1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:252 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Pawned? Not "pwned"?

Even more fail.

I'm not going to tell you to stop while you're ahead, because you're never ahead. Just stop while you're not too far behind. But that's probably not happening, either.
    wow is that a tumble weed. Awesome.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:26
    Maybe that's why you're not Abraham.

God chose Abraham because He knew Abraham had enough faith not to fail His test.

This is also why there are no more real prophets. This is the end times. They'd be killed long before they could even begin their mission. In fact, the only reason the two witnesses should fulfill their mission during the Beginning ...[text shortened]... . This begs the question of, just what do you base your "demonstrably" minimal faith on?
    God chose Abraham because He knew Abraham had enough faith not to fail His test.

And this, right here, is a demonstration of why faith [particularly religious faith] is so dangerous
    and bad.

You can justify anything with it, including in this case murdering your own children.

What kind of insane and psychotic god did this guy believe in that he could accept that murdering
    his own child was something it would ask him to do?

And why the f*** do you think worshipping such a being so that you can spend and ETERNITY with it
    is a GOOD idea????

Seriously, your religion holds out a 'carrot' that no sane person would ever choose.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:29
    Maybe that's why you're not Abraham.

This is also why there are no more real prophets. This is the end times. They'd be killed long before they could even begin their mission. In fact, the only reason the two witnesses should fulfill their mission during the Beginning ...[text shortened]... . This begs the question of, just what do you base your "demonstrably" minimal faith on?
    when cain slew abel, god got incredibly mad. he punished cain harshly. taking that into account, he asked abe to murder his son to see if abe was able to think for himself. to understand right from wrong. to understand how each life is precious, that nobody has any right to take one, not even god. one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill (most likely with the meaning "murder"😉.

all the times in which god supposedly demands murders is where the text of the bible is lying.

abe failed his test.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    when cain slew abel, god got incredibly mad. he punished cain harshly. taking that into account, he asked abe to murder his son to see if abe was able to think for himself. to understand right from wrong. to understand how each life is precious, that nobody has any right to take one, not even god. one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill (most lik ...[text shortened]... god supposedly demands murders is where the text of the bible is lying.

abe failed his test.
    wow you really do believe your own propaganda. I think you should simply dispense with the Bible, shave your hair and start pinging a triangle and asking for disciples. Whats to stop you ? you are practically making up your own religion anyway. You could call it Zippism. You could dress up like zippy from rainbow, paint your faces orange and slobber your own dogma.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:40

This is one thing I just don't get about you. You say you're a theist, even a Christian, I believe, and yet you still think Abraham was "a mindless insane sheep". You also claim the Bible is full of lies. This begs the question of, just what do you base your "demonstrably" minimal faith on?
    i will respond to this paragraph separately.

crucial to being a christian , the very definition of it, is to follow jesus' teachings.

that every life is precious. to love one's neighbor. to be an example to others.

that is mutually exclusive to the teachings of the OT. jesus even makes it a point to say he came to dismiss the old teachings. to be a christian is to be repulsed by the horror of the old testament.

that covers the lies that deal with morality. i will not even get into all the lies disproved without a shred of doubt by science. like the 900 year old men and the 6 days creation story. like the flood

so yes, it is not hard at all to be a christian and dismiss the OT.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow you really do believe your own propaganda. I think you should simply dispense with the Bible, shave your hair and start pinging a triangle and asking for disciples. Whats to stop you ? you are practically making up your own religion anyway. You could call it Zippism. You could dress up like zippy from rainbow, paint your faces orange and slobber your own dogma.
    yours is a dying breed. fundamentalism is going extinct.

you are just too much of a zealot to realize it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:45
    yours is a dying breed. fundamentalism is going extinct.

you are just too much of a zealot to realize it.
    whereas your religion is just made up! ping! ping!

If i see you in the street ill buy you a turnip or whatever it is the Zippys eat.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:54
    All believers make up their own religion.

Some will be closer to a literal reading of a particular holy book [or books]
    than others, but they will all still be interpreted and filtered by the individual believer.

Because religion has no rational, empirical, logically sound, objective basis; and
    is instead based on blind faith this is pretty much guaranteed to happen.
    And this is why we have thousands of religious denominations and sects and sub-sects.

ALL of whom claiming to have the correct interpretation of what their respective
    god or gods want.

Exodus 20 NIV

18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance

19 and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.”

20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

The people here are worshipping a volcano... They're that primitive... Bet not many Christian sects teach that though.

"4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
    5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
    6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

This is one of THE ten commandments... the second set, after Moses smashed the first ones.

And it bans making an image of "anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."

First... Good priorities here, definitely worth using one of your ten commandments to ban everything but abstract
    art instead of... oh I don't know, slavery maybe...

Second... Do ANY of you professed Christians follow this?

Or have you made, and do you own, pictures and/or sculptures of anything that isn't abstract?

Does this sound like a sane thing for an omnipotent god worthy of worshipping would care about?

Everyone interprets their religion to tell them to do, or not to do, what they wanted to do/or not already.

Which is fine if you are a warm friendly person who just wants to do good...

It's not so fine when it lends cover and justification to people who are less warm and fluffy.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:57
    i will respond to this paragraph separately.

crucial to being a christian , the very definition of it, is to follow jesus' teachings.

that every life is precious. to love one's neighbor. to be an example to others.

that is mutually exclusive to the teachings of the OT. jesus even makes it a point to say he came to dismiss the old teachings. to b ...[text shortened]... story. like the flood

so yes, it is not hard at all to be a christian and dismiss the OT.
    But... The OT was still supposed to be about the same god...

Was god wrong when he made the laws of the OT?

Was god wrong when he ordered all the genocide, rape and pillaging?

How about slavery...

The problem with the "OT doesn't apply any more" argument is that you
    still claim to believe and worship the same god...

If it can be that evil and screw up that badly... My question is why do
    you worship this god?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:59
    whereas your religion is just made up! ping! ping!

If i see you in the street ill buy you a turnip or whatever it is the Zippys eat.
    all religion is made up. spirituality is subjective, one experiences the divine on one's own.

i believe in the teachings of jesus. the important ones. not the ones that paul made up so he could get romans to join his club.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 23:032 edits
    all religion is made up. spirituality is subjective, one experiences the divine on one's own.

i believe in the teachings of jesus. the important ones. not the ones that paul made up so he could get romans to join his club.
    You dont believe in anything that contradicts your own perspective. You are the epitome of a spiritual buffet king, you accept those elements which fits in with your own perspective and reject those which don't depending on the shifting sands of social convention and secular liberalism.

Strange that Jesus makes reference to Jonah, the flood and many other teachings you reject but I guess they are not important, its all fluff and clouds and candy floss as far as you are concerned.

Spew!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 00:26
    Originally posted by googlefudge

And this, right here, is a demonstration of why faith [particularly religious faith] is so dangerous
    and bad.

You can justify anything with it, including in this case murdering your own children.

What kind of insane and psychotic god did this guy ...[text shortened]... ????

Seriously, your religion holds out a 'carrot' that no sane person would ever choose.
    Said the person with ZERO faith.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 00:291 edit
    when cain slew abel, god got incredibly mad. he punished cain harshly. taking that into account, he asked abe to murder his son to see if abe was able to think for himself. to understand right from wrong. to understand how each life is precious, that nobody has any right to take one, not even god. one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill (most lik ...[text shortened]... god supposedly demands murders is where the text of the bible is lying.

abe failed his test.
    Lying. Really?

So tell me then. Just how does a cherry-picker like you pick just what to believe in the Bible in order to be a Christian?

EDIT: Ok, I didn't see your later post when I wrote this. So, you are saying the OT is basically bull**** but the NT is real? Is that right?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 00:32
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    All believers make up their own religion.

Some will be closer to a literal reading of a particular holy book [or books]
    than others, but they will all still be interpreted and filtered by the individual believer.

Because religion has no rational, empirical, logically sound, objective basis; and
    is instead based on blind faith this is pretty muc ...[text shortened]...
    It's not so fine when it lends cover and justification to people who are less warm and fluffy.
    A volcano? In the middle of the Sinai?

Cool, and you think we're the whack jobs.

Could you just go back to your corner and let the adults hash out our beliefs, please?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 00:381 edit

Um, okay then, so it's only half of the NT that is real?

Not even that. Just the Gospels? And maybe some of the letters not written by Paul? Really?

EDIT: okay, after some thought, I guess it's cool that I have finally found a Christian more liberal than me. But come on...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree