Moves
    28 Jun '15 16:50
    rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 17:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Alas, i believe it will be argued that not all our names will be registered there.

The parallel is often made with a king taking the census of his people, as distinguished from aliens and foreigners.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 17:051 edit
    The delusion of believing that everything Christ said applies to you:

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:17-20 KJV)

Teacher : Now class ... Whose names are written in heaven?
    RBHill : Mine
    Teacher : Wrong RBHILL. Write 100 times..."The names of the 70 disciples are written in heaven .. NOT MINE"
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 18:34
    If I get my name changed, will I manage to get out of heaven?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 18:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If I get my name changed, will I manage to get out of heaven?
    If Satan did it then I guess you can as well. No need for a name change.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999

[i]And [b]the seventy returned
    again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the ene ...[text shortened]... ILL. Write 100 times..."The names of the 70 disciples are written in heaven .. NOT MINE"[/b]
    Don't fall under your own stated delusion.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't fall under your own stated delusion.
    RBHill said that Christ saying something specifically to 70 disciples also applies to him [apparently]. Give me an example me doing the same thing.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:20
    RBHill said that Christ saying something specifically to 70 disciples also applies to him [apparently]. Give me an example me doing the same thing.
    How can you say what was said by Christ that was specifically for you, it for me or for anyone for that matter? Furthermore, what about the rest of the NT epistles and even the entire Bible?
    Your argument that specific scriptures are meant or not meant for specific groups of people is a nonsense; an error in fact.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:26
    How can you say what was said by Christ that was specifically for you, it for me or for anyone for that matter? Furthermore, what about the rest of the NT epistles and even the entire Bible?
    Your argument that specific scriptures are meant or not meant for specific groups of people is a nonsense; an error in fact.
    Its simple. Read the context or surrounding passage. In the case given in the opening post Christ is speaking to 70 disciples. Do you deny that?

There are cases where Christ speaks generally eg in the sermon on the mount... these are general guidelines for all people. In some cases he speak directly to a certain group eg Mat 23 he speaks to the Scribes & Pharisees.

Quite often the context makes it easy to figure out.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:34
    Its simple. Read the context or surrounding passage. In the case given in the opening post Christ is speaking to 70 disciples. Do you deny that?

There are cases where Christ speaks generally eg in the sermon on the mount... these are general guidelines for all people. In some cases he speak directly to a certain group eg Mat 23 he speaks to the Scribes & Pharisees.

Quite often the context makes it easy to figure out.
    So when christ speaks to the disciples it only meant for them?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 19:41
    So when christ speaks to the disciples it only meant for them?
    Depends on the context. Maybe if you provide a particular case I can answer. In the case given in the opening post Christ statement about names written in heaven applied to the 70 disciples. Thats my opinion. Of course you are entitled to yours.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 21:05
    Depends on the context. Maybe if you provide a particular case I can answer. In the case given in the opening post Christ statement about names written in heaven applied to the 70 disciples. Thats my opinion. Of course you are entitled to yours.
    I am entitled yes, and I think you are using this protocol as a method of filtration to support your dogma.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 21:57
    I am entitled yes, and I think you are using this protocol as a method of filtration to support your dogma.
    Dogma? I agree with everything Christ said [that is applicable to me], that was not specifically meant for others. I apply it to me no matter the consequences. That does not mean that I do it all the time but I do not explain it away or water it down like some do here.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 00:17

[i]And [b]the seventy returned
    again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the ene ...[text shortened]... ILL. Write 100 times..."The names of the 70 disciples are written in heaven .. NOT MINE"[/b]
    Still those 70 were O.S.A.S.!
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 02:041 edit
    Still those 70 were O.S.A.S.!
    Actually, NO!! Those 70 were promised a guaranteed place in the Kingdom of God. Many others received such a guarantee in the time of Christ.

There is no such thing as once saved always saved in the Bible pal. OSAS is a man-made expression designed to draw the gullible to give money to the churches. If any of those 70 had committed a sin that is unforgivable then they would not have a place in Gods Kingdom.

Judas is such an example. No such thing as once saved always saved. Its an unbiblical and a childish concept designed to fool stupid people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree