1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 17:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Riemann hypothesis is not one of those things. "Facts is facts" as Pogo would say.

The deeper understanding I am talking about is of things unseen, those things we cannot know through 'facts'. I've said many times that "Science (or 'facts' ) is the 'how' of things; Religion (or 'faith' ) is the 'why' of things." Two sides to the same coin of Knowl ...[text shortened]... capacity to change their lives irrevocably for the better, is the very definition of 'ignorant'.
    Nobody in the sciences claim to have total knowledge of the universe and anyone who does is sorely deluded.

Knowing the 'why' of the universe is probably not going to help scientists in their quest for the 'how' of the universe.

Maybe if the human race hangs on with its present growth of knowledge for another million years the why may be worked out.

As it is, ANY speculation of the 'why' is just that: Speculation.

You are CERTAIN you have the why pegged but that is just in your own mind. That does not have to include the actual universe.

And believe me, I am not at all trying to single you out in that. I just think every human on Earth is just as far off as to the 'why' as the rest.

It is all guesswork and the framers of the bible were in no better shape to make such a judgement as anyone else since it is my view no deity was involved in the making of the bible.

There are WAY too many books of wisdom equal to the bible for the bible to be singled out in any way.

You would admit all the other books are made by men but the bible is the only one inspired by a deity.

They ALL say that however.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Okay, I wonder why this post hasn't ignited a virtual firestorm, but maybe it's because it got buried pretty quickly, so I'll bump this just this once and see if it gets a better response.

If not, oh well, I guess genius is rarely rewarded in its own time. 😀

(...um, yeah, that's a joke! 🙂 )
    At least in my case because I'm already arguing with you about exactly the same
    issues in other threads.

I did however read it, and include that in my reference for what you say your
    position is when responding to other posts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree