10
    Best to leave all this stuff well alone I think.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 07:24
    I have. Many times.

The most fearful "Kundalini experience" for me was ...[text shortened]... cary at first, but subsequent similar experiences have always been joyous and revealing.
    Sounds like drugs to me.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 May '11 09:091 edit
    Karoly,with all due respect to you,what you have felt is a very powerful hallucination and not arousal of Kundalini. Kundalini arousal is said to be a life shattering experience that liberates a person forever. And although the hallucination or even the out of body experience was joyful,I urge you to stop experimenting on these lines and take immediate help of a Yogic Guru at once.
    But I was with a "guru" at the time.
    I believe I have attained "liberation",(from the fear of death)
    And with all due respect I believe your advice is a bit out-dated. The times they are a changin'. Secrets are coming out. More and more people are born everyday with the potential to be Zen masters, or so I percieve.

I will happily take instruction from a decent Yogi guru or any other persons that truly want to help, indeed I have spent time meditating with Tibetan monks, Bhuddists monks, other micselleanous spiritual teachers but in the end , it's all up to me, for me to take control of my own life and push on from liberation to enlightenment.

Despite your advice I am going to keep throwing caution into the wind.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 May '11 09:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Sounds like drugs to me.
    I was totally straight, maybe a little sleep deprived
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 May '11 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Best to leave all this stuff well alone I think.
    It is not for everyone, but if it is for you then you may be ignoring your own dharma by shying away from your destiny ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree