Lone wolf Christians?

Lone wolf Christians?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11

Heb 10:24,25

24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, "as some have the custom", but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.

Is it possible to be in good favor with Jesus and not be a part of the Christian congregations spoken of here?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Heb 10:24,25

24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, "as some have the custom", but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.

Is it possible to be in good favor with Jesus and not be a part of the Christian congregations spoken of here?
"forsaking the gathering of ourselves together"

Refers to assembly worship, specifically for the purpose of being taught Bible truth by a pastor-teacher in the prviacy of a congregational venue. Without consistent spiritual food, believers remain babies and never reach maturity and an understanding of the mind of Christ. As babies by choice, they are worthless to the cause of Christ and often spend their entire lives under divine discipline.

gb

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"forsaking the gathering of ourselves together"

Refers to assembly worship, specifically for the purpose of being taught Bible truth by a pastor-teacher in the prviacy of a congregational venue. Without consistent spiritual food, believers remain babies and never reach maturity and an understanding of the mind of Christ. As babies by choice, ...[text shortened]... hless to the cause of Christ and often spend their entire lives under divine discipline.

gb[/b]
Good stuff. One among many different problems this makes for ones out on their own is suggested at Prov 3:5 which is bringing out that ones cannot lean upon their own understanding. And this would in turn lead them to teach others their own understanding if that opportunity arose.
Another problem is brought out in 1Pet 2:17 & 1Pet 5:9 which shows we should develop a love and close associations with ones of like faith which is spiritually upbuilding and gives support for our beliefs as well a it exposes one to new teachings and helps with things we may not fully understand.
If one is out there on their own these are a few things that cannot apply to them or help them grow spiritually.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Dec 11

Good stuff. One among many different problems this makes for ones out on their own is suggested at Prov 3:5 which is bringing out that ones cannot lean upon their own understanding. And this would in turn lead them to teach others their own understanding if that opportunity arose.
Another problem is brought out in 1Pet 2:17 & 1Pet 5:9 which shows we s ...[text shortened]... ere on their own these are a few things that cannot apply to them or help them grow spiritually.
Pretty tough when one calls other Christians not of his denomination "nominal Christians".

Since when have you two been open to "new teachings and help with things we may not fully understand"?

Oh, wait, you're talking only of brotherhood with other JWs, aren't you? The rest of us are not worth it, obviously. God forbid one should fall to the wayside and lose the indoctrination so heavily invested in.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Pretty tough when one calls other Christians not of his denomination "nominal Christians".

Since when have you two been open to "new teachings and help with things we may not fully understand"?

Oh, wait, you're talking only of brotherhood with other JWs, aren't you? The rest of us are not worth it, obviously. God forbid one should fall to the wayside and lose the indoctrination so heavily invested in.
I don't believe I used the word nominal here at all.
And what new teachings are you refering to? The trinity, a burning hell, immortality of the soul? What exactly are these new teachings your speaking of?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Dec 11

Another problem is brought out in 1Pet 2:17 & 1Pet 5:9 which shows we s ...[text shortened]... ere on their own these are a few things that cannot apply to them or help them grow spiritually.
Does the Watchtower Society teach their own understanding with their books
and the "Awake" magazine or pamphlet.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Dec 11

Some people desperately need and seek fellowship from like-spirited people, but refuse to compromise by submiting to organisational or cultic control.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

I don't believe I used the word nominal here at all.
And what new teachings are you refering to? The trinity, a burning hell, immortality of the soul? What exactly are these new teachings your speaking of?
Robbie uses the word "nominal" on a fairly regular basis.

About these "new teachings", see the quotation marks in my post? I was replying to your post, the quote is yours. You tell us what "new teachings" you were referring to.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11

Robbie uses the word "nominal" on a fairly regular basis.

About these "new teachings", see the quotation marks in my post? I was replying to your post, the quote is yours. You tell us what "new teachings" you were referring to.
Well there is a lot but here's a few for consideration.

Understanding who the "Great Crowd" who the "Little Flock" and the 144,000 are.
Knowing what "Hell" is and isn't.
Knowing who goes there.
Knowing what the "Lake of Fire" is and isn't.
Understanding what all the wild beast in the Bible are and what they represent.
Knowing what "Babylon the Great" is.
Knowing who the "Harlot" is.
Knowing when the "signs af the last days" will happen.
Knowing when Satan was cast down to earth.

A small example and I could go on and on but this page isn't long enough.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Some people desperately need and seek fellowship from like-spirited people, but refuse to compromise by submiting to organisational or cultic control.
No cult here with the JW's or I wouldn't belong to it but for sure an organization just as Matt 24:14, 28:19,20. Luke 8:1, 9:1-6 10:1-16. Heb 10:24,25' 13:17. 1Cor 1:10, 14:33,40. 1Pet 2:9, 17.
These and many more scriptures shows that God is very organized and has always been that way with his people.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Does the Watchtower Society teach their own understanding with their books
and the "Awake" magazine or pamphlet.
We teach what the Bible teaches..................

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Dec 11

Well there is a lot but here's a few for consideration.

Understanding who the "Great Crowd" who the "Little Flock" and the 144,000 are.
Knowing what "Hell" is and isn't.
Knowing who goes there.
Knowing what the "Lake of Fire" is and isn't.
Understanding what all the wild beast in the Bible are and what they represent.
Knowing what "Babylon ...[text shortened]...

A small example and I could go on and on but this page isn't long enough.
ok, so when you said, "it exposes one to new teachings and helps with things we may not fully understand", you didn't actually mean "we", did you?

You meant "you".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Dec 11

ok, so when you said, "it exposes one to new teachings and helps with things we may not fully understand", you didn't actually mean "we", did you?

You meant "you".
Under this posting yes. This posting is about ones who say their Christian but yet do not follow the Bibles view of being a part of the arrangments that have been designed by him and his son but who decide for whatever reasons to do it on their own. This not God's way, never has been and they will not be able to gain the spiritual advantages that being involved in an organized way of learning. If their not there they will not learn when new spiritual things are brought out to us by God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Dec 11
1 edit

You meant "you".
And also yes, I do mean the JW's. We are not stuck in the teachings that were adopted by the chuches of the 4th century or so. The original bothers and sisters of the Wacthtower Society simple knew these teachings such as the trinity were wrong and did not come from the Bible but knew the paganistic origins and excused themselves from those churches that taught them and still do to this day.
So churches such as the Catholics have learned nothing NEW from the Bible from day one of their existance. If anything they have added so many burdens to their members that it has become worse then what Jesus condemned with the clergy of his time.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Dec 11

You meant "you".
Also the few of many things I just posted to you that you asked about, no comment? Why?