1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 22:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no wonder it seems strange to you my friend, for it is a piece of nonsense, there is no hell, no torment, God would never condemn persons, while in a state of imperfection, for making mistakes, no chance, it is entirely inconsistent with his loving nature. what god is interested in is the heart condition of a person, not some ritualistic adherence t ...[text shortened]... God are a broken spirit;
    A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not despise

Psalm 51:17
    I agree it's nonsense, but have you ever been amazed out how many very intelligent people think it all sounds just dandy ? That is what amazes me. If only very stupid people bought into it then it would be easy to understand, but that is not the case. Brillant minds seem to be able to overlook things that drive a big dummie like myself nut's. It's as if they are saying "sure it makes no sense but have Faith in it anyway". It's a wacky world we live in, is it not ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 22:36
    Originally posted by buckky
    I agree it's nonsense, but have you ever been amazed out how many very intelligent people think it all sounds just dandy ? That is what amazes me. If only very stupid people bought into it then it would be easy to understand, but that is not the case. Brillant minds seem to be able to overlook things that drive a big dummie like myself nut's. It's as if they ...[text shortened]... it makes no sense but have Faith in it anyway". It's a wacky world we live in, is it not ?
    yes i have met those types of persons you talk about my friend, when you actually press on them for some reason, they act in the way that you described, 'i have my faith', it is enough for me', and tend to become emotional when pressed for a reason, for their faith is not based on a reasoned account but an emotional one. the worst kind are the self righteous! the truth should be relatively easy to understand and quite clear. but when it is presented in a way that does not make sense, the like of which you have outlined, then is it any surprise that it becomes confusing?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 22:443 edits
    yes i have met those types of persons you talk about my friend, when you actually press on them for some reason, they act in the way that you described, 'i have my faith', it is enough for me', and tend to become emotional when pressed for a reason, for their faith is not based on a reasoned account but an emotional one. the worst kind are the self ...[text shortened]... ense, the like of which you have outlined, then is it any surprise that it becomes confusing?
    Don't know how to break this to you, but from many of your previous posts, it's apparent that you're in no position to call out those who "do not make sense".

I've found little to distinguish you from josephw, jaywill, freaky et al. in that regard.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Don't know how to break this to you, but from many of your previous posts, it's apparent that you're in no position to call out those who "do not make sense".

I've found little to distinguish you from josephw, jaywill, freaky et al. in that regard.
    uhuh, whats new? perhaps it may help to realise that I am not you and you are not me, i have my mind and my thoughts, you have yours, my thoughts are perfectly clear to me, but because they are at variance with yours they somehow metamorphosize and take on the shape of uncertainty, i don't think so. What is more , are you brandishing your opinion, and yes, let us not forget that's what it amounts too, as some type of truth? haha, it is to laugh, now how can i make myself understood, i know, how about, stop talking nonsense, is that clear enough?

one must of course realise Buccky my son, our friend thinkofone here is the foremost of those self righteous ones, who does not sin and has reached a state of perfection, while you and I, those hopeless sinners are condemned because of our inclination to make mistakes, it is to laugh!
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 23:251 edit
    uhuh, whats new? perhaps it may help to realise that I am not you and you are not me, i have my mind and my thoughts, you have yours, my thoughts are perfectly clear to me, but because they are at variance with yours they somehow metamorphosize and take on the shape of uncertainty, i don't think so. What is more , are you brandishing your opinion, a se hopeless sinners are condemned because of our inclination to make mistakes, it is to laugh!
    one must of course realise Buccky my son, our friend thinkofone here is the foremost of those self righteous ones, who does not sin and has reached a state of perfection, while you and I, those hopeless sinners are condemned because of our inclination to make mistakes, it is to laugh!

Now here you provided an example. I've never made such a claim, yet you are either implying I have made such a claim or you believe that I have reached a "state of perfection. By the tone of your post, I assume that it's the former.

Why don't you show how what you've asserted makes sense?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 23:283 edits
    [b]one must of course realise Buccky my son, our friend thinkofone here is the foremost of those self righteous ones, who does not sin and has reached a state of perfection, while you and I, those hopeless sinners are condemned because of our inclination to make mistakes, it is to laugh!

Now here you provided an example. I've never made such a clai ...[text shortened]... have reached a "state of perfection. By the tone of your post, I assume that it's the former.[/b]
    do you not believe and have asserted that Christ words, 'you must be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect', mean that we, in our present condition, can reach a state of perfection? oh and do try to answer honestly. If not then you are just a sinner the same as us.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 23:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    The number one law of my religion is to love the Lord with all your heart and soul and mind and to love your neighbor as yourself. If you then keep this law, you will by defualt keep the rest of the law....or so said Christ. So when I show disdain for those who reject this creed I suppose this is where my love sounds unconditional to you. How can one rejec ...[text shortened]...
    Edit: Have you read the teachings of Christ? If so, do you feel the love from his teachings?
    I've read some of Christs teachings
    yes,I feel some sort of Love from them.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 23:42
    do you not believe and have asserted that Christ words, 'you must be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect', mean that we, in our present condition, can reach a state of perfection? oh and do try to answer honestly. If not then you are just a sinner the same as us.
    To be more precise, I have asserted that Jesus says that his followers must become perfect in their righteousness simply because that's what he states. How does your assertion logically follow from that?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 08:41
    To be more precise, I have asserted that Jesus says that his followers must become perfect in their righteousness simply because that's what he states. How does your assertion logically follow from that?
    perfect in their righteousness? what does that mean, and are you a sinner or are you not?
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 09:40
    Lol, you have a propensity for uncovering that which is ambiguous in a most succinct manner my friend! pure minimalism.
    This is no minimalism Rabbie -it's pure dead ignorance I reckon😵

You see, TerrierJack was talking about a common case known as "failure of the person to recognize that her/ his mind can take countless forms". Very often the mind can adopt some "forms" in such a length that the person could believe that this shape/ belief/ form actually exist and stand alone within and/ or above the universe as "absolute truth". Once the person validates with her/ his intelligence that this “form” is “really an absolute truth”, s/he ends up well trapped inside her/ his preoccupations.

Since the meditator is aware of this common entrapment, when buccky said earlier that he was using (in vain) some (undefined) meditation techniques and finally he offered his opinion, TerrierJack answered to him properly regarding that opinion at the proper level of awareness
    😵
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 11:51
    perfect in their righteousness? what does that mean, and are you a sinner or are you not?
    Jesus gives clues as to what He saw as perfect righteousness in Matthew 5:20-48.

You haven't addressed my previous post:
    "To be more precise, I have asserted that Jesus says that his followers must become perfect in their righteousness simply because that's what he states. How does your assertion logically follow from that?"

Show how your assertion logically follows. Show how your assertion makes sense. If you cannot do this, then it supports my assertion that "you're in no position to call out those who 'do not make sense'".
  12. Orillia, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 12:53
    That was great advice.
  13. Orillia, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 12:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There is no God. Everybody knows it. I am sure that deep down you know that I am right. You are just so scared of death that you cannot face it. You are so scared that you will die that you hold on to your beliefs even to the extent of denying the existence of atheists as even the slightest doubt by anyone might pop your bubble.

Do you see where such r ...[text shortened]... I do not believe that there is a creator nor do I have even the slightest doubt on the matter.
    Although I disagree with your belief in the non existence of God, I do appreciate your logic. Assertions such as, "...everyone knows ..." accomplish nothing.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:18
    Jesus gives clues as to what He saw as perfect righteousness in Matthew 5:20-48.

You haven't addressed my previous post:
    "To be more precise, I have asserted that Jesus says that his followers must become perfect in their righteousness simply because that's what he states. How does your assertion logically follow from that?"

Show how your assertion ...[text shortened]... ts my assertion that "you're in no position to call out those who 'do not make sense'".
    when you admit that either one, you are a sinner, or two, that you are not, then the logic of my statement shall become self evident, so are you or are you not, or are you still intent on taking the fifth amendment lest you incriminate yourself. it is to laugh!!!!!!!!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    This is no minimalism Rabbie -it's pure dead ignorance I reckon😵

You see, TerrierJack was talking about a common case known as "failure of the person to recognize that her/ his mind can take countless forms". Very often the mind can adopt some "forms" in such a length that the person could believe that this shape/ belief/ form actually exist and sta Jack answered to him properly regarding that opinion at the proper level of awareness
    😵
    ah yes beetle to be sure, but the ancient King observed that the swift do not always have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise have all the resources, nor the understanding ones the riches, nor even those having knowledge the favour! 🙂 everything holy my friend, including the first chicken that laid the first on dotted dee four egg!😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree