1. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 14:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What?????
    OT Law ... Lev 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

The OT and the Old Mosaic Law is where you JWs get many of your doctrines. Why dont you follow that particular one?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by gtbiking4life
    Jesus Christ came down to Earth and in the NT, had over written the laws in the OT when He gave the Sermon on the Mount. Leviticus is in the OT. Christians follow (or should follow) the teachings of Jesus Christ - not the laws in the OT. Just my thoughts on the subject.
    Yes, Christians SHOULD follow the teachings of Jesus, but on many things they choose to follow the teachings of others. Christians who are against homosexuals and homosexuality do NOT do so because of the teachings of Jesus.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:04
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Yes, Christians SHOULD follow the teachings of Jesus, but on many things they choose to follow the teachings of others. Christians who are against homosexuals and homosexuality do NOT do so because of the teachings of Jesus.
    Hmm... wonder why He didn't just create a couple of nice males in the garden, as

an object lesson, to make sure we all got the memo about what He had in mind.

4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hmm... wonder why He didn't just create a couple of nice males in the garden, as

I take it it's safe to say that you're one of the many Christians who choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I take it it's safe to say that you're one of the many Christians who choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus.
    The entire Canon of Scripture teaches us the mind of Christ... and He has elevated His word above His name (i.e., person).

His teaching ministry was a brief few years. His Word lives and abides forever for the express benefit of all generations.

6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:46
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    OT Law ... Lev 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: [b]neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

The OT and the Old Mosaic Law is where you JWs get many of your doctrines. Why dont you follow that particular one?[/b]
    The old laws such as this were done away with with the arrival of Jesus on the earth as he fullfield the law. But the laws such as Do Not Murder still stand. Right?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 16:52
    For those who are interested: http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050408a/article_01.htm
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 17:121 edit
    The entire Canon of Scripture teaches us the mind of Christ... and He has elevated His word above His name (i.e., person).

His teaching ministry was a brief few years. His Word lives and abides forever for the express benefit of all generations.

The entire Canon of Scripture teaches us the mind of Christ...
    Jesus didn't teach this either.

Like I said, "I take it it's safe to say that you're one of the many Christians who choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus."
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 17:511 edit

He (assuming he exists) did. You don't really think all of humanity came from a pair of individuals who lived without any kind of tribe or social structure do you?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 18:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He (assuming he exists) did. You don't really think all of humanity came from a pair of individuals who lived without any kind of tribe or social structure do you?
    You don't put much faith in God and his ability to make anything happen that he wants do you?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 20:13
    What?????
    Read again the original post, your post that I responded to, and my response to you, and it will become obvious.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 20:231 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Read again the original post, your post that I responded to, and my response to you, and it will become obvious.
    I did read it and it makes no sense. If your refering to the old Mosaic laws then these would apply to no one. What's your point?
    But in refrance to the Old Mosaic Laws and what Jesus brought in it's place:

What Jehovah Asks:
    During the final year of Jesus’ ministry, his apostles Peter, James, and John accompanied him to a high mountain, possibly a spur of Mount Hermon. There they saw a prophetic vision of Jesus in magnificent glory and heard God’s own voice declare: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.” (Matthew 17:1-5) Basically, that is what Jehovah is asking of us—to listen to his Son and follow his example and teachings. (Matthew 16:24) Thus, the apostle Peter wrote: “Christ suffered for you, leaving you a model for you to follow his steps closely.”—1 Peter 2:21.
    Why should we follow Jesus’ steps closely? Because by imitating him, we imitate Jehovah God. Jesus knew the Father intimately, having spent untold billions of years with him in heaven before coming to the earth. (Proverbs 8:22-31; John 8:23; 17:5; Colossians 1:15-17) While on earth, Jesus loyally represented his Father. He explained: “Just as the Father taught me I speak these things.” In fact, Jesus imitated Jehovah so exactly that he could say: “He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”—John 8:28; 14:9.
    What is involved in listening to Jesus and imitating him? Does it mean being under a law? Paul wrote: “I myself am not under law.” He was here referring to “the old covenant,” the Law covenant made with Israel. Paul did acknowledge that he was “under law toward Christ.” (1 Corinthians 9:20, 21; 2 Corinthians 3:14) With the end of the old Law covenant, a “new covenant” came into force with its “law of the Christ” that all servants of Jehovah today are obligated to obey.—Luke 22:20; Galatians 6:2; Hebrews 8:7-13.
    Jehovah did not have “the law of the Christ” put down in the form of a code, organizing it into various categories, as was done with the old Law covenant. This new law for Christ’s followers does not include an extensive list of dos and don’ts. In his Word, however, Jehovah did preserve four comprehensive accounts of the life and teachings of his Son. Moreover, God inspired some of Jesus’ early followers to provide written instructions regarding personal behavior, congregational affairs, conduct within the family, and other matters. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 14:26-35; Ephesians 5:21-33; Hebrews 10:24, 25) When we conform our lives to the example and teachings of Jesus Christ and heed the counsel of inspired first-century Bible writers, we are obeying “the law of the Christ.” Jehovah asks this of his servants today.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 20:541 edit
    I did read it and it makes no sense. If your refering to the old Mosaic laws then these would apply to no one. What's your point?
    But in refrance to the Old Mosaic Laws and what Jesus brought in it's place:

What Jehovah Asks:
    During the final year of Jesus’ ministry, his apostles Peter, James, and John ac ...[text shortened]... ible writers, we are obeying “the law of the Christ.” Jehovah asks this of his servants today.
    Whenever our friend Galve understands nothing, he tends to answer with a dumpload of quotes from the bible, as this would explain everything.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Whenever our friend Galve understands nothing, he tends to answer with a dumpload of quotes from the bible, as this would explain everything.
    Lol.. And what better sourse is there then the Bible? Some imperfect mans opinion on life in some book he's making money on? It seems you always attack when you don't understand what the Bible is saying and have no spiritual responce. Why is that?.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 21:53
    Lol.. And what better sourse is there then the Bible? Some imperfect mans opinion on life in some book he's making money on? It seems you always attack when you don't understand what the Bible is saying and have no spiritual responce. Why is that?.
    I don't attack, I just observe.

The topic on this thread is to show that one part of the bible in particular is big time false.
    (How many different type of fibres are there in your clothes,by the way? Lev 19:19)
    When you realize this, then you have learnt something.

Can you answer this posting without give me a dumpload of pasted&copied text from some anknown source that you haven't read yourself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree