1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 06:48
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

!!!
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 11:50
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you ever woke up in your dreams? It is not all or nothing. I can see how uneducated or primitive people would get confused. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming but still think the dream is real.

!!!
    To be aware that you are dreaming is a beautiful state of mind, something I have only experienced a couple of times in my life. This awareness gives you control over your dream, and I recall clearly flying over a field and feeling indescribably happy.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 03:37

!!!
    In my thirties and forties I used to get a lucid dream maybe 10 times a year.
    Researched it a little.

I always had trouble sustaining the dream and would wake up most annoyed!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 00:01
    butterfly bomb

Using dream control the nightmares are banished. True story. There are still uncomfortable dreams, like of bugs, or alien invasion, or ZOMBIES. I decided to use dream control to let me build fireballs, because I'm tired of running and everyone knows fire hurts zombies.

Roll your hands together to build the element, and then toss it, straight line. The fireball will explode on contact. Zombies don't like this!

So I had another zombie dream and I remembered my intention, so I build the fireball and then toss it! Straight line! Into a mob of zombies! And it explodes

into a flutter of butterflies.

I am convinced I'm not gay. But I guess that's another story.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 01:41
    butterfly bomb

Using dream control the nightmares are banished. True story. There are still uncomfortable dreams, like of bugs, or alien invasion, or ZOMBIES. I decided to use dream control to let me build fireballs, because I'm tired of running and everyone knows fire hurts zombies.

Roll your hands together to build the element, and then toss it, s ...[text shortened]... into a flutter of butterflies.

I am convinced I'm not gay. But I guess that's another story.
    Well, not to burst your bubble, but they are on the list...

Reveal Hidden Content
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 03:25
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [b]Well, not to burst your bubble, but they are on the list...

[hidden]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/hidden]
    What, a list of critters with cortex?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Feb '18 02:58
    We spend maybe a 1/4 of our lives ASLEEP. Let's not talk about it, or write about it, or think about it, or make any plans.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '18 05:08
    We spend maybe a 1/4 of our lives ASLEEP. Let's not talk about it, or write about it, or think about it, or make any plans.
    Up to a third, if one sleeps 8 hours a night.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:061 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Up to a third, if one sleeps 8 hours a night.
    And large chunks of each sleep period are spent dreaming. We have experiences of all sorts while asleep. Typically we awake with no memory of those experiences. Sometimes we know we just went through a lot of experiences but can't quite remember what happened.

Fascinating. </spock>
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:11

!!!
    Honestly, I think it isn't confusing.

I've read the Chuang-tzu piece about dreaming you were a butterfly and then not knowing, when you woke up, if you were the butterfly or you, lol, but, at the end of the day, there isn't much confusion.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 22:24

!!!
    2 proper lucid dreams. long time ago mind you.

hard to know what to do when you realize that the fridge has nothing you need 🙂
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Honestly, I think it isn't confusing.

I've read the Chuang-tzu piece about dreaming you were a butterfly and then not knowing, when you woke up, if you were the butterfly or you, lol, but, at the end of the day, there isn't much confusion.
    We don't have trouble determining when we are awake in reality.

The human brain creates reality, in a way. Everything we experience depends on the brain producing that experience, right? And we know it creates dream worlds that easily fool us. Virtual reality.

Even our best comprehension of the real world is full of virtual reality manipulation. The blind spot, for example. Or synesthesia! Our impressions of reality are due to a virtual construction!

We don't perceive reality, we only perceive the virtual constructs produced by our brains.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 05:37
    We don't have trouble determining when we are awake in reality.

The human brain creates reality, in a way. Everything we experience depends on the brain producing that experience, right? And we know it creates dream worlds that easily fool us. Virtual reality.

Even our best comprehension of the real world is full of virtual reality manipulation. Th ...[text shortened]... !

We don't perceive reality, we only perceive the virtual constructs produced by our brains.
    yep

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree