1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 00:34
    Originally posted by roigam
    I long for that end to come so that all the violence and suffering and especially the reproaching of Jehovah's Holy Name will cease...
    As you wait for "the end" that you long for, are you willing to describe what concrete actions you are taking in the meantime (in your everyday life, and aside from meditation or prayer) that constitute attempts to do something about "all the violence and suffering"?
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 00:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    As you wait for "the end" that you long for, are you willing to describe what concrete actions you are taking in the meantime (in your everyday life, and aside from meditation or prayer) that constitute attempts to do something about "all the violence and suffering"?
    One reason we don't have peace is because we have lost our peace with God due to Adam's choice to not obey Him.
    I personally am seeking to make peace with God especially by following personaly the precept at:
    (Isaiah 2:4) He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
    We need to show God we want peace by being peaceful with our mate, our neighbor, our work/school mate, etc.
    If all people did this we wouldn't have violence and suffering would be reduced.
    Years ago some would say, "What if they gave a war and nobody came?"
    It didn't catch on. Probably because of $$$.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 02:361 edit
    If all people did this we wouldn't have violence and suffering would be reduced.
    Mankind's problems can ~ and have been ~ tackled by concrete communal action.

Mortality rates have been improved. Diseases have been successfully fought, eradicated or managed. Health indicators across the board have been improved and these improvements felt by more people than at any previous time in human history.

Access to education has been spread to more people than ever before. More people have access to gradually improving justice systems. Oppression of women and other marginalized groups is slowly being rolled back. Human rights ~ both in practice and as recognized goals ~ have been advanced. Tyrannical political systems have been overthrown and replaced by imperfect but far better systems. Damaging and dangerous behaviours have been identified and tackled.

There is plenty of reason for optimism and proactive steps as an alternative to simply 'longing for the end of the world to come' ... a time when only the relatively tiny number of people who happen to be members of your religious organisation will supposedly be "saved" (or so the JW corporation has claimed in its publications).

Has your Christian love for your fellow humans tempted you to involve yourself in any concrete way in collective and personal political action to tackle injustice, threats to health, a lack of education, a lack of political freedom, along with violence and suffering, where these things continue to blight the lives of people?

Does your religious creed demand of you that you are passive, that you act as if you are unable to act, and behave as if you are politically impotent and, furthermore, assume that everyone else is too, when evidence of dedication, struggle and progress is all around you?.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 03:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And no AntiChrist. Yet.
    There is Justin Bieber.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 07:471 edit
    If you say I am your enemy, I will pray for you.
    I do not say you are my enemy. I say you are lying. I also say that you have described such behaviour as 'participating in Satan's distractions'.
    I have also not said that you made mistakes. I said you are lying, ie you have said things that you know to be untrue in order to promote your beliefs that the last days are near.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 20:22
    One reason we don't have peace is because we have lost our peace with God due to Adam's choice to not obey Him.
    I personally am seeking to make peace with God especially by following personaly the precept at:
    (Isaiah 2:4) He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares A ...[text shortened]... ld say, "What if they gave a war and nobody came?"
    It didn't catch on. Probably because of $$$.
    Isaiah 2:4 is talking about Jesus.

Isaiah 9:7
    Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

The LORD Almighty is Jesus.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 20:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Isaiah 2:4 is talking about Jesus.

Isaiah 9:7
    Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

The LORD Almighty is Jesus.
    2000 years and counting. Not today. Not yesterday, at no time in the past 2000 years. You would think people would smell something funny going on but NOOOO, they just blindly believe the lie anyway. The biggest scam in human history goes on and on and on and on.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 21:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    2000 years and counting. Not today. Not yesterday, at no time in the past 2000 years. You would think people would smell something funny going on but NOOOO, they just blindly believe the lie anyway. The biggest scam in human history goes on and on and on and on.
    It will come to an end in time. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 12:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It will come to an end in time. 😏
    Sure, when the sun runs out of hydrogen a couple billion years from now and it bloats up to a radius of 100 million miles which puts Earth inside the sun, won't be much left after the big bloat phase of our sun when it settles down to a serene life as a red dwarf like all the other sun like stars on the main sequence. Of course there won't be people around but that is another story.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 21:011 edit
    Sure, when the sun runs out of hydrogen a couple billion years from now and it bloats up to a radius of 100 million miles which puts Earth inside the sun, won't be much left after the big bloat phase of our sun when it settles down to a serene life as a red dwarf like all the other sun like stars on the main sequence. Of course there won't be people around but that is another story.
    Matthew 24:35
    Jesus said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Matthew 25:31
    Jesus said, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Mark 8:38
    Jesus said, "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

2 Peter 3:7-10
    The Apostle Peter said, "But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Revelation 21
    Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 01:52
    I want to thank you all very much for honestly revealing what you believe.
    (Malachi 3:16) At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name.
    I have tried to speak honestly with all of you too.

May the truth be advanced.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 01:52
    I want to thank you all very much for honestly revealing what you believe.
    (Malachi 3:16) At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name.
    I have tried to speak honestly with all of you too.

May the truth be advanced.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 15:11
    To Ghost also:

Right now a certain government leader is gathering the leaders of at leaset 65 other governments together because they want "peace and security" and are willing to kill to get it.
    We do not know if they will get what they want but, if they do, won't there possibly be a declaration of peace and security.

In harmony with this gathering p ...[text shortened]... ve never had this situation on Earth before!

We will see before 2000 years or even 100 years.
    Suppose it is 2000 years from now and we as a race have colonies on planets around other stars, we could have some say, 1000 light years away from us in any direction which includes millions of stars, and if we are living, like millions of people, on say, 10 or 20 planets, would you think it would end for them also? And with that in mind, suppose we find in our future star travels, a living civilization on a planet going around a star say 300 light years from Earth, will they also be in this end day thing? And suppose there are say 10 civilizations per galaxy and we know already there are literally billions of galaxies, even if there is only one intelligent civilizations per galaxy then there would be literally billions of separate life forms with civilizations, will they all be doomed the same as Earthers are?
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 19:09
    Suppose it is 2000 years from now and we as a race have colonies on planets around other stars, we could have some say, 1000 light years away from us in any direction which includes millions of stars, and if we are living, like millions of people, on say, 10 or 20 planets, would you think it would end for them also? And with that in mind, suppose we find in ...[text shortened]... ons of separate life forms with civilizations, will they all be doomed the same as Earthers are?
    Why would God let this rebellion on Earth go out to any other planets?
    He will solve this dilemma here on Earth first.
    Then it may be humanity will spread out into the Universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree