1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:421 edit
    @galveston75 said
    In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved.
    No one is asking you to judge who will or who won’t be saved. The question is a bang on topic, laser focused one aimed directly at the beliefs of you and your church group.

The question is “does a person need to join your religious organisation in order to “live forever”?”

You have said “No”, so that’s good that there other routes to God the father other than the Jehovah’s witnesses.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:47
    @divegeester said
    No one is asking you to judge who will or who won’t be saved. The question is a bang on topic, laser focused one aimed directly at the beliefs of you and your church group.

The question is “does a person need to join your religious organisation in order to “live forever”?”

You have said “No”, so that’s good that there other routes to God the father other than the Jehovah’s witnesses.
    If you have a way that you see fit, go for it.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:532 edits
    @galveston75 said
    The answer to Dive's question is yes. The Watchtower promote the belief that people have to be part of that religion in order to be in the Kingdom. They make an exception for people who existed prior to the start of their religion as Galveston stated in his post. But now in these times God is the Father and Watchtower is the Mother, and only members of the JWs are children of God who will populate the Kingdom. All others die in Armageddon. That is the teaching of the JWs.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:541 edit
    @galveston75 said
    The main thing I am interested in is living forever and I wanted to be sure wether or not I have to join the Jehovah’s Witness church as a prerequisite of obtaining it. You have confirmed that I don’t have to join your church and that therefore there are other routes to Jehovah. Thank you.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:54
    @rajk999 said
    The answer to Dive's question is yes, people have to be part of that religion in order to be in the Kingdom. They make an exception for people who existed prior to the start of their religion as Galveston stated in his post. But now in these times God is the Father and Watchtower is the Mother, and only members of the JWs are children of God who will populate the Kingdom. All others die in Armageddon. That is the teaching of the JWs.
    Galveston75 stated “No” quite clearly on the previous page.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:02
    @divegeester said
    The question that he needs to answer is :

Can a Catholic enter the Kingdom of God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:10
    @divegeester said
    He is lying. Watchtower Sept 1 1989

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19
    "In fact, with God's day of judgment so near today, all the world should 'keep silent before the Sovereign Lord Jehovah' and hear what he says through the "little flock" of Jesus' anointed followers and their companions, his "other sheep." (Luke 12:32; John 10:16) Annihilation awaits all who will not listen and who thereby set themselves against rule by God's Kingdom." Watchtower 2001 Feb 15 p. 14
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:04
    @divegeester said
    The main thing I am interested in is living forever and I wanted to be sure wether or not I have to join the Jehovah’s Witness church as a prerequisite of obtaining it. You have confirmed that I don’t have to join your church and that therefore there are other routes to Jehovah. Thank you.
    <<The main thing I am interested in is living forever>>

The main thing you’re interested in is whether they have ale in Heaven.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:35
    @pb1022 said
    <<The main thing I am interested in is living forever>>

The main thing you’re interested in is whether they have ale in Heaven.
    The main thing that am interested in is will they have Kraken on Earth, and is Raj going to buy the first round once the earth is cleansed ( if he is make mine a double).
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:36
    On second thoughts maybe he should be funding the first happy hour :-)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:51
    @medullah said
    The main thing that am interested in is will they have Kraken on Earth, and is Raj going to buy the first round once the earth is cleansed ( if he is make mine a double).
    I will buy the first case. You get a bottle for yourself. But then only JWs will be around so we better take that before Armageddeon
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:561 edit
    As I live as a Christian I have found that because the problem of eternity has been solved in the affirmative, the challenge is I can therefore trust Christ for absolutely everythning else that confronts me in this age and life.

He has already taken care of the eternal life. When the "honeymoon" of initial joy runs its limited course, and the Christian realizes he is not exempt from any of the troubles and trials of this life, his STANDING on his eternal salvation is the stength, the firm foundation to not fear in facing every and any other thing that will and can happen.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 02:01
    "I know eternity has been secured in the blessed positive. I am therefore ready for any program or curriculum of challenges in this life, with Christ."

" . . . if God be for us who can be against us?

Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with HIm freely give us all things? " (Rom. 8:31,32)

Paul faced terrible trials all his Christian life. His foundation gave him total confidence through it ALL.

"Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation or anguish or persecution of famine or nakedness or peril or sword? . . . But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither desath nor life nor angels not principalities nor things preent not things to come nor powers not height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (See Rom. 8:36-39)

I wrote a song to these verses too.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/i-am-persuaded-rom-838
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 02:01
    @sonship said
    When the "honeymoon" of initial joy runs its limited course, and the Christian realizes he is not exempt from any of the troubles and trials of this life, his STANDING on his eternal salvation is the stength, the firm foundation to not fear in facing every and any other thing that will and can happen.
    I think the adherents to pretty much all the major religions I know get this kind of solace from their faith. the Muslims and Hindus I live amongst, for example, do not see themselves exempt from any of the troubles and trials of this life, and they derive comfort from their belief in "eternal life" and try not to fear having to face "every and any other thing that will and can happen".
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 02:091 edit
    @galveston75

Granting dverulasting life is not that much of a problem to God.

God has many angels who live forever. God wants more than just another of His creatures to live forever.

The isues of living forever is not a problem to God. It is easy for Him.

Conforming creatures with a free will to the image of Christ to match Him in life and nature. That is the greater challenge causing God to exercise all of His wisdom and prudence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree