Life on other planets

Life on other planets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
17 Jun 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
The sample size is one. ONE GOD and His son Jesus and His millions and millions of angels, who have probably been around for eons, many thousands and maybe millions of years. The chances that these beings, who have the ability to influence and create lifeforms, only created planet Earth and then rested on their laurels is ZERO.
I don't know if life exists on other planets.

The search for it fascinates me (within financial reasonableness). God does not forbid us from scientifically trying to find out if life is out there. He has not aided us by revelation as far as I can see.

I guess I have no more to contribute on this topic.

"The things that are hidden belong to Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed, to us and our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deutoronomy 29:29)

[b]"

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

'its life Jim, but not as we know it'
I have heard it put that there is even 'life' on planets within our own solar system...its just not detectable in the third dimension.
I'm sure there was a star-trek episode,(the origonal star-trek), where they went to visit a planet that was inhabited by a race of beings who were invisible to the star-trek crew.

apparently the concept for star-trek was 'implanted' into Gene Rodenberrys head one night while he was sleeping.
A fascinating story for me but probably totally unprovable,(i guess thats why i hang around the spiritualtiy forum and not the sciance one...)

j

Moves
20 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
'its life Jim, but not as we know it'
I have heard it put that there is even 'life' on planets within our own solar system...its just not detectable in the third dimension.
I'm sure there was a star-trek episode,(the origonal star-trek), where they went to visit a planet that was inhabited by a race of beings who were invisible to the star-trek crew.
vable,(i guess thats why i hang around the spiritualtiy forum and not the sciance one...)
I think the Star Trek program was just an idea whose time was ripe for popularity.

Science Fiction has been around for awhile. And before you had Capt. Kirk traveling around the universe you had Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers.

I do notice that the whole concept of Star Trek and Star Wars seems impossible to develop without the assumption of Evolution Theory.

How else are you going to get all these societies and creatures out there in the universe ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

I will not let this thread go to the next page without at least one response.

I have been telepathically communicated to by 'aliens'(extra-terrrestrials)and it was quite a profound experience.

This is not a joke. I'm quite serious here and would welcome any points of view that may furthur this discussion

j

Moves
20 Jun 09

I will not let this thread go to the next page without at least one response.

I have been telepathically communicated to by 'aliens'(extra-terrrestrials)and it was quite a profound experience.

This is not a joke. I'm quite serious here and would welcome any points of view that may furthur this discussion
How do you know that the communication came from aliens? Did they tell you that ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by jaywill
How do you know that the communication came from aliens? Did they tell you that ?
Oh dude... I just knew. Like I dont know how
I dont know how telepathy worked
I failed to see how I would've wound up in that situation
I was just there... responding to their basic statements with my mind.
I guess(in hindsight) I just got a feeling that : I was there.
They were there and THis WAS happening

To call them aliens is a whole other thread.
I just had a TOTAL feeling that it was from 'outside the earth'

j

Moves
20 Jun 09

Oh dude... I just knew. Like I dont know how
I dont know how telepathy worked
I failed to see how I would've wound up in that situation
I was just there... responding to their basic statements with my mind.
I guess(in hindsight) I just got a feeling that : I was there.
They were there and THis WAS happening

To call them aliens is a whole other thread.
I just had a TOTAL feeling that it was from 'outside the earth'
I believe you experienced something.

And you can think about these questions if you do not want to discuss them publically. I understand.

1.) Did you experiment with mind altering drugs at any times before you had these experiences?

2.) Did you long to have experiences like these before you actually had them?

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jun 09

I am not sure what your comment on Genesis meant.
From what I recall of genesis, God makes the universe first and only later makes man. He does not seem to make the universe specifically for man as you earlier suggested.

j

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
From what I recall of genesis, God makes the universe first and only later makes man. He does not seem to make the universe specifically for man as you earlier suggested.
Yes, for man as far as I can see. And man is for God.

So He created it all for His eternal purpose.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jun 09

For those who do not believe that evolution took place, I really can't see any good argument for there not being some life on other planets. If God made microbes specifically designed to live in deep sea trenches then why would he not make some specifically designed to live on mars? He apparently made trillions of stars and planetary systems and each planet has its own rocks, sand, atmosphere, weather etc etc, it would seem a bit strange that he would then only put life on one planet? Note that I am not talking about intelligent life but merely microbes.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

I believe you experienced something.

And you can think about these questions if you do not want to discuss them publically. I understand.

1.) Did you experiment with mind altering drugs at any times before you had these experiences?

2.) Did you long to have experiences like these before you actually had them?
1. Yes I had experimented with drugs when I had that experience. Then I had another 'telepathic' experience.
Thats what spun me out: The second time it happened. I was totally str8.

it totlally rocked my world and I could not explain it away on drugs or whatever.
2.NO . DEfinatley not!!!
These experiences just 'happened' to me .

I had never sought them out or been paritcularly interested in ufo literature
Since then(a few years later ) I have collected 8 or 9 books on the subject. Totallly fascinating stuff. Validates a lof t of christian beliefs and more

j

Moves
20 Jun 09

1. Yes I had experimented with drugs when I had that experience. Then I had another 'telepathic' experience.
Thats what spun me out: The second time it happened. I was totally str8.

it totlally rocked my world and I could not explain it away on drugs or whatever.
2.NO . DEfinatley not!!!
These experiences just 'happened' to me .

I had nev ...[text shortened]... on the subject. Totallly fascinating stuff. Validates a lof t of christian beliefs and more
==================================
I had never sought them out or been paritcularly interested in ufo literature
Since then(a few years later ) I have collected 8 or 9 books on the subject. Totallly fascinating stuff. Validates a lof t of christian beliefs and more
=====================================

You say the books validate Christian beliefs.

Do they tend to make you want to confess your sins to God or do they tend to make you want to ignore that detail ?

j

Moves
20 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
For those who do not believe that evolution took place, I really can't see any good argument for there not being some life on other planets. If God made microbes specifically designed to live in deep sea trenches then why would he not make some specifically designed to live on mars? He apparently made trillions of stars and planetary systems and each plan ...[text shortened]... put life on one planet? Note that I am not talking about intelligent life but merely microbes.
I think there's something to the evolution theory to a degree. I don't think we can take it too far.

As for the microbes, you have a point.

God doesn't seem to forbid us from looking for life elsewhere. He doesn't seem to aid us with any revelation.

Its like if you could see the expression on His face as we spend millions to find this life - it is curiously blank. He didn't say "Thou shalt no look for life on other planets ...".

He seems to just permit us to be as curious as we'd like, as long as it does not become a sin.

Unfortunately, as with many things in scienctific knowledge they eventually morph into some kind of weapon to bump the other guy off.

j

Moves
20 Jun 09

I mean the militarization of space will probably be the bigger agenda.