1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 23:101 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Last days? No, I don't think so. These are the Days of The Internet.
    Beside radio and television, the internet is another way that the gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations before the end comes.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 02:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and ..."

(Matthew 24:3-14 NKJV)[/b]
    and what exactly does that mean?

stars falling from heaven = stars dropping to Earth?

just one star would destroy us all ... pretty poor warning if you ask me!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 02:47
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    and what exactly does that mean?

stars falling from heaven = stars dropping to Earth?

just one star would destroy us all ... pretty poor warning if you ask me!
    I was pointing out that dogs and birds falling from the sky was not mentioned in the prediction by Jesus. I will leave it to your interpretation as to what "stars falling from heaven" means to you. 😏
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 22:12
    Originally posted by menace71
    I was looking at Matthew 24 I realize there is a fixation with religious folks. Jesus actually says not to fear these things . However birds falling out of the sky seems odd.
    If a bird dies (which they sometimes do) while in flight (which they also sometimes do) then gravity will make him fall from the sky. When dead, his wings no longer work as well as they did for him, and he subsequently drops his poor dead bird ass from the sky and lands wherever he was flying above at the time.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 22:14
    I was pointing out that dogs and birds falling from the sky was not mentioned in the prediction by Jesus. I will leave it to your interpretation as to what "stars falling from heaven" means to you. 😏
    Stars falling from heaven is likely reference to shooting stars, some of which can appear to fall to the eye.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 01:04
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Stars falling from heaven is likely reference to shooting stars, some of which can appear to fall to the eye.
    It is possible you are correct, but stars have been associated with heavenly beings that rejoiced and sang at the creation of the Earth in Job.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 06:03
    I will leave it to your interpretation as to what "stars falling from heaven" means to you. 😏
    Its clearly a misspelling and he meant 'starlings'.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 06:15
    But you have repeatedly said that the bible is literal and not open to interpretation.

Its your quote ... just what are you expecting when stars fall from the heavens?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 09:07
    But you have repeatedly said that the bible is literal and [b]not open to interpretation.

Its your quote ... just what are you expecting when stars fall from the heavens?[/b]
    It is clear that some portions of the Holy Bible are not to be taken literally and need divine interpretation. But most of the Holy Bible can and should be taken literally. Difficult and seemingly contradictory information need more than just an individual interpretation because we could come out with a hundred different variations of the meaning of verses. An example of this is the JWs believe the "to abstain from blood" means "no blood transfusions" when the majority of the Christian churches believe that only applies to eating or drinking of blood sacrificed to idols of false gods. Then there is the interpretation of the Trinity doctrine that was defined by a council of Bishops from all the Christian Churches before the split. It is not for us to privately interpret such things without divine revelation.

This statement about the stars falling from heaven could refer the literal falling of stars that are like our sun, or to the appearence of stars falling, like shooting stars, or to heavenly beings or heavenly hosts falling to Earth, literally or figuratively, because this is a prophecy that needs divine interpretation, if it is to be correctly understood before the fulfillment.

Heavenly beings have been referred to as "morning stars" or heavenly hosts. For example: Isaiah seems to be speaking of the same incident as Mark 13:25, Matthew 24:29 and Revelation 6:13 when he says the following:

All the host of heaven shall be dissolved,
    And the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll;
    All their host shall fall down
    As the leaf falls from the vine,
    And as fruit falling from a fig tree.

(Isaiah 34: 4 NKJV)
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 08:35
    It is clear that some portions of the Holy Bible are not to be taken literally and need divine interpretation. But most of the Holy Bible can and should be taken literally. Difficult and seemingly contradictory information need more than just an individual interpretation because we could come out with a hundred different variations of the meaning of verses ...[text shortened]... he leaf falls from the vine,
    And as fruit falling from a fig tree.

(Isaiah 34: 4 NKJV)
    How do you decide which parts are which?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 09:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 20:43
    It is clear that some portions of the Holy Bible are not to be taken literally and need divine interpretation.
    Clear to whom?
    Which parts are not literal?
    And who does the divine interpretation?

Looks like you are starting up your own church again Ron.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 02:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What about all the other things you mention in your OP? Do you have any reason to believe that any of them have increased in frequency? Or did you mention them because of the birds?
    it just seems as if a lot of these phenomena are bizarre and maybe there just being reported more. Jesus did say that his followers should not fear these things as they are common and just the beginnings of events

Manny
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 03:00
    Clear to whom?
    Which parts are not literal?
    And who does the divine interpretation?

Looks like you are starting up your own church again Ron.
    "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." -- James 1:5, KJV
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 03:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." -- James 1:5, KJV
    Oh so your god is prepared to prove it's existence.

If you ask it for stuff it gives to to you...

Just pray and things you want happen...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree