Life on other planets

Life on other planets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Actually, there are christian fundamentalists who deny (!) that the dinosaurs died out completley 65 million of years ago, that they (dinosaurs) even lived at the same time as humans, even in historic times (!), being onboard the ark of Noah (!).

They are bad represenatives of christians, but they are good representatives of fundamentalists.
I did hear a Lutheran say once something about dinosaurs and the ark -- I think either that they died out then because they didn't fit on the ark or that they were on the ark because the Bible doesn't say they weren't. Something phenomenally stupid addressed to a whole school of children during a presentation.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by buckky
If intelligent life was found on a distant planet would that upset the Christian view of things ? Was Jesus just for planet earth ?
I don't think so.

But we waste a lot of tax payers money on that crap.

j

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by buckky
If intelligent life was found on a distant planet would that upset the Christian view of things ? Was Jesus just for planet earth ?
I think we better focus on finding some intelligent life on this planet first.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by jaywill
You'll have a tough time of that if you avoid evolutionists and hang out with Bible-thumpers.

F

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by pawnhandler
I did hear a Lutheran say once something about dinosaurs and the ark -- I think either that they died out then because they didn't fit on the ark or that they were on the ark because the Bible doesn't say they weren't. Something phenomenally stupid addressed to a whole school of children during a presentation.
Pentecostals, they are Lutherans right? But mainly, those who have that kind of ideas are fundamentals. They have their dogma, set and steady. Doesn't matter how many evidence you give them, they don't change their wierd views. They pretende that they don't have to change their views, because they know it all from the beginning, from Genisis. Blind and deaf for anything else.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by jaywill
Funniest thing you've ever written.

j

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Funniest thing you've ever written.
I couldn't resist that time.

TL

Moves
14 Jun 09

If you had a T-Rex on the ark you would solve the overcrowding !

j

Moves
14 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
If you had a T-Rex on the ark you would solve the overcrowding !
Then I guess you would have had a Jurassic ark.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
14 Jun 09

Pentecostals, they are Lutherans right? But mainly, those who have that kind of ideas are fundamentals. They have their dogma, set and steady. Doesn't matter how many evidence you give them, they don't change their wierd views. They pretende that they don't have to change their views, because they know it all from the beginning, from Genisis. Blind and deaf for anything else.
No, Pentecostals aren't Lutherans. They're a different bunch. Lutherans come in a couple of different kinds -- liberal-ish (including women clergy) and conservative-ish (including "everyone is basically evil"😉

F

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by pawnhandler
No, Pentecostals aren't Lutherans. They're a different bunch. Lutherans come in a couple of different kinds -- liberal-ish (including women clergy) and conservative-ish (including "everyone is basically evil"😉
So, Pentecostals are catholics...?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ullr
Well lets see, the discovery of dinosaur fossils millions of years old haven't put a dent in their willful ignorance so what difference would a few planets with intelligent life make?
As usual, Christians solved that problem by splitting into groups, one says Earth is 6000 years old, the other says 4.5 billion. Problem solved, lol.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
15 Jun 09
1 edit

The Bible literalists seem to believe that Adam was created at the same time the Earth was created.

Just because the written Word says "this happened" and then "this happened" that does not necessarily mean they happened in the same time period. Adam was around to put a name to the animals and plants, but, that doesn't mean the Earth didn't exist for billions of years (possibly the blink of an eye in God's time) first.

Most evangelical Christians believe the Earth is 6,000 years old but they are guilty of one of the biggest things they warn other Christians about. And that is, drawing information from the Bible and forming it into doctrine, when the information isn't there to begin with. All the bible says about the timeline is that civilized man has existed about 6,000 years and science completely backs this up.

F

Moves
15 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
The Bible literalists seem to believe that Adam was created at the same time the Earth was created.

Just because the written Word says "this happened" and then "this happened" that does not necessarily mean they happened in the same time period. Adam was around to put a name to the animals and plants, but, that doesn't mean the Earth didn't exist for bil s that civilized man has existed about 6,000 years and science completely backs this up.
It shouldn't be hard for a christian to know what is right and what is wrong. Pray god for advice! Then let the ones who is wrong change their view, and all the christian can be united again!
Shouldn't be that hard, should it?

Christianity cannot be true if christians amongst themselves don't agree to eachother... The Truth cannot be in christianity!

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
15 Jun 09
3 edits

It shouldn't be hard for a christian to know what is right and what is wrong. Pray god for advice! Then let the ones who is wrong change their view, and all the christian can be united again!
Shouldn't be that hard, should it?

Christianity cannot be true if christians amongst themselves don't agree to eachother... The Truth cannot be in christianity!
Just because different factions within Christianity contradict one another doesn't mean they all have it wrong. That argument is entirely illogical.

You're correct that if 2 parties contradict one another, 1 must be wrong. But that doesn't mean both are incorrect.

You seem to believe that for one to be Christian they must altogether reject science; even take strong opposition to it. On the contrary just as a scientist who believes in the big bang theory can remain a scientist even if he believes that God caused the big bang.