Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by chaney3
Lol, lol. Do you guys realize that if the Bible was at all clear about anything, there would be no need for 200 different types of Christian denominations. There would be no need to have a different name, Catholics. Some of religion is completely absurd. And yes, some of what is in the Bible, is also absurd.
So, do you consider Catholics to be Christians, yes or no?

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
So, do you consider Catholics to be Christians, yes or no?
Let me ask you this FMF.....since you seem to love beating a question to death until an answer is provided. What is the definition of a Christian? Precisely. Does one just have to believe that Jesus existed? Does one need to believe Jesus is the Son of God? Or, does one need to believe that Jesus is God Himself, or part of a Trinity, of part of a Godhead? What is your definition of a Christian?

I am asking you because you had once said that you were ONCE a Christian, but not anymore. What does that mean?

F

Moves
29 Jun 15

I am asking you because you had once said that you were ONCE a Christian, but not anymore. What does that mean?
It means that I used to be a Christian but I am not one anymore.

F

Moves
29 Jun 15

Let me ask you this FMF.....since you seem to love beating a question to death until an answer is provided. What is the definition of a Christian? Precisely. Does one just have to believe that Jesus existed? Does one need to believe Jesus is the Son of God? Or, does one need to believe that Jesus is God Himself, or part of a Trinity, of part of a Godhead? What is your definition of a Christian?
You said, on the previous page: "So, the God in the Old Testament is specifically for Christians only? I was not aware of that......please inform the Catholics, JW, and Jews." In light of you saying this, I am asking you: "Do you consider Catholics to be Christians?" I obviously do, as I have said many dozens of times in discussions here. What about you?

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
You said, on the previous page: "So, the God in the Old Testament is specifically for Christians only? I was not aware of that......please inform the Catholics, JW, and Jews." In light of you saying this, I am asking you: "Do you consider Catholics to be Christians?" I obviously do, as I have said many dozens of times in discussions here. What about you?
I really don't know. If they are the same, why the need for different terminology? Maybe I can be educated here. I asked you what were the precise requirements to be a Christian. Are you going to tell me? What does it mean to call yourself a Christian? Not you personally, but others.

F

Moves
29 Jun 15

I really don't know. If they are the same, why the need for different terminology?
It is YOU who used the different terminology. Why do you feel the need for the different terminology?

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
It is YOU who used the different terminology. Why do you feel the need for the different terminology?
Catholics and Christians have similar beliefs, but are not the same thing. If they were the same thing, no need for the different names FMF. This answer should satisfy you, and discourage the need for 800 more posts.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

Catholics and Christians have similar beliefs, but are not the same thing. If they were the same thing, no need for the different names FMF. This answer should satisfy you, and discourage the need for 800 more posts.
But you are not answering the question. Catholics consider themselves Christians, but you said on page 3:

So, the God in the Old Testament is specifically for Christians only? I was not aware of that......please inform the Catholics, JW, and Jews.

The question from FMF was: don't you consider Catholics to be Christian? Or are you assuming that because they have a different denominational that name they are not Christian?

F

Moves
29 Jun 15

In the Indonesian language, and indeed according to the 1945 constitution too, there is a differentiation between Kristen and Katolik which can be a bit confusing to speakers of English because of the similarity to the English words. The two words in fact owe their existence to the Dutch language. In English, to avoid confusion here in Indonesia, Kristen is best translated as 'Protestant'.

Of course, I grew up in a country that was also home to the Rev. Ian Paisley and I have met on my travels a fair few boggle-eyed fanatical Protestants who do not consider Catholics to be Christians ~ even though they are also followers of Christ, subscribe to the same literature, and whose doctrinal differences with fellow Christians are not necessarily always as significant as those that exist between different Protestant groups.

F

Moves
29 Jun 15
2 edits

Catholics and Christians have similar beliefs, but are not the same thing. If they were the same thing, no need for the different names FMF.
Are Methodists and Christians different things? Are Baptists and Christians different things? Are Pentecostals and Christians different things? Are Anglicans and Christians different things? Why are there different names for the denominations I mentioned? And why - in your view - does having a different name somehow turn Christians into 'not-Christians'?

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
But you are not answering the question. Catholics consider themselves Christians, but you said on page 3:

[b]So, the God in the Old Testament is specifically for Christians only? I was not aware of that......please inform the Catholics, JW, and Jews.

The question from FMF was: don't you consider Catholics to be Ch ...[text shortened]... you assuming that because they have a different denominational that name they are not Christian?[/b]
What is it with YOU and FMF????

I am not going to have an 800 long post session about the variations of Catholics and Christians. The reason for my comment was because YOU said that one can only discuss the matter of God if they are a Christian. That is the point!!!!

If you and FMF want to continue the discussion of Catholics and Christians, go ahead. I am more interested in the origin of sin, whether good works get you into Heaven, or if believing that once Jesus was crucified, that we are all saved, hence the thread.

You 2 are crazy nuts that completely take over a thread with never ending questions that have nothing to do with the OP. I am interested in the OSAS narrative. Do either of you 2 have anything to say about it?

F

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

So, the God in the Old Testament is specifically for Christians only? I was not aware of that......please inform the Catholics, JW, and Jews.
What justification do you have for differentiating between Catholics and Christians?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15

What is it with YOU and FMF????

I am not going to have an 800 long post session about the variations of Catholics and Christians. The reason for my comment was because YOU said that one can only discuss the matter of God if they are a Christian. That is the point!!!!

If you and FMF want to continue the discussion of Catholics and Christians, go ahead ...[text shortened]... e OP. I am interested in the OSAS narrative. Do either of you 2 have anything to say about it?
When you first started posting your stance was to feign interest and ask questions and I for one took you at your word and spent some time constructing responses which you either ignored or pissed away with some trite comments. When pressed you refused to say whether you were Christian or not, preferring instead to peruse FMF on what he believes. Now you seem to be making quite a lot of unsubstantiated claims about religion and in particular Christianity; Rajk999 has already called you on it in this thread asking you to come up with scriptures to back up your claims instead of posting like a teenager, as he put it.

I guess what I'm saying in a rather long-winded roundabout sort of way, is that I'm beginning to suspect you may be a bit of a twit.

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
When you first started posting your stance was to feign interest and ask questions and I for one took you at your word and spent some time constructing responses which you either ignored or pissed away with some trite comments. When pressed you refused to say whether you were Christian or not, preferring instead to peruse FMF on what he believes. Now you ...[text shortened]... long-winded roundabout sort of way, is that I'm beginning to suspect you may be a bit of a twit.
I don't care what your opinion is!!! If I have taken an interest in your Spectators thread, it is for this reason: You clearly are NOT satisfied with what is written in the Bible, especially Revelation. You once even stated that you were ready to throw out the New Testament in its entirety. So, now, you will ONLY be happy when another person quotes from that very same Bible?

I have read your posts, and you....along with FMF have both acted like twits!!! How about if you stop looking at the 'speck' in my eye, and focus on the tree branch that's in yours......I think that's in the Bible somewhere......but, I guess you would only like to know that scripture if it suits you. Twit.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

I don't care what your opinion is!!! If I have taken an interest in your Spectators thread, it is for this reason: You clearly are NOT satisfied with what is written in the Bible, especially Revelation. You once even stated that you were ready to throw out the New Testament in its entirety. So, now, you will ONLY be happy when another person quotes from ...[text shortened]... e somewhere......but, I guess you would only like to know that scripture if it suits you. Twit.
Robbie carrobie also showed you some respect and you responded by asking him if he thought Jesus ever got a hard-on. Is that sort of question to a committed Jehovah's Witness representative of you showing genuine interest?