1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:151 edit
    I'm getting more interested in Christianity, and giving it much much more credit then i used too. But homophobia in church really bugs me, i hate how in scotland the churches campaign against homosexuality. Its glorified school bullying, pathetic. I've read one of the bits in the bible that says homosexuality is wrong, and the bit two pages later where it tells you to sacrifice a pidgeon to get rid of mildew.

Why with all this jesus loves you business is the church so keen to pick on gay people, even gay kids as with brian suiters sick referendum. Yet in Lewes every year they hold a bonfire where they through fire works at a man dressed as the pope... its a feature. it happens every year and i never hear any christian complain about it. but picking on gay people seems to be fine.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:32
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I'm getting more interested in Christianity, and giving it much much more credit then i used too. But homophobia in church really bugs me, i hate how in scotland the churches campaign against homosexuality. Its glorified school bullying, pathetic. I've read one of the bits in the bible that says homosexuality is wrong, and the bit two pages later where it t ...[text shortened]... and i never hear any christian complain about it. but picking on gay people seems to be fine.
    Just be thankful you are not in a cult.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:34
    true
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:34
    true
    ...or a gay.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:40
    oh i am a gay thankyou
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 09:42
    oh i am a gay thankyou
    You don't say.
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 10:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You don't say.
    i am not arguing with you about the gay thing, 39,000 moves and a 950 rating, you clearly have a brass neck.

would you go to the lewes bonfire?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 11:02
    i am not arguing with you about the gay thing, 39,000 moves and a 950 rating, you clearly have a brass neck.

would you go to the lewes bonfire?
    In what way am I "arguing" with you? 😕

Why shouldn't I go to the Lewes bonfire?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 11:04
    39,000 moves and a 950 rating, you clearly have a brass neck.
    Oh dear, you're not going to cite chess ratings to support your debates here are you?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 11:35
    I'm getting more interested in Christianity, and giving it much much more credit then i used too. But homophobia in church really bugs me, i hate how in scotland the churches campaign against homosexuality. Its glorified school bullying, pathetic. I've read one of the bits in the bible that says homosexuality is wrong, and the bit two pages later where it t ...[text shortened]... and i never hear any christian complain about it. but picking on gay people seems to be fine.
    Haven't you ever heard Christians say, "We love the sinner, but hate the sin"? 😏
  11. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 11:37
    it just reflects a degree of stubbornness, quite admirable really.

I think the lewes bonfire is quite controversial, and tho i'm quite liberal i would happily ban it.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 15:14
    it just reflects a degree of stubbornness, quite admirable really.

I think the lewes bonfire is quite controversial, and tho i'm quite liberal i would happily ban it.
    Well then you are not in fact quite liberal, because banning the Lewis bonfire is not in any way shape or form a liberal act.
    It's decidedly illiberal in fact.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 15:15
    May I ask why you are giving Christianity much more credit and what you are giving it credit for?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well then you are not in fact quite liberal, because banning the Lewis bonfire is not in any way shape or form a liberal act.
    It's decidedly illiberal in fact.

Originally posted by googlefudge
    May I ask why you are giving Christianity much more credit and what you are giving it credit for?
    Leave the man alone GF.

He can decide his own fate.

Sound familiar?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 15:37
    I am quite liberal, as you say you are, and I have a problem with many mainstream Christian churches as well.

I am Episcopalian, and my church is more liberal than a lot of them I've been to. They have a lot more tolerance than most. My advice to you would be to seek out an Anglican church in your area. The Episcopalian Church in America is the American version of the Anglican Church in Great Britain.

Scan the web and direct an email to an Anglican priest near you. Describe your situation and ask for advice on a church to attend. Good luck!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree