1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "What you appear to be saying is that the Bible itself is no longer valid or only valid until we feel the necessity to dismiss its teachings."

parts of it are still valid. others? no, they are not.

women can teach. women can lead. women can create. women can have opinions. period. everyone who says differently is wrong. period. i can debate which chocolate is better, twix or snickers. this is not debatable.
    so yes, you can dismiss at will any parts that you do not feel are valid. Why is there no book of Zahlanzi in the Biblical cannon. You could add one.

Please note that no one is disputing whether a women is qualified to teach, i have repeatedly pointed out that is NOT the issue, what I had hoped you might be able to provide was a valid reason why one is at liberty to simply dismiss the Biblical account. So far you have failed to do that, other than to say, because i say so.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Are you saying that its not? Where is your evidence. I can certainly provide evidence that its clear and unequivocal, can you provide evidence to the contrary?
    science

genesis was been disproved
    noah's flood disproved
    people living 900 years disproved.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:071 edit
    science

genesis was been disproved
    noah's flood disproved
    people living 900 years disproved.
    this thread is about Lady Bishops, the clue is in the title. Are you saying that that the Bibles admonition that overseers should be exclusively male can be disproved by science? No then your statement makes no sense. If yes then are you in your senses?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:08
    so yes, you can dismiss at will any parts that you do not feel are valid. Why is there no book of Zahlanzi in the Biblical cannon. You could add one.

Please note that no one is disputing whether a women is qualified to teach, i have repeatedly pointed out that is NOT the issue, what I had hoped you might be able to provide was a valid reason why ...[text shortened]... s the Biblical account. So far you have failed to do that, other than to say, because i say so.
    "Why is there no book of Zahlanzi in the Biblical cannon."
    because that's the point. we don't dismiss the bible just to replace it with another gospel to hold absolute.

we as a society evolve. we hold different values. we live in different conditions. we reason for ourselves. sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not so good. hopefully some morals will remain universal and indeed we do share some of them with paul's vision of a society.

not halving the intellectual, spiritual, creative potential of our race is good. hopefully we will always adhere to this principle.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:11
    this thread is about Lady Bishops, the clue is in the title. Are you saying that that the Bibles admonition that overseers should be exclusively male can be disproved by science? No then your statement makes no sense. If yes then are you in your senses?
    oh, my mistake, i thought you said the bible is 100% correct. you are right, that isn't the topic here. you only talked about the position of women in society.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:11
    "Why is there no book of Zahlanzi in the Biblical cannon."
    because that's the point. we don't dismiss the bible just to replace it with another gospel to hold absolute.

we as a society evolve. we hold different values. we live in different conditions. we reason for ourselves. sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not so good. hopefully some morals wil ...[text shortened]... tual, creative potential of our race is good. hopefully we will always adhere to this principle.
    But you have just done that, you have taken the words of 1 Timothy 2:12 and replaced then with the words of Zahlanzi.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:18
    sure I can provide Biblical evidence. Perhaps if you stopped assuming so much you wouldn't make such silly accusations.

Let a woman learn in silence with full submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man, but she is to remain silent. - 1 Timothy 2:12

So tell us how you are going to provide evidence against this.
    we do not use a statement as proof of itself.

in this case, the bible verse is the statement. we reason if it is true by using logic, current society standards and norms, practical reasons.

there is no evidence to support women are not in touch with god but men are
    there is no evidence to support women are less intelligent than men
    there is no evidence to support women are not fit to lead.

ergo, the bible verse is wrong.

even if we would hold that everything god says is always righteous and should be followed, it wasn't god that said this verse. it was paul. and it is written somewhere ELSE, again in the bible, that god speaks through paul.

this is not even a circular argument, it is "a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff"
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:19
    sure I can provide Biblical evidence. ....
    Except you won't, will you? Instead, you have pretended to forget what I was referring to. As expected.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:21
    But you have just done that, you have taken the words of 1 Timothy 2:12 and replaced then with the words of Zahlanzi.
    in this case, the words of zahlanzi are the words of countless of open minded, non mysoginistic men and women who go to work together, respect each other's opinion and don't value a human by what kind of genitals they were born with.

my argument is that they can be improved on at a future date. someone suggesting that paul's words can be improved on make you have an anxiety attack.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Except you won't, will you? Instead, you have pretended to forget what I was referring to. As expected.
    I have provided a scriptural reference which demonstrates just how unequivocal the Bible is with regard to the appointment of Lady Bishops (overseers) If you can dispute it or offer evidence to the contrary them please do so. Petty personal disputes and accusation are uninteresting and quite banal. All others will simply be ignored.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:45
    in this case, the words of zahlanzi are the words of countless of open minded, non mysoginistic men and women who go to work together, respect each other's opinion and don't value a human by what kind of genitals they were born with.

my argument is that they can be improved on at a future date. someone suggesting that paul's words can be improved on make you have an anxiety attack.
    You can frame them how you like, it amounts to the same thing. You have interpolated your own words in place of the Biblical account.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 14:491 edit
    we do not use a statement as proof of itself.

in this case, the bible verse is the statement. we reason if it is true by using logic, current society standards and norms, practical reasons.

there is no evidence to support women are not in touch with god but men are
    there is no evidence to support women are less intelligent than men
    there is no ev ...[text shortened]... is is not even a circular argument, it is "a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff"
    No one is claiming any of these things. No one has said that a women cannot commune with God, no one is claiming that women are less intelligent etc etc. The fact of the matter is, the Bible is unequivocal that the appointment of overseers is to be exclusively male. You have pushed that aside and have simply inserted your own standard. You cannot deny this Zahlanzi, you have made your own authority supersede that of Gods word the Bible.
  13. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 15:33
    Are you saying that its not? Where is your evidence. I can certainly provide evidence that its clear and unequivocal, can you provide evidence to the contrary?
    What I am saying is that some of the stuff in the bible is nonsense. In this case,even you appear to see this.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 15:42
    I have provided a scriptural reference which demonstrates just how unequivocal the Bible is with regard to the appointment of Lady Bishops (overseers)
    Yes, I noticed. And you did so in an attempt to hide the fact that you were not able to do the same for the other items mentioned. Why else would you post something you were not asked for?

If you can dispute it or offer evidence to the contrary them please do so.
    I do not dispute it in the slightest and never did. Did you think I did?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 15:45
    Originally posted by deenny
    What I am saying is that some of the stuff in the bible is nonsense. In this case,even you appear to see this.
    That is your opinion, its not evidence. Your opinion is a subjective reality, it does not constitute evidence no matter how emphatically you say it does. You were not asked what you thought of the Bible. What you were actually asked was to produce Biblical evidence which nullifies the claim that the Bible is unequivocal in its insistence that only males are to qualify as overseers. A point which you seemed to contest. So far you have failed to do so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree