1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    when you admit that either one, you are a sinner, or two, that you are not, then the logic of my statement shall become self evident, so are you or are you not, or are you still intent on taking the fifth amendment lest you incriminate yourself. it is to laugh!!!!!!!!
    Yet another example. Rather than deal with the issue, you try do make it about something else. This is the same tack often taken by those you deride and believe yourself above.

Once again:
    You haven't addressed my previous post:
    "To be more precise, I have asserted that Jesus says that his followers must become perfect in their righteousness simply because that's what he states. How does your assertion logically follow from that?"

Show how your assertion logically follows. Show how your assertion makes sense. If you cannot do this, then it supports my assertion that "you're in no position to call out those who 'do not make sense'".

If the logic of your statement would be so evident, then you really don't need an answer from me. You merely need to show how your assertion logically follows in either case. But if you remain true to form, you'll find an excuse not to. And you will once again show that you are no different than them. What hypocrisy.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:361 edit
    when you admit that either one, you are a sinner, or two, that you are not, then the logic of my statement shall become self evident, so are you or are you not, or are you still intent on taking the fifth amendment lest you incriminate yourself. it is to laugh!!!!!!!!
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:57
    ah yes beetle to be sure, but the ancient King observed that the swift do not always have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise have all the resources, nor the understanding ones the riches, nor even those having knowledge the favour! 🙂 everything holy my friend, including the first chicken that laid the first on dotted dee four egg!😵
    Oh it has nothing to do with races or battles or wisdom or understanding or knowledge; it has to do solely with a specific level of conceptual awareness of buccky within a given spacetime that it is mistaken from him as a product of his non-conceptual awareness, and TerrierJack just pointed towards this situation😵

I do not feel the slightest arbitrary conception of spiritual truth, holiness included. I see “holiness” merely as a figure of speech. But if you are happy with your personal spiritual truth then you can enjoy it alright ye leggedy beastie😵
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:573 edits
    Don't think I haven't seen this same act from them. You make assertions and then have nothing to back them up. So you toss out red herrings, engage in ad hominems, stonewall etc.

Like I said, you're no different. And a hypocrite to boot. But then, so are most of them.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:345 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Don't think I haven't seen this same act from them. You make assertions and then have nothing to back them up. So you toss out red herrings, engage in ad hominems, stonewall etc.

Like I said, you're no different. And a hypocrite to boot. But then, so are most of them.
    thankyou, i knew i would get a confession out of you in the end!

we are all hypocrites, lol, tax collectors and harlots as well, no doubt! are you aware of the parable about the Pharisee and the tax collector, how the Pharisee states, just as you do, 'oh i thank you God, i am not like these other men, sinners!', 'yet the humble tax collector was not even able to lift his eyes heavenwards because of the remorse he felt! which one was proven more righteous? which one are you thinkofone?

(Luke 18:9-14) . . .But he spoke this illustration also to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and who considered the rest as nothing:  “some men went up into the temple to pray, the one a thinkofone and the other robbie a tax collector.  The thinkofone stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.  I fast twice a week, I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ But robbie and buccky and jaywill and deucer and galvestone the tax collectors stood at a distance and were not willing even to raise their eyes heavenward, but kept beating themselves, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to us sinners.’  I tell you, These men went down to their homes and proved more righteous than that man; because everyone that exalts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted.”

LOL
  6. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:42
    Random Bible Quote
    LOL
    Declare Victory?!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:45
    thankyou, i knew i would get a confession out of you in the end!

we are all hypocrites, lol, tax collectors and harlots as well, no doubt! are you aware of the parable about the Pharisee and the tax collector, how the Pharisee states, just as you do, 'oh i thank you God, i am not like these other men, sinners!', 'yet the humble tax collector was ...[text shortened]... that exalts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted.”

LOL
    And the stonewalling continues.

Confession?

Buccky?

Deucer?

Galvestone?

I really do wish you'd operate within the realm of reason. This would be so much easier.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 16:47
    Originally posted by Frogspondence
    Random Bible Quote
    LOL
    Declare Victory?!
    yep i think we can claim a checkmate considering the content of the above, hehehehehehehe
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 17:02
    yep i think we can claim a checkmate considering the content of the above, hehehehehehehe
    Yet more evidence that you're not about to let reason get in the way of your beliefs. You're really something.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 18:071 edit
    Yet more evidence that you're not about to let reason get in the way of your beliefs. You're really something.
    awe shucks, (blushes) thanks!
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 18:24
    awe shucks, (blushes) thanks!
    And as usual for your grand finale, you act as if you are completely oblivious to what is being said to you.

If you ever wonder why "Christians" such as yourself are perceived as being unable to engage in a rational discussion, you need only look back on this thread and others like it.

I've seen this act too many times 🙁
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 18:351 edit
    And as usual for your grand finale, you act as if you are completely oblivious to what is being said to you.

If you ever wonder why "Christians" such as yourself are perceived as being unable to engage in a rational discussion, you need only look back on this thread and others like it.

I've seen this act too many times 🙁
    i thought you said i was something else, now you are denying my genius? i guess like Buccky im just a lost cause!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 19:41
    i thought you said i was something else, now you are denying my genius? i guess like Buccky im just a lost cause!
    You seem to really struggle interpreting the written word correctly.

With both my posts and the words of Jesus.

You have eyes but cannot see.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 20:02
    You seem to really struggle interpreting the written word correctly.

With both my posts and the words of Jesus.

You have eyes but cannot see.
    who said that!
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There is no God. Everybody knows it. I am sure that deep down you know that I am right. You are just so scared of death that you cannot face it. You are so scared that you will die that you hold on to your beliefs even to the extent of denying the existence of atheists as even the slightest doubt by anyone might pop your bubble.

Do you see where such r ...[text shortened]... I do not believe that there is a creator nor do I have even the slightest doubt on the matter.
    If it had to be one way the other, I'd say everyone knows there's a Creator. Occam's Razor (the simplest answer, thus the most logical way to go) is that there is a Creator.

Philosophers and scientists have tried, and failed, for many centuries to tackle the "something sprang from nothing" anti-Creator argument and typically end up sweeping it under the rug.

To argue that the universe sprang from nothing with no outside causal force is to throw logic out the window which if someone does that they can't turn around and start using logic to argue against supernatural beings and God. Sorry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree