1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 13:58
    Life came from nonlife?

One reason I understand atheist don't believe in God is because he is the God of the living not of the dead.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 18:42
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Life came from nonlife?

One reason I understand atheist don't believe in God is because he is the God of the living not of the dead.
    If that is the case why did this god come to the aid of people 3000 years ago, like hardening the heart of the Pharaoh, whatever that meant, but in modern times literally 100 MILLION people, a lot of them from the Abrahamics, and I suppose atheists and agnostics and downright evil men but ALL killed and a lot of them in the name of this god, but not a peep from this god in spite of the absolute fact they all died, a COUNTRY full of people. So god had to WANT them dead, nasty asss humans.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 06:49
    We know that Earth formed almost 5 billion years ago. Some time after, the first evidence of simple lifeforms emerged. That "life came from no-life" appears to be the most plausible explanation.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 07:52
    Life came from nonlife?

Are challenging that life came from non-life? Surely that is creation isn't it?

Or are you saying something about the nature of faith being correlated with being alive rather than being dead.

Most of the time I struggle to understand your posts.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:13
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are challenging that life came from non-life? Surely that is creation isn't it?

Or are you saying something about the nature of faith being correlated with being alive rather than being dead.

Most of the time I struggle to understand your posts.
    He is talking about spiritual life.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 18:05
    Originally posted by @eladar
    He is talking about spiritual life.
    So we are not talking about physical life, then what ARE we talking about here?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 19:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    As this is the Spiritual Forum, he can believe in anything. It's his religion. The flood, whims of gods, talking snakes, flat earth, walking on water, anything. It's his religion.
    It's when he think he knows about science he makes an ignorant out of himself.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 20:41
    I've never heard that reason given. And it's obvious that the christian god is all about the afterlife.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 21:14
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    We know that Earth formed almost 5 billion years ago. Some time after, the first evidence of simple lifeforms emerged. That "life came from no-life" appears to be the most plausible explanation.
    You don't know!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 21:18
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I've never heard that reason given. And it's obvious that the christian god is all about the afterlife.
    No God creating life, is life from Life. He is all about life.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 22:19
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    No God creating life, is life from Life. He is all about life.
    Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground

recognise that?
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 22:20
    Life came from nonlife?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 01:12
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Life came from God's breath, not from the dust.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 01:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Those who will not receive eternal life are dead. When God's truth grows in a person's heart, the possibility of eternal life exists.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 06:59
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You don't know!
    What is it you think I don't know?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree