1. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 22:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I follow the Zen "doctrine" the most. (If any)
    Zen teches "sudden (or instant) enlightenment".

While their may be a gradual aspect to this "waking up", the satori itself is never lukewarm. It is never half-hearted or gradual.
    I wish Vish would have an instantaneous enlightenment.
    I just had a sudden self realization- I don't know myself amongst the context of things. So I decided to let go of my convictions and look out at everything

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TAm9S4IMSGg/ScCZCq_D2uI/AAAAAAAAE5A/1tRlDbCDDFk/s1600-h/Huxisanxiaotu.jpg
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 02:15
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    There is one God, one religion and one truth, and that one religion is the one, that "distinguish,s reality from illusion" for the welfare of mankind.

If false religion pampers to the materialistic desires of people, then we find them teaching irreligion, and midirecting the whole world....and therefore the whole world is misdirected, and I mean the wh ...[text shortened]... ire lives believing the wrong thing, and not making any advancement in their spiritual life.
    Your truth is the only correct truth, because you say so? What makes your opinion
    above all others? Still waiting to hear from you why your that important.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 04:491 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Your truth is the only correct truth, because you say so? What makes your opinion
    above all others? Still waiting to hear from you why your that important.
    Kelly
    I accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, but it doesnt end there, because when the truth is taken into the heart and mind and contemplated, it resonates within, and the realization comes to a solid platform, for the sincere person.

But when an untruth is taken into the heart and mind, by an honest person, and is contemplated, it doesnt become a realization, because it doesn,t resonate within.

A dishonest person may hear an untruth, and accept it, because it serves their materialistic agenda.

When a person takes on a truth and they are sincere, the Lord allows the truth to take root, but if the person is not sincere, then the truth will not take root , and the person remains confused.

Most people in this forum are rejecting truth, because it has not taken root, because of their insincerity.

There are certain scholars in India, who can resite the entire Bhagavad Gita from memory, but they do not have any realization of the truth, because of their insincerity. (they recite for payment) and its a party trick.

Many tourists think they are very spiritual people, but they are just parrots.

When a person studies Vedanta Sutra eagerly and sincerely to understand God, gradually the truth is revealed within, and the authenticy of the Vedanta Sutra becomes self evident, then the person can see everything clearly like when the sun rises, the darkness is removed......and they then can understand every religion for exactly what they are, and the illusion is gone and then they can see all the error, and the truth.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 09:45
    I accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, but it doesnt end there, because when the truth is taken into the heart and mind and contemplated, it resonates within, and the realization comes to a solid platform, for the sincere person.

But when an untruth is taken into the heart and mind, by an honest person, and is contemplated, it doesnt become a rea ...[text shortened]... ctly what they are, and the illusion is gone and then they can see all the error, and the truth.
    Edit: "I accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, but it doesnt end there, because when the truth is taken into the heart and mind and contemplated, it resonates within, and the realization comes to a solid platform, for the sincere person."

Your so called "perfect truth" is based on a blind religious belief and therefore it is neither worse nor better than any other product of the common religious dogmas
    😵
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 14:07

But when an untruth is taken into the heart and mind, by an honest person, and is contemplated, it doesnt become a rea ...[text shortened]... ctly what they are, and the illusion is gone and then they can see all the error, and the truth.
    So what, you accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, I don't, and now I'm
    supposed to accept it is simply because you do? Again, YOU, what makes you so
    important that I have to accept what you think is true over what I do?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 17:20
    So what, you accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, I don't, and now I'm
    supposed to accept it is simply because you do? Again, YOU, what makes you so
    important that I have to accept what you think is true over what I do?
    Kelly
    I have just mentioned three things: 1. you have to be sincere and follow the Vedanta Sutra eagerly. 2. if you are honest and follow number one, the truth will resonate within your heart and you willl know it to be truth. (no blind faith) and 3. when this happens you will become certain of the Authenticy of the Vedanta Sutra.

And another thing, the truth is actualized within and you can directly experience it, which will then become your very own personal proof, and then people may ask you, how do you know of these things?

If the truth that Vedanta Sutra presents does not serve your materialistic agenda, you will probably reject it, and infer that it is not truth....because no one wants to admit that they are rejecting simply on personal grounds.

Why do you personaize it with ME, you should take me out of the equation, and read carefully what is presented instead. (forget me)
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 17:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Edit: "I accept Vedanta Sutra as the perfect truth, but it doesnt end there, because when the truth is taken into the heart and mind and contemplated, it resonates within, and the realization comes to a solid platform, for the sincere person."

Your so called "perfect truth" is based on a blind religious belief and therefore it is neither worse nor better than any other product of the common religious dogmas
    😵
    Dear Sir, truth is......"reality destinguished from illusion for the welfare of mankind" and Vedanta Sutra presents this, and nothing else does.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 06:10
    Dear Sir, truth is......"reality destinguished from illusion for the welfare of mankind" and Vedanta Sutra presents this, and nothing else does.
    Define "reality" and "illusion", and then kindly please explain who is the one who makes the distinction between reality and illusion, and by which means. Then we will see if Vedanta Sutra -the way you perceive it- "presents this, and nothing else", and we will also see whether your religion alone has grasped the so called "absolute truth"
    😵
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 07:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Define "reality" and "illusion", and then kindly please explain who is the one who makes the distinction between reality and illusion, and by which means. Then we will see if Vedanta Sutra -the way you perceive it- "presents this, and nothing else", and we will also see whether your religion alone has grasped the so called "absolute truth"
    😵
    Vedanta sutra makes the distinction between reality and illusion, so if a person accepts that truth, then in time it will become part of their very own consciousness, and they will be on their way to enlightment.

If Vedanta Sutra is not truth, the enlightment wont happen, because you cannot be enlightened by untruth, neither can you raise your consciousness to the transcendental platform, if you accept untruth.

And if you dont raise your consciousness and become enlightened, then you will not develope all the transcendental qualities of a devotee of the Lord, and you will remain in illusion.

Illusion can only be overcome by truth....not untruth.
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 07:46
    Vedanta sutra makes the distinction between reality and illusion, so if a person accepts that truth, then in time it will become part of their very own consciousness, and they will be on their way to enlightment.

If Vedanta Sutra is not truth, the enlightment wont happen, because you cannot be enlightened by untruth, neither can you raise your consciou ...[text shortened]... Lord, and you will remain in illusion.

Illusion can only be overcome by truth....not untruth.
    Vedanta Sutra makes no thing on its own. Vedanta Sutra is a story told by Suta Goswami, therefore Suta Goswami alone makes the supposed "distinction between reality and illusion". Then his audience reads or hears the text, and solely after evaluation one can decide whether or not the text must be discarded in parts or in whole.
    How and by which means did you came to know in person that the specific "truth" narrated by Suta Goswami is not just another religious dogma based on false beliefs?
    😵
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 15:112 edits
    I have just mentioned three things: 1. you have to be sincere and follow the Vedanta Sutra eagerly. 2. if you are honest and follow number one, the truth will resonate within your heart and you willl know it to be truth. (no blind faith) and 3. when this happens you will become certain of the Authenticy of the Vedanta Sutra.

And another thing, the tr ...[text shortened]... ou should take me out of the equation, and read carefully what is presented instead. (forget me)
    The reason I personalize it with you, you are the only source I have for it
    now. I find you out to lunch, with your everyone is a liar if they do not
    agree with you stance. So if that is what happens to someone who follows
    along with your belief system, no thank you.

The rest of what you said I or anyone else can claim for that which we follow
    as well. If your not honest, sincere, and so on what does it matter what
    beliefs you claim to follow? Seriously, very shallow justification here, even
    Mormons major claim to fame is their burning "feeling" they get around the
    truth they claim to have.

Nothing about what you said or you personally stand out as anything more
    than just a personal opinion of yours so far that you are right and everyone
    else is wrong. God is the only one that make that claim with real authority,
    the rest of us are working it out.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 17:32
    The reason I personalize it with you, you are the only source I have for it
    now. I find you out to lunch, with your everyone is a liar if they do not
    agree with you stance. So if that is what happens to someone who follows
    along with your belief system, no thank you.

The rest of what you said I or anyone else can claim for that which we follow
    as wel ...[text shortened]... only one that make that claim with real authority,
    the rest of us are working it out.
    Kelly
    But i am presenting plain truth that cannot be disputed unless one is seriously dishonest in their nature.

I have been saying all along that the soul is eternal, and you are not agreeing, which indicates your understanding of the soul is defective.

Your own bible says:

Jeremiah 31;3 The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness'

This is clearly stating our eternal nature.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 19:16
    But i am presenting plain truth that cannot be disputed unless one is seriously dishonest in their nature.

I have been saying all along that the soul is eternal, and you are not agreeing, which indicates your understanding of the soul is defective.

Your own bible says:

Jeremiah 31;3 The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; "I have loved you ...[text shortened]... ng love; I have drawn you with loving kindness'

Are you ignoring Beetle's question then?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 02:00

Your own bible says:

Jeremiah 31;3 The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; "I have loved you ...[text shortened]... ng love; I have drawn you with loving kindness'

I've been focusing in on you spouting off that if people didn't agree with you and
    your truth they are liars and in error. We have not even gotten to specific points
    about souls or anything else. Attempting to paint me agreeing or disagreeing with
    anything about the soul is a little dishonest on your part since I have not said
    anything about that with you one way or another.

Your version of 'truth' can be disputed, you saying it should just be accepted is
    a little bit much, but it does go to my point you are quite full of yourself if you
    believe that!
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 02:55
    I've been focusing in on you spouting off that if people didn't agree with you and
    your truth they are liars and in error. We have not even gotten to specific points
    about souls or anything else. Attempting to paint me agreeing or disagreeing with
    anything about the soul is a little dishonest on your part since I have not said
    anything about that with y ...[text shortened]... much, but it does go to my point you are quite full of yourself if you
    believe that!
    Kelly
    Christian teachings do not agree that the soul existed before conception, because they say we only have one life......so they have false knowledge, and there are many more errors in Christian teachings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree