1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 21:33
    Originally posted by bbarr
    The question I'm asking above is simple. First, Theists often claim that God is non-physical. What they mean by this is that God is comprised of a non-physical substance (not merely that he is, say, a non-physical property of the physical world). That is, most theists are substance dualists. So, the question is whether something that is comprised of a non- ...[text shortened]... ause you don't understand a question doesn't mean it is an attempt at obfuscation.

Cheers!
    I have a few queries.
    1. If this God is outside space (whatever that might mean) how is he present? (I hope no thesist give me answer like 'he is present through our faith and devotion to him'. If someone says that I think i'll buy a gun. But not to shoot myself 😀).
    2) What does it mean for a God to be causally linked with space? How does a non- physical substance interact with a physical substance?

I suppose the answer really depends on ones faith.
    I can never be certain that any reality is true and hence, I find the question of God's existence meaningless. It just seems to me that any extrapolation of God's ability (i.e. to change the laws of nature) is absurd.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 22:36
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I have a few queries.
    1. If this God is outside space (whatever that might mean) how is he present? (I hope no thesist give me answer like 'he is present through our faith and devotion to him'. If someone says that I think i'll buy a gun. But not to shoot myself 😀).
    2) What does it mean for a God to be causally linked with space? How does a non- physic ...[text shortened]... o me that any extrapolation of God's ability (i.e. to change the laws of nature) is absurd.
    For one, He can take on the form. For two, He can dip His finger in the water.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree