1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if you think religion is to blame in the case of bush invading irak then you really are missing a lot of your marbles.

is it the law to blame when a psycho rapes and murders 10 women? is it religion? are the parents to blame because they didn't love the psycho enough? are the mudered women to blame?

or is it the psycho?

so you claim by your wacko ...[text shortened]... d murder, jesus is to blame. what happens when an atheist does the above? who is to blame then?
    Why is the reason he continued with it for so long? It is because he has faith that GOD will make a good outcome for the American people. GOD is to blame and is the reason why people like that persist in such foolishess for so long.

You see the difference between the examples you gave and Bush's life is he thinks he is doing GODS will while a psycho who murders ands rapes 10 people will not.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 22:36
    No flood, No Creation, No Adam and Eve and golden yummy apples and No errection of Jesus Christ.
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 22:36
    Originally posted by WWindmill
    It isnt in the atmosphere which holds 1,000th of a percent all known water and would cover the earth to a depth of about 1 inch. It isnt in the polar ice-caps, permanent snow and glaciers which hold 1.7% of all water.. therefore giving a depth of 1700 inches or 43 meter depth. Where did the water go!?
    There is water in plants.
    There is water in the air(not including clouds).
    There is water under the ground.
    There is water in animals.
    There is water even in you and I.

I do not believe that any human or group of humans can ever calculate how much water is truly here on earth.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 22:48
    Originally posted by pritybetta

I do not believe that any human or group of humans can ever calculate how much water is truly here on earth.
    And why dont you believe people can calculate these things. Is it because it doesnt fit in with your logic from some fictional book.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if you think religion is to blame in the case of bush invading irak then you really are missing a lot of your marbles.

is it the law to blame when a psycho rapes and murders 10 women? is it religion? are the parents to blame because they didn't love the psycho enough? are the mudered women to blame?

or is it the psycho?

so you claim by your wacko ...[text shortened]... d murder, jesus is to blame. what happens when an atheist does the above? who is to blame then?
    My claim is that a person who believes in Jesus AND FAILS is then a danger to society because they will take extraordinary lengths to achieve that figment in their head of what GOD'S love should be for the people they are in charge. They will persist even when all around them tells them they are wrong because of their faith. The same can also be said for Muslims who in their faith will actually take their own lives to achieve the greater purpose of Allah.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 23:22

Just curious. I wonder how many children who would be very talented in science never make it because of their brain-washing in some fictional book.
  7. SEMO
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 23:343 edits
    It isnt in the atmosphere which holds 1,000th of a percent all known water and would cover the earth to a depth of about 1 inch. It isnt in the polar ice-caps, permanent snow and glaciers which hold 1.7% of all water.. therefore giving a depth of 1700 inches or 43 meter depth. Where did the water go!?
    Sorry, I couldn't find my post before.😵
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 23:37
    Just curious. I wonder how many children who would be very talented in science never make it because of their brain-washing in some fictional book.
    I did not say science was wrong, in fact I think science is very intresting. I just don't think that they should be teaching what is not proven in the schools. They should not be teaching theories as truth when they are infact just assumptions that have not been proven.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 23:42
    I did not say science was wrong, in fact I think science is very intresting. I just don't think that they should be teaching what is not proven in the schools. They should not be teaching theories as truth when they are infact just assumptions that have not been proven.
    Well shouldnt the same go for the Noah's Ark myth when there is nothing at all to support it? No evidence, not enough water.. just an absurd story of some 2000 year-old book which does nothing through-out its pages but exhagerate truth to make people feel they are special and can partake in super-powers.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 23:441 edit
    Scientific theories are NOT assumptions. If you think they are then you need to learn more about science.

Scientific theories are called as such because they have been proven as much as anything can be within science.

Scientific theories are not just things scientists come up with. They have to have evidence backing them up in order to achieve that status.

They are not what most people use colloquially as theories - which scientifically are closer to hypotheses.
  11. SEMO
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 00:10
    There must be something wrong with this thread. Every time I go to check it out I only get up to WWindmill's post on where did the water go. can someone please help, maybe PM me to let me know something. I may not be able to see it here. All the other threads are working fine for me so I figure it is just this one.
  12. SEMO
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 00:14
    Well shouldnt the same go for the Noah's Ark myth when there is nothing at all to support it? No evidence, not enough water.. just an absurd story of some 2000 year-old book which does nothing through-out its pages but exhagerate truth to make people feel they are special and can partake in super-powers.
    I am only able to post because after I post once I can see the others.

I never said that Noah's Ark should be taught in the schools either. If theories were to be taught in school then that is what they should be taught as, just theories.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 00:18
    I am only able to post because after I post once I can see the others.

I never said that Noah's Ark should be taught in the schools either. If theories were to be taught in school then that is what they should be taught as, just theories.
    Click the little yellow arrow or change the number in your searchbar dear.
  14. SEMO
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 00:18
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Scientific theories are NOT assumptions. If you think they are then you need to learn more about science.

Scientific theories are called as such because they have been proven as much as anything can be within science.

Scientific theories are not just things scientists come up with. They have to have evidence backing them up in order to achieve that ...[text shortened]... t what most people use colloquially as theories - which scientifically are closer to hypotheses.
    Some assumptions are brought about by other things that have been proven, same as theories. They are only what man has made as a conclution without total proof, a guess.

the·o·ry: [thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] –noun, plural -ries.
    1. a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
    2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
    3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
    4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
    5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.
    6. contemplation or speculation.
    7. guess or conjecture.
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 00:20
    Click the little yellow arrow or change the number in your searchbar dear.
    Thank you WWindmill. I think that is what was wrong...😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree