1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 16:17
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Interesting. Let me ask this: what if someone acts with the kind of love that you are talking about (i.e. the very agape that God is), but within the context of some other religion, or non-religion? For whatever reason?

I don’t intend that as a “trap” question—and I’ll tell you the lines along which I am thinking: the early church father Just ...[text shortened]... incarnation of agape. Etc., etc.

Anyway, interested in your further thoughts on this.
    To answer your question, Paul already states it in the scripture. He says, "for those who know the law they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts."

This opens the understanding that true love, which only can come from God, opens the door (so to speak) for all of God's children. And to me all people on the planet are God's children, whether they know it or not.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 16:29
    Interesting. Let me ask this: what if someone acts with the kind of love that you are talking about (i.e. the very agape that God is), but within the context of some other religion, or non-religion? For whatever reason?

I don’t intend that as a “trap” question—and I’ll tell you the lines along which I am thinking: the early church father Just ...[text shortened]... incarnation of agape. Etc., etc.

If you wish to understand the level of where i come from. The depth of my spirituality, i invite you to read some of my comments in the thread called "What the world would look like if all people".

I know Twhead feels he is having fun with me, but that is ok. Those who want to believe will and others won't.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 02:21

How can work with God's love without God?
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 10:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Also, 'accept' has different levels:

- I don't accept that your behavior is morally right, though I can live with the fact that we disagree. It's your life.
    - I think your behavior is egregiously wrong and every time the topic comes up I feel obligated to vehemently disagree with you; however, I accept that it is not my place to interfere, despite my ...[text shortened]... e way. (Even here I may accept that there are certain ways of stopping you that are off-limits.)
    At some point choices are made, accept this and you still have me in your
    life in a way that makes us happy, or not. It is a judgment call, one each
    person will have to make when confronted with something disagreeable that
    cuts against their moral code, and if they believe in a standard that comes
    from something greater than themselves like God, than God's standard too.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree