1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 08:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Surely any decent god (ie omnipotent with a sense of humour) would have dogs falling out of the sky and birds losing their barks?

OMG

Birds [b]have
    lost their barks.
    Truly we are in the last days.[/b]
    i think a decent god would be really subtle as not to alarm people too much. he could say 'the end days are nigh!!!! when maureen in melton mowbray cooks a shepherds pie on a tuesday and behold frank from hemel hemsteads prize winning veggy garden will be struck down by a plague of snails!!!!'

the big question is - why would god bother having all these weird signs anyway, why not just get straight onto the main event.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is clear that some portions of the Holy Bible are not to be taken literally and need divine interpretation.
    You've gone quiet on this Ron!
    😲
    Allaluya
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:25
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    How do you decide which parts are which?
    Lol. We've all been trying to figure that one out. The Bible says God is "one god" but he decides to not take that one literal as it doesn't fit the trinity. So that scripture doesn't count in his eyes and he would probably like it to be removed.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 06:022 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. We've all been trying to figure that one out. The Bible says God is "one god" but he decides to not take that one literal as it doesn't fit the trinity. So that scripture doesn't count in his eyes and he would probably like it to be removed.
    Where is this scripture you claim I do not take literally and would probably want removed? This sounds more like something that the Watchtower would probably like to do, especially those verses referring to the Holy Spirit as God and the Son as God in the flesh and the Father as God all together as One Lord in One Name. I do not wish any of the verses removed, because altogether they support the idea of a Triune God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 06:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You've gone quiet on this Ron!
    😲
    Allaluya
    Why should I waste time providing you with spiritual knowledge when you just mock me?
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 07:27
    Why should I waste time providing you with spiritual knowledge when you just mock me?
    You are mocked because you are an ignoramus and a fool.

Your spiritual knowledge is like a pissup in a trailer park, lacking instrinsic cultural value.

The best way you could serve any religion you profess to believe in is by shutting up and letting those who can actually use the english language post.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 07:50
    I'm afraid you have brought the mocking upon yourself. You've made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

Do you have an answer to the question? How do you decide which parts of the Bible are literal and which are not?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 08:40
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm afraid you have brought the mocking upon yourself. You've made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

Do you have an answer to the question? How do you decide which parts of the Bible are literal and which are not?
    I use my intelligence to decide.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 08:54
    I use my intelligence to decide.
    Earlier in the thread you claimed 'divine interpretation' was needed.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 09:52
    Earlier in the thread you claimed 'divine interpretation' was needed.
    I was answering the following question:

How do you decide which parts of the Bible are literal and which are not?

One needs intelligence for interpretation of prophecies also, however, it is too difficult to come up with the accurate interpretations without help from the source, which is God.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 10:53
    I was answering the following question:

How do you decide which parts of the Bible are literal and which are not?

One needs intelligence for interpretation of prophecies also, however, it is too difficult to come up with the accurate interpretations without help from the source, which is God.
    So intelligence is needed to ascertain which scriptures are to be taken literally and which are not, but then 'divine interpretation' is needed to decipher the scriptures which are not to be taken literally.

Is that correct?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 12:00
    So intelligence is needed to ascertain which scriptures are to be taken literally and which are not, but then 'divine interpretation' is needed to decipher the scriptures which are not to be taken literally.

Is that correct?
    I don't know if decipher is the correct word. But the apostle Peter wrote the following:

...knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

(2 Peter 1:20-21 NKJV)
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 12:03
    I don't know if decipher is the correct word. But the apostle Peter wrote the following:

...knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

(2 Peter 1:20-21 NKJV)
    I'm not interested in what Peter said, i'm interested in what you have said on this thread.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 12:42
    I'm not interested in what Peter said, i'm interested in what you have said on this thread.
    I doubt if you are at all interested in what I have to say.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 13:05
    I doubt if you are at all interested in what I have to say.
    This time i am.

Are you going to answer the question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree