1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 15:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama is an empty suit.
    No, you're treating him as an empty suit. A brown empty suit, oh horrors of horrors.

twitehead is right - your attitude towards those different from you is decidedly un-Christian.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    No, you're treating him as an empty suit. A brown empty suit, oh horrors of horrors.

twitehead is right - your attitude towards those different from you is decidedly un-Christian.
    Is it unchristian to speak out against men who support genocidal activity like the abortion industry? To date, over 55 million unborn children have been slaughtered.

Why are not more Christians speaking out do you reckon? Perhaps many Christians secretly like the convenience of having abortions themselves.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 17:25
    What do you reckon Jesus resolved by calling the religious leaders of his day hypocrites and asps?
    Very little. But how is that relevant?

The religious leaders of his day feigned support for the poor, while their lives did not reflect this fact. This is just like our political leaders of our day. They whine about the rich and how they need to help the poor more, while the situation just gets worse despite their laws that they pass.

In the end, all that ends up happening is that their power increases while they throw a few crumbs under the table for the dogs to lap up as a reward.

And how is this relevant?
    I must also note, that those leaders seem like much nicer people than you are. You don't even whine about helping the poor, you only whine about helping yourself.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 17:29
    Is it unchristian to speak out against men who support genocidal activity like the abortion industry? To date, over 55 million unborn children have been slaughtered.
    It is unchristian and unloving to daily lie about them for political ends.

Why are not more Christians speaking out do you reckon? Perhaps many Christians secretly like the convenience of having abortions themselves.
    Perhaps many Christians disagree with you about whether or not abortion is 'genocidal activity'. If you loved them, you might be able to see it from their perspective and be a bit more understanding. Instead, all I see is hate coming from you.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 17:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Very little. But how is that relevant?

[b]The religious leaders of his day feigned support for the poor, while their lives did not reflect this fact. This is just like our political leaders of our day. They whine about the rich and how they need to help the poor more, while the situation just gets worse despite their laws that they pass.

In the en ...[text shortened]... han you are. You don't even whine about helping the poor, you only whine about helping yourself.
    I am speaking out to help the most vulnerable among us in the unborn, those who can't speak for themselves nor do they have the vast riches made by the abortion industry
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 17:341 edit
    It is unchristian and unloving to daily lie about them for political ends.

[b]Why are not more Christians speaking out do you reckon? Perhaps many Christians secretly like the convenience of having abortions themselves.

Perhaps many Christians disagree with you about whether or not abortion is 'genocidal activity'. If you loved them, you might b ...[text shortened]... m their perspective and be a bit more understanding. Instead, all I see is hate coming from you.[/b]
    Very true. I'm sure many Christians over look the teachings in church about abortion and just think it is no big deal.

In fact, the divorce rate is pretty high as well among "Christians", even though Jesus specifically calls out those who divorce and remarry.

This is why the country is in the state it is in, and will only get worse.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:38
    I am speaking out to help the most vulnerable among us in the unborn, those who can't speak for themselves nor do they have the vast riches made by the abortion industry
    Well you are not helping them. You are actually hurting anti-abortion campaigns with all your lies.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 19:40
    Very true. I'm sure many Christians over look the teachings in church about abortion and just think it is no big deal.
    More likely, they go to a different Church than you do.

In fact, the divorce rate is pretty high as well among "Christians", even though Jesus specifically calls out those who divorce and remarry.
    Well if you feel you can get away with being unchristian, I am sure they do to. Very few Christians take all of Jesus' words seriously, and you are no exception.

This is why the country is in the state it is in, and will only get worse.
    No, the country is in the state its in because of people like you. Your hate an negativity damages the country more than divorce ever will.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 20:04
    Well you are not helping them. You are actually hurting anti-abortion campaigns with all your lies.
    An anti-abortion movement based on begging the question [i.e., assuming that abortion is immoral without proving why it is immoral] is destined to hurt itself at every turn, for it is living in denial of the fact that millions of their opponents honestly do not think it is immoral.

They attempt to engage the issue without engaging its fundamental question, and then wonder why no gears turn in response. [This also frees up the other side to do the same, since the status quo favors them.]
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 20:172 edits

What is unchristian about confronting evil lies with truth?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    An anti-abortion movement based on begging the question [i.e., assuming that abortion is immoral without proving why it is immoral] is destined to hurt itself at every turn, for it is living in denial of the fact that millions of their opponents honestly do not think it is immoral.

They attempt to engage the issue without engaging its fundam ...[text shortened]... se. [This also frees up the other side to do the same, since the status quo favors them.]
    How do you prove something is living when someone does not want to
    acknowledge it, or worse acknowledge it, but then says another's desires
    is more important that that life? It is a moral value judgment, and it is the
    hearts and minds of those debating where the real battle is. I don't care
    who is in power and what the laws are on the books abortions will or will
    not be done if those unborn are not valued.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:25
    Yeah, it means "Texas".
    That is insulting, but I guess you knew that.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is insulting, but I guess you knew that.
    Insulting? But wasn't it you ~ a page or two ago ~ who was suggesting that whodey was a "rat" in one of his "rat holes"?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 22:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is unchristian about confronting evil lies with truth?
    What "evil lies"?

For that matter, what "truth"?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Feb '15 23:43
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you prove something is living when someone does not want to
    acknowledge it, or worse acknowledge it, but then says another's desires
    is more important that that life? It is a moral value judgment, and it is the
    hearts and minds of those debating where the real battle is. I don't care
    who is in power and what the laws are on the books abortions will or will
    not be done if those unborn are not valued.
    So tell me something I don't know. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree