1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 06:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Experience does not tell us that there is no non-biological concious intelligence in the universe, only that there is none on this planet and probably none in the solar system. Unless you have visited or at least gained some sort of experience of other planets then you cannot make that sort of claims about them based on experience.
    Ahem.

Our experience of the universe, which is obviously limited to this planet, does indeed tell us
    that there is no non-biological conscious intelligence.

If you want to make speculations, sure!, there is all sort of stuff out there. But those speculations
    aren't based on any experience that we have.

Sure, we can have non-carbon-based lifeforms (I know, I know, there are some apparently sulphur-
    based ones on this planet), we can have robots, aliens, spaceships, Luke Skywalker, and all sorts
    of things.

The issue is one of pure agnosticism -- we have no clue because we have no experience. Given
    that science is experience-based, it would be just as silly to say science can prove/disprove God
    as it would be for science to say it can prove/disprove non-biological conscious intelligence.

I'm still trying to get what #1 is saying above; while some people seem to think that a conscious
    universe is 'plausible,' it seems to fall under the same sort of scope as telepathy, both of which seem
    to be received as pretty dubious by the majority of the scientific community.

Look: is it possible electrons talk to each other? I guess. Hell, I don't even understand how an
    electron can be in two different places at precisely the same time, but, by God, the experiment is
    pretty conclusive.

That having been said, other explanations include talking about 11 dimensions or other weird things
    that just represent our trying to explain the unexplainable.

Despite all of this, the initial 'proof' doesn't conform to any sort of deductive logic, which was really
    my main point. That people take issue with my concluding that there is no reason to believe in
    non-biological conscious intelligence is more of an auxiliary point. But, at least I'm learning about
    Bell's Theorem.

Nemesio
  2. Ketchikan, Alaska
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 04:21
    Originally posted by BluesChord
    Hello, below is a few thoughts to chew on. Right or wrong, ya gotta think about these things...least I do...

The Logos Theory
    A philosophical side of "String Theory"
    Mark A. McMullen

IF Energy = Mass,
    AND Mass can = Organic Life,
    AND Organic Life can = Conscious Intelligence,
    THEN...
    Energy can = Conscious Intelligence

String T ...[text shortened]... or wood".
    IS ENERGY ALIVE???
    Yes, for we are alive.
    Yeah! A mortal is finaly getting it! its been so loooooong! I congratulate sir as one of the few humans to actualy comprehend the beggining of existance. Though you haven't come to realize yet what you have tripped over in the dark it doesn't matter. You have just begun the path to realizing existance. I'm happy to say I haven't botherd to read the rest of the posts for you have said the most important thing you could ever have. We are proud to have found you on this little mud ball on the mortals plane.
  3. Oregon U.S.A.
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 13:27
    uummm....I guess thank you Dracos.

I had to think hard about posting the following, but what the heck, might as well show rhp how weird I really am. lol Another exerpt from my book, a work in progress. Writer's...what a weird bunch....

---------
    Sometime shortly after I wrote the "Logos Theory", and the implications were still lurking around my head, I embarked on a shamanic type vision quest. Using mushrooms as had been used by many searchers through the ages, I came asking questions.

Before I began my journey, I had my computer ready for me to write, if and when I could function enough to do so. When I could finally stand, I made my way to my pc and wrote the following statement, standing. I noticed later that only one word in the entire writing was capitalized, actually the whole word was (with the exception of the pronoun "I"😉. I did not do this consciously.

Note: I don't necessarily believe this, only time will tell how much of it is true. Also, I do not endorse the use of hallucinogens for recreational purposes.

-------

energy is in perpetual motion always seeking the other state (relaxed, expanding).
    it is the total expansion of energy, and the total relaxing of energy that is the extremes. energy is always somewhere between these two states. the reality of time is the span between the two states.

as energy starts a new cycle a new time line begins.

for energy to say I am alive, it creates this physical universe. it takes all of its CONSCIOUS effort to maintain a universe. all laws it constructs. it is like a flower, a statement that says I was here. hear me I am here...
    energy calling itself...declaring it is alive by manifesting this physical universe or any other universe.

by creating order out of chaos energy says I'm alive.

energy has no apologies. it just is what it is. it has no condemnation. it just experiences.

the expansion and contraction happen simultaneously. that is the paradox of energy but only from our limited view. on one plane it is happening simultaneously. in this plane it is not. we are actually on the expansion side of the cycle as is evident from the expansion of the universe. I feel energy is reaching the end of the cycle, about to contract.
    what will happen to this reality? will it collapse on itself? just disappear? why have we grown so accustom to this physical universe?...because it is our statement that we are alive. we both dread and anticipate the end of every cycle. with every start and end of a cycle....we feel it is the end, yet we know it is just a new beginning, a chance to create new realities....which is our statement and declaration..."we are alive".

the journey that is time...
  4. Ketchikan, Alaska
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 00:57
    Originally posted by BluesChord
    uummm....I guess thank you Dracos.

I had to think hard about posting the following, but what the heck, might as well show rhp how weird I really am. lol Another exerpt from my book, a work in progress. Writer's...what a weird bunch....

---------
    Sometime shortly after I wrote the "Logos Theory", and the implications were still lurking around m ...[text shortened]... which is our statement and declaration..."we are alive".

the journey that is time...
    You are asking good questions. Luckily I have answers.

For one Yes the universe and its plane are nearing the contrtaction period where all things will start to collapse to the center and restart the process of creation. We will all die physicaly but our bodies will join the mass of matter and energy and re implode recreating the universe from which our souls may choose to re inhabit or stay wherever we arrive, or go somewhere else entirely.

I praise you on the use of a hallucinigen for the sight into the planes it provides. Notice I don't encourage this as it may shorten your human expeince. There are ways to do this withought hallucinigens, I suggest you start tweaking your mind's view. Learn to look at things in all ways. do not close any set of eyes you have. Do not let any religion filter or block any information. you'll probably find quite a few intresting things. But most importantly try to look beyond the physical veil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree