1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    15 Jan '18 06:48
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

    !!!
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8544
    15 Jan '18 11:50
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

    !!!
    To be aware that you are dreaming is a beautiful state of mind, something I have only experienced a couple of times in my life. This awareness gives you control over your dream, and I recall clearly flying over a field and feeling indescribably happy.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    16 Jan '18 03:37
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

    !!!
    In my thirties and forties I used to get a lucid dream maybe 10 times a year.
    Researched it a little.

    I always had trouble sustaining the dream and would wake up most annoyed!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    27 Jan '18 00:01
    butterfly bomb

    Using dream control the nightmares are banished. True story. There are still uncomfortable dreams, like of bugs, or alien invasion, or ZOMBIES. I decided to use dream control to let me build fireballs, because I'm tired of running and everyone knows fire hurts zombies.

    Roll your hands together to build the element, and then toss it, straight line. The fireball will explode on contact. Zombies don't like this!

    So I had another zombie dream and I remembered my intention, so I build the fireball and then toss it! Straight line! Into a mob of zombies! And it explodes

    into a flutter of butterflies.

    I am convinced I'm not gay. But I guess that's another story.
  5. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    27 Jan '18 01:41
    Originally posted by @apathist
    butterfly bomb

    Using dream control the nightmares are banished. True story. There are still uncomfortable dreams, like of bugs, or alien invasion, or ZOMBIES. I decided to use dream control to let me build fireballs, because I'm tired of running and everyone knows fire hurts zombies.

    Roll your hands together to build the element, and then toss it, s ...[text shortened]... into a flutter of butterflies.

    I am convinced I'm not gay. But I guess that's another story.
    Well, not to burst your bubble, but they are on the list...

    Reveal Hidden Content
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    27 Jan '18 03:25
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [b]Well, not to burst your bubble, but they are on the list...

    [hidden]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/hidden]
    What, a list of critters with cortex?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    02 Feb '18 02:58
    We spend maybe a 1/4 of our lives ASLEEP. Let's not talk about it, or write about it, or think about it, or make any plans.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    02 Feb '18 05:08
    Originally posted by @apathist
    We spend maybe a 1/4 of our lives ASLEEP. Let's not talk about it, or write about it, or think about it, or make any plans.
    Up to a third, if one sleeps 8 hours a night.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    03 Feb '18 05:061 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Up to a third, if one sleeps 8 hours a night.
    And large chunks of each sleep period are spent dreaming. We have experiences of all sorts while asleep. Typically we awake with no memory of those experiences. Sometimes we know we just went through a lot of experiences but can't quite remember what happened.

    Fascinating. </spock>
  10. Seoul, South Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    12908
    03 Feb '18 05:11
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

    !!!
    Honestly, I think it isn't confusing.

    I've read the Chuang-tzu piece about dreaming you were a butterfly and then not knowing, when you woke up, if you were the butterfly or you, lol, but, at the end of the day, there isn't much confusion.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91623
    03 Feb '18 22:24
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

    !!!
    2 proper lucid dreams. long time ago mind you.

    hard to know what to do when you realize that the fridge has nothing you need 🙂
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    04 Feb '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Honestly, I think it isn't confusing.

    I've read the Chuang-tzu piece about dreaming you were a butterfly and then not knowing, when you woke up, if you were the butterfly or you, lol, but, at the end of the day, there isn't much confusion.
    We don't have trouble determining when we are awake in reality.

    The human brain creates reality, in a way. Everything we experience depends on the brain producing that experience, right? And we know it creates dream worlds that easily fool us. Virtual reality.

    Even our best comprehension of the real world is full of virtual reality manipulation. The blind spot, for example. Or synesthesia! Our impressions of reality are due to a virtual construction!

    We don't perceive reality, we only perceive the virtual constructs produced by our brains.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91623
    04 Feb '18 05:37
    Originally posted by @apathist
    We don't have trouble determining when we are awake in reality.

    The human brain creates reality, in a way. Everything we experience depends on the brain producing that experience, right? And we know it creates dream worlds that easily fool us. Virtual reality.

    Even our best comprehension of the real world is full of virtual reality manipulation. Th ...[text shortened]... !

    We don't perceive reality, we only perceive the virtual constructs produced by our brains.
    yep
Back to Top