1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:22
    @chaney3 said
    I didn't reveal my Mom's death in that forum. You just poorly assumed that.
    Yes you did. I remember you doing so.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes you did. I remember you doing so.
    You neatly edited out the real question.

You condone deplorable human behavior.....because it's the Clan forum?

If so, I have lost respect for you.

You need to redeem yourself Ghost, for you've already made fun of Suzianne's belief just to score a cheap joke.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 19:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Splendid. Thoughts?

Just finished watching the rest of your link and I agree it got better. Was skeptical of course about his return of the God hypothesis but found the observation interesting regarding the genetic code and the 'information' contained within a molecule (as it is indeed a problem for anyone to explain the origin of this information). I like also how ...[text shortened]... shaped' (without a finer tuner to keep everything working).

He put forward some strong arguments.
    Thought you would like it regardless of your conclusions.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:00
    @chaney3 said

You need to redeem yourself Ghost, for you've already made fun of Suzianne's belief just to score a cheap joke.
    No, I didn't.

I made a generalized joke about the susceptibility of theists. Suzianne is at the back of the queue when it comes to theistic gullibility.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:00
    @kellyjay said
    Thought you would like it regardless of your conclusions.
    I did sir.

Your views on the article you read?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, I didn't.

I made a generalized joke about the susceptibility of theists. Suzianne is at the back of the queue when it comes to theistic gullibility.
    Incorrect.
    Your smug atheism made fun of people who believe in God.
    You don't do that on this forum.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:10
    @chaney3 said
    Incorrect.
    Your smug atheism made fun of people who believe in God.
    You don't do that on this forum.
    In the clan forum you just labeled atheists as dumb. How is that any different?

Is it okay for smug theists to make fun of non-believers?!

Do you ever think anything through?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:13
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    In the clan forum you just labeled atheists as dumb. How is that any different?

Is it okay for smug theists to make fun of non-believers?!

Do you ever think anything through?
    Sorry, but I do think atheists are a little dumb.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 20:18
    @chaney3 said
    Elvis has left the building.

I'm cutting you off.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:071 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Splendid. Thoughts?

Just finished watching the rest of your link and I agree it got better. Was skeptical of course about his return of the God hypothesis but found the observation interesting regarding the genetic code and the 'information' contained within a molecule (as it is indeed a problem for anyone to explain the origin of this information). I like also how ...[text shortened]... shaped' (without a finer tuner to keep everything working).

He put forward some strong arguments.
    The thing about fossils is, it isn’t an error free science! What people do when they
    find several different pieces of fossils in an area, and they start putting the pieces
    together, that doesn’t mean they understand what they are looking at. As soon as
    they start putting them together the unanswerable question is, are they getting it
    right?

When a lifeform’s fossil is found intact that is a good find, when they must look
    around and scrounge up several different pieces in a area, what does that really
    mean? They really don’t know what they are looking at! Are all the pieces just one
    life form, or several different ones all in the same location? This means that if they
    built a single creature out of all the pieces they find, or if they built several
    different ones, it is in the eye of the beholder, it doesn’t mean that they got it
    right. What happens when we look at this stuff people are just connecting the
    dots they think are right, they cannot be proven wrong unless the Doctor Who’s
    TARDIS, or H. G. Wells’ time machine gives us a ride, its all just best educated
    guesses.

Someone finds something puts it together, if its new they get to name it, so good
    on them they get their names published. Next thing they can do is describe it to
    some artist, who will create their version of what they were told it looks like, so
    there are now pictures in books or even life like figures are made for museums. So
    then now all the kids can come through a museum or read a book, and look at
    this stuff, and they can now all walk away thinking this was real! It isn’t theoretical
    to them, it becomes science unless people are reminded it may not be as real as
    they think it is, it isn’t proof.

The fossils for Lucy according to your link were all found in a single area correct?
    So did they get it right, it isn’t definitive. There is reason to be a little concern for
    that reason, how many different Lucy findings are there, just the one? If its just
    one, how do we know it is what they say it is, and not a hodgepodge of different
    species fossils all thrown together, just to create a single lifeform according to
    someone’s mistaken connection of various fossils?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:11
    @chaney3 said
    I would disagree.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:13
    @kellyjay said
    I would disagree.
    Then you're wrong.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:16
    @chaney3 said
    Then you're wrong.
    No, I'm quite sure I disagree. 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:19
    @kellyjay said
    No, I'm quite sure I disagree. 🙂
    Fine, then your beliefs are hogwash, as atheists see it.
    So glad you agree.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 21:21
    @chaney3 said
    Fine, then your beliefs are hogwash, as atheists see it.
    So glad you agree.
    Agreeing with me or disagreeing with me isn't a measure on if someone is smart
    or dumb. I know smart people who disagree with each other, this happens it isn't
    measure of intelligence, and most certainly isn't guide to who is right or wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree