last days?

last days?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infidel

Moves
27 Nov 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you able to define "near" in your scenario of end times.
I've heard rumours of about 100 years.

Exciting times indeed.

Moves
27 Nov 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I've heard rumours of about 100 years.

Exciting times indeed.
I was waiting for you to chip in with that 😵

r

Moves
27 Nov 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
No one knows the day or hour, but we can determine when the time is growing near.
True. Jesus used the illustration of the fig tree to show we would know the season when things would be ripe.
It sure looks ripe out there now.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
True. Jesus used the illustration of the fig tree to show we would know the season when things would be ripe.
Didn't it also look ripe during world war 2, or indeed the battle of Hastings?

Cape Town

Moves
27 Nov 15

I wouldn't let you near my fig farm. You clearly have great difficulty determining when the fruit is ripe.

What would you say lead you to think it looks ripe out there now? What 'signs' do you see?

r

Moves
28 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I wouldn't let you near my fig farm. You clearly have great difficulty determining when the fruit is ripe.

What would you say lead you to think it looks ripe out there now? What 'signs' do you see?
To Ghost also:

Right now a certain government leader is gathering the leaders of at leaset 65 other governments together because they want "peace and security" and are willing to kill to get it.
We do not know if they will get what they want but, if they do, won't there possibly be a declaration of peace and security.

In harmony with this gathering process notice that the jihadists are gathering the Nations against themselves for the battle of Armageddon thinking they will win and rule the world.
In either case notice: (Revelation 16:14) They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Could the gathering going on lead to that?
We have never had this situation on Earth before!

We will see before 2000 years or even 100 years.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15

Right now a certain government leader is gathering the leaders of at leaset 65 other governments together because they want "peace and security" and are willing to kill to get it. We do not know if they will get what they want but, if they do, won't there possibly be a declaration of peace and security. In harmony with this gathering process notice that the jihadists are gathering the Nations against themselves for the battle of Armageddon thinking they will win and rule the world.

So on one hand, you say "Why would we want to get involved in any way with governments of this world? We are Christians and Jesus said his Kingdom is not of this world." And then on the other hand, just a few posts later, you seem to be casting yourself as an expert on world events and how they compare to political events around the world down through history. Which is it to be? I accept that you know your bible very well, but what credibility are you claiming you have as a political and historical analyst?

r

Moves
28 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]Right now a certain government leader is gathering the leaders of at leaset 65 other governments together because they want "peace and security" and are willing to kill to get it. We do not know if they will get what they want but, if they do, won't there possibly be a declaration of peace and security. In harmony with this gathering process notice that the j ...[text shortened]... very well, but what credibility are you claiming you have as a political and historical analyst?
Sorry if that post gave the wrong impression.
I am no expert on worldly affairs but I do watch the news on occasion.
I have no doubt that most people would agree that we live in peculiar and perilous times that are different from any other times.
That is the sign Jesus referred to.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15
1 edit

I have no doubt that most people would agree that we live in peculiar and perilous times that are different from any other times.
Why? By most significant measures ~ for the largest proportion of humanity ever ~ things are far better than they were in the past, and getting better. You getting upset watching telly and then going online and telling people you want the world to end as soon as possible ~ and throwing in an ad populum fallacy for good measure ~ does not alter the actual state of the world.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15

Sorry if that post gave the wrong impression.
So just to be clear:

You are NOT casting yourself as any kind of expert on world events and how they compare to political events around the world down through history, right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Didn't it also look ripe during world war 2, or indeed the battle of Hastings?
There was no return of the state of Israel until after WW2. There is still no Jewish temple either.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Nov 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
There was no return of the state of Israel until after WW2. There is still no Jewish temple either.
And no AntiChrist. Yet.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 15

We have never had this situation on Earth before!
Yes we most definitely have. Do some history courses before making sweeping declarations about the past.

We will see before 2000 years or even 100 years.
Yep, its always easiest to make sure your prophesies will occur after you die. That way nobody can question you.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 15
1 edit

It is time to start doubting it. Most people disagree - especially those that actually know something about it.

Seriously now, read an account of the plague (there are a number of accounts of events in different places at different times over the centuries). Imagine all your political leaders fleeing in terror. Then half the population dies in agony from a mysterious and dehumanizing disease. Those still living go around trying to lay the blame on someone and kill all members of a minority group (all 800,000 of them). There are so many bodies that there are not enough healthy living people to bury them, so they are lying in houses and in the streets.

Tell me again about 'perilous times' you spoilt first world brat who just sits in front of a TV cringing at the idea that some political leader has called for a peace conference.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Nov 15

Every time throughout history is peculiar to that time isn't it?
As for perilous - look at history. Wars, wars and pestilence.
We all live longer.
We enjoy life.
In fact THE EXACT OPPOSITE TO WHAT YOU PROPOSE