1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is time to start doubting it. Most people disagree - especially those that actually know something about it.

Seriously now, read an account of the plague (there are a number of accounts of events in different places at different times over the centuries). Imagine all your political leaders fleeing in terror. Then half the population dies in agony fr ...[text shortened]... front of a TV cringing at the idea that some political leader has called for a peace conference.
    Wow. Just wow. Yeah, we get it. You hate people who believe in God.

(And at first, I thought maybe 'hate' is a bit strong, but no, in your case, I don't think it is. )
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And no AntiChrist. Yet.
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

(1 John 2:22 NASB)
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

(1 John 2:22 NASB)
    Don't be difficult, Ron. I'm talking about the Beast of Revelation.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 10:48
    Wow. Just wow. Yeah, we get it. You hate people who believe in God.

(And at first, I thought maybe 'hate' is a bit strong, but no, in your case, I don't think it is. )
    And you hate people who you think hate people who believe in god!

Personally I hate people who hate people
    who they think hate people who believe in god.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 14:45
    Originally posted by roigam
    How and when do you think this will be fulfilled?
    (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instant ...[text shortened]... a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Does this relate to the days we live in?
    As you know, the apostles thought the end was coming in their lifetime. So when God is saying soon, that is God's time, not ours. To think that we can predict the end would be silly. Of course, if someone was to say, every day of their lives, and their sons and daughters carried the tradition on and on, eventually they would be right. Isn't it better not to worry about tomarrow, but to live everyday the best you can. Even scripture states; No one Knows the Day!!!
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 14:462 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And you hate people who you think hate people who believe in god!

Personally I hate people who hate people
    who they think hate people who believe in god.
    LOL nice post wolfgang. Seriously!!!

I have to tell my brother that one, he's Pagan.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:03
    Originally posted by Pudgenik

...better not to worry about tomarrow, but to live everyday the best you can. Even scripture states; No one Knows the Day!!!
    I never worry about 'marrows'. It's the aubergines that keep me awake at night.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:10
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I never worry about 'marrows'. It's the aubergines that keep me awake at night.
    LOL good one
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:491 edit
    How and when do you think this will be fulfilled?
    (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instant ...[text shortened]... a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Does this relate to the days we live in?
    Yup, it's the last days. Now I have some good news and bad news for you:

Bad news
    The apocalypse is coming, and when you have been wiped out here on earth, you will need to pay St Peter at the pearly gates the price of 3 magic beans if you want admittance into heaven

Good news
    I have 3 magic beans for sale
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 16:05
    I have no doubt that most people would agree that we live in peculiar and perilous times that are different from any other times.
    Then you would be wrong. Most people will not agree that.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 22:27
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    As you know, the apostles thought the end was coming in their lifetime. So when God is saying soon, that is God's time, not ours. To think that we can predict the end would be silly. Of course, if someone was to say, every day of their lives, and their sons and daughters carried the tradition on and on, eventually they would be right. Isn't it better not to ...[text shortened]... tomarrow, but to live everyday the best you can. Even scripture states; No one Knows the Day!!!
    And it is also possible that it has only been 2 days to God. Perhaps three times is the charm. 😏
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 22:54
    Christians: What significance, if any, do you put on the huge population on Earth at the moment?

To me this seems the only difference between "turbulent times" of the past and now.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 23:131 edit
    Don't be difficult, Ron. I'm talking about the Beast of Revelation.
    Islam and the Muslims deny the Father and the Son. Therefore, I judge Islam to be an Antichrist religion. Now do you see the relation of Islam and the Beast of Revelation?

The Caliphate and the Islamic Mark of the Beast - Armageddon News

YouTube
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 10:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Islam and the Muslims deny the Father and the Son. Therefore, I judge Islam to be an Antichrist religion. Now do you see the relation of Islam and the Beast of Revelation?

The Caliphate and the Islamic Mark of the Beast - Armageddon News

[youtube]riL_HSVzGlc[/youtube]
    No, I don't.

When the AntiChrist, the Beast, rises to power, he will kill every Muslim that refuses to worship him, just as he will kill every Christian that refuses to worship him.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 19:594 edits
    No, I don't.

When the AntiChrist, the Beast, rises to power, he will kill every Muslim that refuses to worship him, just as he will kill every Christian that refuses to worship him.
    How many Christian do you think would refuse to bow their knees and worship Christ when He returns? So I doubt that many Muslims will refuse to do the same for their Mahdi.

The Mahdi: Islam’s Awaited Messiah

Among the Major Signs, the most anticipated and central sign that Muslims are awaiting is the coming of a man known as, “The Mahdi.” In Arabic, al-Mahdi means, “The Guided One”. He is also sometimes referred to by Shi’a Muslims as Sahib Al-Zaman or Al-Mahdi al-Muntadhar which translated mean “The Lord of the Age” and “The Guided/Awaited One.”

The coming of the Mahdi is established doctrine for both Sunni and Shi’a Muslims, and indeed for all humanity. The Mahdi is believed to be a future Muslim world leader who will not only rule over the Islamic world, but also the non-Muslim world as well.

Throughout the Islamic world today there is a call for the restoration of the Islamic Caliphate. The Caliph (Khalifa) in Islam may be viewed somewhat as the Pope of the Muslims. The Caliph is viewed as the Vice-regent for Allah on the earth. It is important to understand that when Muslims call for the restoration of the Caliphate, it is ultimately the Mahdi that they are calling for. For the Mahdi is the awaited final Caliph of Islam. As such, Muslims everywhere will be obligated to follow the Mahdi.

The Mahdi’s ascendancy to power is said to be preceded by an army from the east who will be carrying black flags or banners of war. Sheikh Kabbani states:

Hadith indicate that black flags coming from the area of Khorasan will signify the appearance of the Mahdi is nigh. Khorasan is in todays Iran, and some scholars have said that this hadith means when the black flags appear from Central Asia, i.e. in the direction of Khorasan, then the appearance of the Mahdi is imminent.

Islamic tradition pictures the Mahdi as joining with the army of Muslim warriors carrying black flags. The Mahdi will then lead this army to Israel and re-conquer it for Islam. The Jews will be slaughtered until very few remain and Jerusalem will become the location of the Mahdi’s rule over the Earth.

The Mahdi is believed to ride on a white horse. Whether or not this is symbolic or literal is hard to say. Quite interestingly, this tradition is based on the Muslim interpretation of Christian Scriptures. Despite the fact that Muslims view the Bible as having been changed and corrupted by Jews and Christians, they still claim to believe that some portions of the “original” inspired books are still to be found within the “corrupted” Bible.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch04_the_mahdi.htm

Black Flags Of Jihad Explained By the Islam Apologists

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree