1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 19:23
    Originally posted by Penguin
    That's not a theory, it's a hypothesis, unless you have extensive experimental data to back it up which your post implied that you don't.

It is certainly an interesting hypothesis though.

--- Penguin.
    That's not the difference between theory and hypothesis.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 19:24
    Originally posted by serigado
    Yeah, yeah, an unexperimented theory... you are right. But it's beautiful.
    I have another one to disprove quantum mechanics, but that one is ultra-top-secret.
    Are you reading, adam warlock? You will be without a job 🙂
    Just read this now. 😲
    I've got a daughter to feed , don't make me jobless. I think we need to have a conversation.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by agryson
    First off, Newton came up with his theories of gravitation using lead spheres, heavy, but a single man can lift one, so I think you'll agree that that's a system much smaller than the earth (it can also be observed affecting tiny little electrons and stuff, but it's such a tiny effect that we can normally ignore it in our calculations. But it does exist for modern science, it's fair to expect that you would have at lest done that much first.)
    You remind me of those evilutionists who say macroevolution is just the logical consequence of microevolution over many millions of years. Everybody knows macroevolution is false, just like universal gravity is false. Need I make myself any clearer?

Don't bother me with your scientific prattle. Go read your Bible, or better yet, don't.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 10:17
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Anyone who knows telerion knows that—

(a) he has his tongue firmly in his cheek with his post here; or

(b) he has had in the last few days a monumental (re-)conversion experience.

Then again, anyone who knows telerion is likely to heavily discount possibility (b)...
    Now that I think about it, perhaps it is (b). No doubt the reconversion occured after reading one of my posts. 😛
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 10:18
    Originally posted by telerion
    You remind me of those evilutionists who say macroevolution is just the logical consequence of microevolution over many millions of years. Everybody knows macroevolution is false, just like universal gravity is false. Need I make myself any clearer?

Don't bother me with your scientific prattle. Go read your Bible, or better yet, don't.
    Preach it brother telerion, preach it!!!
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 17:44

If everybody knows, I'm nobody. If I'm nobody you wouldn't be reading this.
    Therefor, you are wrong.
    You don't need to make yourself any clearer to the bible boys, they are radiant with those arguments.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 14:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Preach it brother telerion, preach it!!!
    Hallelujah!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 15:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Hallelujah!
    Now don't tell me you have converted as well. 😀
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 23:04
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Don't you want to really understand these things before talking and making a fool out of yourself?
    Shouldn't you fix your irony detector before talking and making a fool of yourself?
  10. The sky
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Anyone who knows telerion knows that—

(a) he has his tongue firmly in his cheek with his post here; or

(b) he has had in the last few days a monumental (re-)conversion experience.

Then again, anyone who knows telerion is likely to heavily discount possibility (b)...
    Convert and reconvert! How many reconversions has he been through now?
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now don't tell me you have converted as well. 😀
    I've inverted, actually.
  12. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 18:46
    Originally posted by serigado
    I HAVE A THEORY
    maybe someone made it already

Gravity "constant" maybe seen as tensor (analogous to stress tensor) that depends on the local elasticity of the universe. Locally (inside our galaxy), we see it as constant, but who says it has to be that way? Maybe it is correlated it the structure of space itself.
    I know what you'll say:
    "Stop reading science fiction books and wake up"
    Well, at least it was an idea.
    I hate tensors. My stat phys lecturer back in college once was asked "what exactly is a tensor?"
    His reply was classic... (Imagine it is in a scottish accent)
    "Well, I find the best way of describing a tensor is, it's like a vector on speed"
  13. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 18:50

I did read my bible. Also the book of mormon and the Qu'ran (though I found the latter far too repetitive for my tastes). Taken as works of fiction, they can be quite entertaining... "wow, whatever will happen next" real page turners actually, whoever the authors were really knew how to keep you guessing.
    If you don't want to hear scientific prattle, why did you attempt to use it yourself in the original post? As none of the books mentioned above have a single thing to say about gravity, then I really don't see how the bible can be used in any relevant way to this conversation.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 19:221 edit
    Originally posted by agryson
    I did read my bible. Also the book of mormon and the Qu'ran (though I found the latter far too repetitive for my tastes). Taken as works of fiction, they can be quite entertaining... "wow, whatever will happen next" real page turners actually, whoever the authors were really knew how to keep you guessing.
    If you don't want to hear scientific prattle, why di ...[text shortened]... then I really don't see how the bible can be used in any relevant way to this conversation.
    I see that you joined back in February so I'll cut you some slack. Your 1-year grace period will expire however in fewer than four months so you had better shape up! There are many signs which positively identify a fundamentalist post. You should learn how to spot them. I'll donate a freebie to get you started.

Spelling and grammar are dead give aways. When Jesus enters your heart it leafs u righting lik thiss.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 19:35
    I see that you joined back in February so I'll cut you some slack. Your 1-year grace period will expire however in fewer than four months so you had better shape up! There are many signs which positively identify a fundamentalist post. You should learn how to spot them. I'll donate a freebie to get you started.

Spelling and grammar are dead give aways. When Jesus enters your heart it [b]leafs u righting lik thiss
    .[/b]
    Or you have to capitalise everything about HIS wonderful majesty, since GOD is the TRUE GOD and deserves CAPITALISATION.

Sometimes it makes you say things like 'I love Paulian doctrine because...insert arbitrary fundamentalist phrase here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree