1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 19:58
    “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”​—Psalm 37:29.

“He will swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.”​—Isaiah 25:8.

“The last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.”​—1 Corinthians 15:26.

“Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”​—Revelation 21:4.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 20:07
    @galveston75 said
    “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”​—Psalm 37:29.

“He will swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.”​—Isaiah 25:8.

“Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”​—Revelation 21:4.
    I’m guessing time doesn’t exist in the new heaven and new earth (nor do I think it exists in the current heaven.)

Without time, you’re left with the eternal now.

Forever only seems like a long time when you can contemplate the past and future.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 21:10
    @galveston75

“Live forever? How?”

Become a member of the Jehovah’s Witness church?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 21:30
    @pb1022 said
    I’m guessing time doesn’t exist in the new heaven and new earth (nor do I think it exists in the current heaven.)

Without time, you’re left with the eternal now.

Forever only seems like a long time when you can contemplate the past and future.
    Well don't quite get what you're saying here but what would you think about living forever as human? That's what these scriptures are referring to.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 21:39
    @galveston75 said

Sounds more like a threat than a reward.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 21:47
    Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom the work that God has done from beginning to end.

(Borean Translation)

If you could have perfect health and could live forever why wouldn't you take it in a world without war or strife ? Especially in a world of people that thought along similar lines that would do you no harm? I'd have some of that.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:01
    @galveston75 said
    Well don't quite get what you're saying here but what would you think about living forever as human? That's what these scriptures are referring to.
    Do I need to become a member of the Jehovahs Witness church in order to, as you put it, “live forever”?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:382 edits
    @galveston75 said

How to live for ever? Eat from the tree of life

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: (Genesis 3:22 KJV)
    God chased man from the Garden of Eden so that he will not also eat from the tree of life and live for ever

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7 KJV)

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)

Those who overcome / DO THE COMMANDMENTS get to eat from the tree of life
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:41
    @medullah said
    Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom the work that God has done from beginning to end.

(Borean Translation)

If you could have perfect health and could live forever why wouldn't you take it in a world without war or strife ? Especially in a world of people that thought along similar lines that would do you no harm? I'd have some of that.
    Yes....And the bible is for everyone to see how to get there....
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:49
    @divegeester said
    Do I need to become a member of the Jehovahs Witness church in order to, as you put it, “live forever”?
    I think you might be jumping the gun a bit here DG. I don't think that he actually said that.

In my opinion (such that it is) nobody has the right to say who is going to live forever (although as Raj has pointed out there are pointers but that's all down to Jesus Christ to sort out). Equally nobody has the right to say who is/is not going to heaven, not that I'm accusing or suggesting that Galveston said or hinted in that direction.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:241 edit
    Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27. ijwfq article 4
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:38
    @galveston75 said
    Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now l ...[text shortened]... l or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27. ijwfq article 4
    So I don’t need to join the Jehovah’s Witnesses in order to “live forever”?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:39
    @medullah said
    I think you might be jumping the gun a bit here DG. I don't think that he actually said that.
    I didn’t say that he did, but Galveston75 brought the topic of “living forever” up in a very open OP.

What’s your issue with my question on the topic?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:41
    @medullah said
    In my opinion (such that it is) nobody has the right to say who is going to live forever
    But I’m not asking Galveston75 to say who or who isn’t going to live forever, I’m asking him if a person needs to join the Jehovah’s Witness church in order to be able to attain it.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:41
    @divegeester said
    So I don’t need to join the Jehovah’s Witnesses in order to “live forever”?
    SEE my last post...........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree