1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 16:33
    Let's pretend that none of us have previous experience, indoctrination or other spiritual bias. Let's pretend that while contemplating our world and infinity that we are driven to explore the nature of spirituality, God and the universe first hand.

What experiments could we conduct to determine that God exists? What would our first steps towards defining spirituality entail? How would we define Good & Evil?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 16:43
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Let's pretend that none of us have previous experience, indoctrination or other spiritual bias. Let's pretend that while contemplating our world and infinity that we are driven to explore the nature of spirituality, God and the universe first hand.

What experiments could we conduct to determine that God exists? What would our first steps towards defining spirituality entail? How would we define Good & Evil?
    😴
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 16:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    😴
    My first step would be to kick Phlabibit right in the balls.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 17:04
    Pain and pleasure. Sounds about right for the start.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 17:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    😴
    Very good, my little butterfly!
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 17:33
    At that point it would become evident whether he were a god or not.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 18:11
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    At that point it would become evident whether he were a god or not.
    So the basic criteria for determining if a person is divine is whether or not they can take a shot to the nuts? This would further support the concept that God is a woman.
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 18:18
    write a book about it 😛
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 18:51

The first thing I would reccomend would be to be still and calm and listen and invite God to illuminate us. Just giving him a chance to do something would be a start...but we would need to be still.....really still (and not give up after 5 minutes)
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 21:46

I doubt that the first step would be experimental in nature. The first step toward spirituality would be an inquiry. Experimentation could follow in logical progression once the inquiry established a theory, but the inquiry would be first. Kinda like in life, huh?
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 00:37

What experiments could we conduct to determine that God exists?
    none. if you COULD prove God's existance then it would have been done already, it is not possible. that is why there are people who dont believe in God.
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 15:44
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    none. if you COULD prove God's existance then it would have been done already, it is not possible. that is why there are people who dont believe in God.
    So, with no proof of God's existence, without external influences, we would never know or believe in God?
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 05:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I doubt that the first step would be experimental in nature. The first step toward spirituality would be an inquiry. Experimentation could follow in logical progression once the inquiry established a theory, but the inquiry would be first. Kinda like in life, huh?
    Hypothesis, not theory.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 23:07
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Hypothesis, not theory.
    Picky, picky.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 04:25
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    God is not looking for people to simply believe that he exists, rather, he is looking for people to place their faith in him. For example, Adam and Eve believed God existed but lost faith in him. The children of Israel saw God split the Red Sea and send manna down from heaven to eat but still lost faith in him and built a golden calf to worship instead. Therefore, God is not in the business of "proving" his existence. There is something deeper within us that he is looking to appeal to that does not require "proof". I would speculate that those who are not drawn to God because they need to first prove he exists would inevitably loose faith if God somehow "proved" himself to them in the first place. Proving to people that he existed I think would simply further cloud the issue of who are really his true followers and those who really place their faith in him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree