1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 16:51
    Why it that some can hear the Christian story, and be moved to want to be apart of the Christian experience, and people like me hear the Christian story, and want nothing to do with it ? Could I be what's known as "non fertile ground" ? The seed fall's on me but it does not take hold. I swear I'm not wanting to be apart of Satan's evil plan, I just don't find the Christian faith appealing in any way. I believe in a God, but the Christian God seem's like a big meanie, and it turns me off. The reason I believe in God is because I can't go along with the no intelligence guiding creation thing either. I see intelligence throughout ,and the idea of everything being pointless, and without meaning seem's nut's too. I'm a man without a group of people to side with. For this I will burn in Hell. I guess some of us are just lost causes, and can never hope to be apart of Glory Land.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 16:52
    Originally posted by buckky
    Why it that some can hear the Christian story, and be moved to want to be apart of the Christian experience, and people like me hear the Christian story, and want nothing to do with it ? Could I be what's known as "non fertile ground" ? The seed fall's on me but it does not take hold. I swear I'm not wanting to be apart of Satan's evil plan, I just don't find ...[text shortened]... guess some of us are just lost causes, and can never hope to be apart of Glory Land.
    you can always try other religions, like hinduism for example.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 16:55
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you can always try other religions, like hinduism for example.
    I have. I like Eastern thought, but I question where it's all going in the end. I was envoled with meditation for many years. I still know nothing.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 17:02
    I have. I like Eastern thought, but I question where it's all going in the end. I was envoled with meditation for many years. I still know nothing.
    I can't answer that question, but I can say that life is a mystery and we'll probably never have answers to questions like that.

but you should know a thing or two if you really put some effort into learning and taking part in religion.
  5. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 17:13
    Also, if you believe in God but no particular religion, what makes you think there is a Hell. It isn't necessary for the parts of religion you say you need and there are several religions without a Hell, so you might be all set. Find your own way, believe in what you believe. Why should you need a group if none of them seem to work for you?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 18:09
    Why it that some can hear the Christian story, and be moved to want to be apart of the Christian experience, and people like me hear the Christian story, and want nothing to do with it ? Could I be what's known as "non fertile ground" ? The seed fall's on me but it does not take hold. I swear I'm not wanting to be apart of Satan's evil plan, I just don't find ...[text shortened]... guess some of us are just lost causes, and can never hope to be apart of Glory Land.
    I would think that Pride is the problem with people that don't want anything to do with being a Christian.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 18:23
    Here's a revolutionary idea - maybe life, death, the universe is way beyond our understanding and comprehension, mankind just isn't equipped enough to understand.

The inevitability of death hangs over us all, could be today, could be tomorrow, could be 30yrs from now, nobody knows. It's something that's going to happen and there's nothing i can do about it. So why worry?! What will happen will happen, in the meantime i strive to be a decent a human being as i can and live my life to the fullest. I'm not bothered about belonging to a group or worried that i'm a lost cause. Emjoy your life and relish it because you just don't know when it will be over.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 21:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I would think that Pride is the problem with people that don't want anything to do with being a Christian.
    Do you think all the Hindus, and Buddhest, and Jews, and Muslems are nothing but prideful people ? Anyone without a pride problem would see the light, and become a Christian right ?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 00:161 edit
    Why it that some can hear the Christian story, and be moved to want to be apart of the Christian experience, and people like me hear the Christian story, and want nothing to do with it ? Could I be what's known as "non fertile ground" ? The seed fall's on me but it does not take hold. I swear I'm not wanting to be apart of Satan's evil plan, I just don't find guess some of us are just lost causes, and can never hope to be apart of Glory Land.
    Maybe Christianity 'moves' people who haven't come across other faiths. Like if its the first thing they learn then they will be compelled to become christians.
    For example I learned about bhuddism before Christianity so I was already introduced to the workings of faith . So when I came across christian thought it wasn't as moving(as if I didn't learn about bhuddism).
    Unfortunately there are always going to be christians that think you are influenced by the 'devil' if you dont convert to christianity.Dont try to fight them,it will only make it worse. Just ignore it and hopefully it will go away.

BTW thanks for starting threads with such good questions. I think the quality of your questions will determine the quality of the potential debate.It also shows the maturity of your soul.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 00:19
    Take up the guitar and have a jam session in front of the congregation for a couple hours a week and you will fit right in. Don't need no beliefs🙂.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 00:43
    Did you ever consider following the teachings of Jesus rather than the teachings of Christianity? As a whole, Christianity diverges quite drastically from what Jesus taught. Perhaps you "want nothing to do with it" because Christianity makes little sense.
  12. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 03:181 edit
    Why it that some can hear the Christian story, and be moved to want to be apart of the Christian experience, and people like me hear the Christian story, and want nothing to do with it ? Could I be what's known as "non fertile ground" ? The seed fall's on me but it does not take hold. I swear I'm not wanting to be apart of Satan's evil plan, I just don't find guess some of us are just lost causes, and can never hope to be apart of Glory Land.
    You are NOT a lost cause with respect to this. Here's the answer to your question:

The meaning of the words, even the feeling you get when you hear them and read them, is by design and intentional. You will not understand, or even enjoy the Word until Christ decides otherwise. Now, I don't know of any "formula" for you to follow that would provoke Christ to open your heart and mind, but, I do believe you are on the right track. I was in your position and just kept plugging along, asking questions and gaining interest and then one night the transformation occurred.

That's probably not very pleasant to hear but that's been my experience and Jesus did say to the disciples that it was intentional on His part to hide the message from certain individuals so that no matter what they did, they could not understand, nor would they even want to understand.

The good news is, it's never too late as long as you're alive. I don't think you should put a lot of pressure on yourself because ultimately it's not up to you. I would advise that you just keep your interest level up and listen closely.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 04:44
    So what you're saying is you don't want to live forever.

There is a creator. Everybody knows it. Only God can create something from nothing. And only God can give you the gift of eternal life.

The Bible is not a myth or a fable. Contrary to popular belief. In truth, the Bible contains the only truly reasonable explanation for our condition. And existence.

The condition being we deny the existence of God, because acknowledging His existence would mean we would be accountable to Him. And that just goes against the grain.

Doesn't it?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 06:195 edits
    LOL. I thought I as the only one who thought this about Eastern thought. Where exactly is it all going? It like psychoanalyzing your self and the universe into nonexistence!! As for myself, the love message is what captivates me about Christianity. Love is really all that matters to me and to everyone else yet so much other crap seems to occupy our time and what a waste it often is. Of course, I include segments of Christiandom in these other wortheless pursuits as well.

So meditate on that Spanky!! 😛
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 07:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    There is a creator. Everybody knows it.
    There is no God. Everybody knows it. I am sure that deep down you know that I am right. You are just so scared of death that you cannot face it. You are so scared that you will die that you hold on to your beliefs even to the extent of denying the existence of atheists as even the slightest doubt by anyone might pop your bubble.

Do you see where such ridiculous assertions as "everybody knows it" takes us? I cannot prove it to you, but you have my word that I do not believe that there is a creator nor do I have even the slightest doubt on the matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree