madnes /continued

madnes /continued

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Persons on the spiritual path who are serious about the process of spiritual advancement do not partake in alcohol.

The Vedic society would not allow companies to produce it, but a person would be allowed to grow their own grapes on their property and produce their own wine. (there would be no punishment for this.)
I've met plenty o spiritual alcoholics😉

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I've met plenty o spiritual alcoholics😉
Everyone in this world is covered by illusion, and one of the most difficult things to do is become free from it.

To become free from the illusion, a person must study Vedanta and apply the purification process to the day to day living, and then they can gradually wake up from the illusion.

On the way to becoming free from illusion, the person may have a fall down if they become negligent of their spiritual practices, and when this happens they may take refuge in the bottle, or drugs, or sex, or career.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Nov 10

Everyone in this world is covered by illusion, and one of the most difficult things to do is become free from it.

To become free from the illusion, a person must study Vedanta and apply the purification process to the day to day living, and then they can gradually wake up from the illusion.

On the way to becoming free from illusion, the person may h ...[text shortened]... ractices, and when this happens they may take refuge in the bottle, or drugs, or sex, or career.
So you say, but who are you? Why should anyone listen to you? What makes
you so important that if anyone disagrees with you, they are being dishonest?
Kelly

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10
1 edit

On the way to becoming free from illusion, the person may h ...[text shortened]... ractices, and when this happens they may take refuge in the bottle, or drugs, or sex, or career.
Lets just get one thing straight here- To free yourself from illusion is TO FREE YOURSELF FROM ILLUSION. Ok.

Neither in this forum nor in real life have I come across someone so fundamentalistic as yourself.
I know what your saying, I know what the christians are sayiing.
Still , I dont buy this "gradual waking up" of yours. You sure Vedanta is not just a new philosophy to snooooooze by?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10
1 edit

I get the feeling that most of our fellow chess players here are not the type to be taking refuge in sex. Or drugs for that matter.
Despite the fact that you level these accusations against whoever may come along and respond to your postings.

Someone back there thought you were a teenager. You take that as a compliment?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
07 Nov 10
5 edits

Lets just get one thing straight here- To free yourself from illusion is TO FREE YOURSELF FROM ILLUSION. Ok.

Neither in this forum nor in real life have I come across someone so fundamentalistic as yourself.
Still , I dont buy this "gradual waking up" of yours. You sure Vedanta is not just a new philosophy to snooooooze by?
you, you, you...you god hating, cheating, atheistic, child abusing, meat eating, intellectually defective, dishonest fault finding scientist you!...Vedanta is PERFECT!!! 😠

:]

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Nov 10

You know another way to look at this is, it isn't the whole world is so
completely wrong because it disagree with you, it could be your wrong.
Having said that like all people, I'm sure your right some of the time, but
when you are not, your not...no matter what the rest of the world says or
does.
Kelly

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by Agerg
you, you, you...you god hating, cheating, atheistic, child abusing, meat eating, intellectually defective, dishonest fault finding scientist you!...Vedanta is PERFECT!!! 😠

[hidden]:][/hidden]
😀

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
08 Nov 10
1 edit

I get the feeling that most of our fellow chess players here are not the type to be taking refuge in sex. Or drugs for that matter.
Despite the fact that you level these accusations against whoever may come along and respond to your postings.

Someone back there thought you were a teenager. You take that as a compliment?
My post was not personalized to anyone, why have you made it seem so....I simply said that some persons who take to religion, take refuge in the bottle or drugs if they fall of their path. (just confirming what you previously stated)

This problem of twisting statements is un-welcombed, why do it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
You know another way to look at this is, it isn't the whole world is so
completely wrong because it disagree with you, it could be your wrong.
Having said that like all people, I'm sure your right some of the time, but
when you are not, your not...no matter what the rest of the world says or
does.
Kelly
There is one God, one religion and one truth, and that one religion is the one, that "distinguish,s reality from illusion" for the welfare of mankind.

If false religion pampers to the materialistic desires of people, then we find them teaching irreligion, and midirecting the whole world....and therefore the whole world is misdirected, and I mean the whole world, except those who are following the spiritual life properly and have correct knowledge.

Heaven forbid if they hear the truth from someone, because they defend their false teachings to the death saying that its fine to kill Gods creatures, and that we only get one life and its either heaven or hell, but..

What would happen to all the young children who die before they can mature to a proper age, and make an informed choice....do they go to the lake of fire!....or what.

If you love Jesus fine, but Jesus is not God.......so who is loving God?

In the Bible when jesus says ' I and my father are one"....that means God is spiritual and man is spiritual, and it doesnt mean Jesus is God, its incorrect and I really dont like seeing people spend their entire lives believing the wrong thing, and not making any advancement in their spiritual life.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
08 Nov 10

Why are you rejecting simple truth....self realization doesnt come in a flash, but its a gradual waking up....and you are one who should know this from what I have gathered from our earlier talks.

Z

Moves
08 Nov 10

There is one God, one religion and one truth, and that one religion is the one, that "distinguish,s reality from illusion" for the welfare of mankind.

If false religion pampers to the materialistic desires of people, then we find them teaching irreligion, and midirecting the whole world....and therefore the whole world is misdirected, and I mean the wh ...[text shortened]... ire lives believing the wrong thing, and not making any advancement in their spiritual life.
yeh, if father is god and jesus says i and father are one, that means jesus is god. if you don't claim someone invented those words then the logical conclusion is exactly that jesus is god.

but then again, you don't operate to the right parameters. otherwise you couldn't get your conclusion from a simple statement.

common, tell us, are you trolling or are you just that stupid/insane?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
yeh, if father is god and jesus says i and father are one, that means jesus is god. if you don't claim someone invented those words then the logical conclusion is exactly that jesus is god.

but then again, you don't operate to the right parameters. otherwise you couldn't get your conclusion from a simple statement.

common, tell us, are you trolling or are you just that stupid/insane?
Reading vishvahetu's ramblings is like listening to a blind man telling us why *his* favourite colour is best, and that all other colours are stoooopid! 🙄

Z

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by Agerg
Reading vishvahetu's ramblings is like listening to a blind man telling us why *his* favourite colour is best, and that all other colours are stoooopid! 🙄
it's like saying chocapic is the best cereal in the world and everyone eating corn flakes is stooopid.

maybe this isn't the best example because chocapic IS the best cereal in the world and everyone who eats anything else is stooopid.

your turn.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Nov 10

Why are you rejecting simple truth....self realization doesnt come in a flash, but its a gradual waking up....and you are one who should know this from what I have gathered from our earlier talks.
I follow the Zen "doctrine" the most. (If any)
Zen teches "sudden (or instant) enlightenment".

While their may be a gradual aspect to this "waking up", the satori itself is never lukewarm. It is never half-hearted or gradual.