Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by caissad4
For over a thousand years when someone said "the church" or Christianity it meant only one thing: the Catholic Church...
Only in the last 500 years has Christianity split into cults which became sects.
Sort of like embracing your father but rejecting (and refusing to recognize) your grandfather. Silly Abrahamic religions. 🙄🙄
Christianity actual referred to the Catholic or Universal Christian Church. Before the split of the protestant Christian churches from the Roman Catholic Church there was the split between the Roman and Eastern Orthodox Christian Church and I believe there was also a coptic Christian church in Egypt.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christianity actual referred to the Catholic or Universal Christian Church. Before the split of the protestant Christian churches from the Roman Catholic Church there was the split between the Roman and Eastern Orthodox Christian Church and I believe there was also a coptic Christian church in Egypt.
I believe Coptic Christians were persecuted by Christians as heretics.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

I have noticed that you believe many false things. 😏

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Jul 15

I have noticed that you believe many false things. 😏
I believe you are the most willfully ignorant person I have ever encountered.
I believe a willfully ignorant person is a fool.

Moves
01 Jul 15

How's the headache?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

(2 Peter 3:2-7 KJV)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

Muslim groups attack Egyptian Copts over church honoring Christians killed by ISIS

Relatives of the Coptic Christians beheaded last month by jihadists in Libya – their deaths immortalized in a gory video set against the backdrop of a Mediterranean beach – are facing new extremist-Muslim violence as they seek to build a church to honor their murdered loved ones.

An angry mob in the Upper Egyptian village of Al Our – the proposed site of the church because it was home to 13 of the 21 Christians murdered in the mass “beachfront” decapitation – descended on the community’s current church after the midday Islamic prayer Friday and chanted that they’d never allow construction of the new place of worship to begin, witnesses told Egyptian activists in the U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/06/egyptian-copts-attacked-for-seeking-church-dedicated-to-workers-killed-by-isis/

Moves
01 Jul 15

I was going to say that I agree with you, but I can't because you're an atheist and I'm a Christian and according to Suzianne this a bad thing and likely to be a conspiracy of some sort.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I was going to say that I agree with you, but I can't because you're an atheist and I'm a Christian and according to Suzianne this a bad thing and likely to be a conspiracy of some sort.
Incorrect ! I am agnostic. Your post hints of a Christian conspiracy to label all non-Christians as atheists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 15

Incorrect ! I am agnostic. Your post hints of a Christian conspiracy to label all non-Christians as atheists.
Being an agnostic makes you an "UNBELIEVER" and that is just as bad as an atheist for .....
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
02 Jul 15

[b]Being an agnostic makes you an "UNBELIEVER" and that is just as bad as an atheist for .....
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)[/b]
More Christians persecuting others solely due to their beliefs. Things don't change, people just change places (name the movie that theme comes from).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

More Christians persecuting others solely due to their beliefs. Things don't change, people just change places (name the movie that theme comes from).
Persecution of Christians reached historic levels in 2014. Will 2015 be worse?

From imprisonment to torture to beheadings, more Christians worldwide live in fear for their lives than at any time in the modern era.

That’s the message from Open Doors USA, which released its annual World Watch List on Wednesday (Jan. 7). Christian persecution reached historic levels in 2014, with approximately 100 million Christians around the world facing possible dire consequences for merely practicing their religion, according to the report. If current trends persist, many believe 2015 could be even worse.

“In regions where Christians are being persecuted as central targets, the trends and issues we track are expanding,” said David Curry, president of Open Doors, a nonprofit that aids persecuted Christians in the most oppressive countries and ranks nations based on the severity of persecution.

North Korea tops Open Doors’ list as the worst oppressor of Christians for the 13th consecutive year, but the list is dominated by African and Middle Eastern nations. Iraq, which experienced the mass displacement of Christians from its northern region, ranked third. Syria was listed fourth, due to the reign of ISIS in that war-torn region. Nigeria ranked 10th, due in part to the more than 1,000 Christians murdered or kidnapped by terrorist groups such as Boko Haram. Also included in the top 10 are Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iran, Pakistan and Eritrea.

http://www.religionnews.com/2015/01/07/persecution-christians-reached-historic-levels-2014-will-2015-worse/

Persecution : Christian Persecution by Muslims reached historic levels in 2014 (Jan 07, 2015)

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
02 Jul 15

[quote]Persecution of Christians reached historic levels in 2014. Will 2015 be worse?

From imprisonment to torture to beheadings, more Christians worldwide live in fear for their lives than at any time in the modern era.

That’s the message from Open Doors USA, which released its annual World Watch List on Wednesday (Jan. 7). Christian persecution reac ...[text shortened]... religionnews.com/2015/01/07/persecution-christians-reached-historic-levels-2014-will-2015-worse/
Dang, they are almost as badly behaved as Christians have been. Equally evil religions.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 15

Dang, they are almost as badly behaved as Christians have been. Equally evil religions.
You don't understand what persecuting is if you believe a Christian warning is persecution.
Support builds for ailing Pakistani Christian facing death for drinking from Muslim water cup

A Pakistani Christian woman facing death for drinking water out of the same vessel used by her Muslim co-workers is in such poor health her supporters fear she won't make it to her date with the executioner.

Aasiya Noreen, a wife and mother of five better known as Asia Bibi, was sentenced in 2010 to be hanged for apostasy. The grim verdict was handed down after her co-workers charged she had insulted Prophet Mohammed when she was told she could not share the water vessel. Now 50, Bibi is suffering from numerous health problems, including intestinal bleeding, according to Global Dispatch, which cited Bibi's family in reporting the woman is “so weak she could hardly walk.”

“She is an exemplar of a gross miscarriage of injustice rooted in Pakistan’s extremely unfair blasphemy laws and of how this law can victimize someone who should not be inside the criminal justice system whatsoever,” said Phelim Kine, deputy director of Human Rights Watch’s Asia Division.

Supporters of Bibi are calling on the U.S. to use the approximately $900 million in annual foreign aid it provides Pakistan as leverage to obtain justice for Bibi and others suffering under the Muslim nation's Draconian blasphemy laws. The Center for Research and Security Studies, which identified 247 blasphemy cases prosecuted in Pakistan since 1987 and found many were used to persecute religious minorities and settle personal scores.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/29/support-builds-for-ailing-pakistani-christian-facing-death-for-drinking-from/

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

I apologise, I thought you were an atheist 🙂