Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
your posts are more a reflection of your lack of upbringing than they are of me, manners makes a man and civility costs nothing. I also draw your attention to the RHP forum posting guidelines,

Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse ...[text shortened]... onduct yourself without insulting others that you desist from abusing the forums in this way.
Ad hominem attacks certainly have their place, and it can be argued that RHP is the success it is because these are tolerated to the extent that certain types of posters can be identified.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 13
1 edit

But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
And again, a simple statement, although quoted by you, whizzes right over your head.

How in the world do you think these were "washed clean"?

It wasn't by turning them away from the door of the church, now was it?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 13
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
And again, a simple statement, although quoted by you, whizzes right over your head.

How in the world do you think these were "washed clean"?

It wasn't by turning them away from the door of the church, now was it?
i thought that would be elementary dear Watson, they repented and changed their course of life. I would appreciate it if you refrained from telling others how stupid they are, its neither mannerly nor very Christian. I suspect that you resort to such because of the weakness of your arguments once again proving the point that our posts are more a reflection of us than they are of those whom they are intended to insult.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Ad hominem attacks certainly have their place, and it can be argued that RHP is the success it is because these are tolerated to the extent that certain types of posters can be identified.
well you resort to them if you wish and let us that have content to our posts consider that.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
03 Feb 13

I see, how very interesting, i was always unaware of the distinction and I thank you for it, in fact, i prefer the term Hebrew myself although again I remain unaware of the distinction. Laphriog will leave you in no doubt my friend, enjoy!
I'll just say that I probably should have stressed the word sometimes.

Now, I am cooking a bit of a mixed grill for the Super Bowl (I have set to record, while we finish up supper)!

rc

Moves
03 Feb 13

Originally posted by vistesd
I'll just say that I probably should have stressed the word sometimes.

Now, I am cooking a bit of a mixed grill for the Super Bowl (I have set to record, while we finish up supper)!
I am watching it myself, its 23:55, yeah for the Ravens !

Moves
04 Feb 13

I am watching it myself, its 23:55, yeah for the Ravens !
you never did tell me what makes a person gay in the eyes of god and in the eyes of you, and if the two are the same?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
you never did tell me what makes a person gay in the eyes of god and in the eyes of you, and if the two are the same?
the Bible does not answer what makes a person gay, why don't you ask a question about its actual contents rather than asking questions about what's not in it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

its up there with other kinds of deviant behavior!

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, n ...[text shortened]... ave been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
A couple more sriptures that describe mans sad view of right and wrong and the inability to decern the two:

Romans 1:28-32
New Living Translation (NLT)

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

Isaiah 5:20
New Living Translation (NLT)

20 What sorrow for those who say
that evil is good and good is evil,
that dark is light and light is dark,
that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.

Psalm 10:3
Good News Translation (GNT)

3 The wicked are proud of their evil desires;
the greedy curse and reject the Lord.

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
A couple more sriptures that describe mans sad view of right and wrong and the inability to decern the two
What about all the humans who - despite their religionist beliefs or lack of - do not have a "sad view of right and wrong" and do not have "the inability to decern the two"? If the bible does not predict or describe this, isn't it a glaring omission?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What about all the humans who - despite their religionist beliefs or lack of - do not have a "sad view of right and wrong" and do not have "the inability to decern the two"? If the bible does not predict or describe this, isn't it a glaring omission?
humans don't have the ability to discern between right and wrong, who are you referring to, psychopaths and those who for one reason or another cannot exercise their conscience?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Lol. Are you serious? Every human has a concsience inside us and as the Bible says that even nature teaches us what is right and wrong even when it comes to sexuality and what the norm is.
No omission needed here at all as the Bible speaks for itself and the knowedge that is there for all to see and understand....IF they want to see.

It seems to me no matter the subject that is speaking of God and his word, you are always, always, looking for some way to find fault and some mistake that you think God has made. Wow!!!!!

e

Moves
04 Feb 13

glorified school bullying and homophobia, wow, do you really think that is the reasons that the church in Scotland is against admitting those who want to engage in a practice that they deem both as opposed to nature and opposed to scripture. I always have to laugh when homosexuals describe those who oppose the practice as homophobic and wonder if th ...[text shortened]... ality and a practice that is contrary to nature and their religious beliefs? You have not said.
robbie what do you make of the pidgeon bit 2 pages after the gay is bad bit, do you practise that too ... you know its there!

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

humans don't have the ability to discern between right and wrong, who are you referring to, psychopaths and those who for one reason or another cannot exercise their conscience?
Almost everyone I know does not have a "sad view of right and wrong" and does not have an "inability to discern between the two". Are all these people I know and most of the people I have ever known not also part of the "man" galveston75 was referring to when he talked about "..scriptures that describe mans sad view of right and wrong..." ?

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol. Are you serious?
Yes I am utterly serious. Most people not have a "sad view of right and wrong" and do not have an "inability to discern between the two". What is the validity or purpose of your generalization about the nature of "man"?