1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:54
    Originally posted by Doward
    "what you have done to the least of these my brethren you have done to me also"

good luck with your philosophy RJ, pretty sure Christ disagrees with you.
    he is one of THOSE christians.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 01:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He also said you should help them. Instead, you are waiting for Jesus to help them.

In fact, Jesus said that the poor represent him, and that those that get into heaven will be those that helped the poor.
    Do you believe we must do some good deeds, like helping the
    poor, to be saved?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 05:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    poor, to be saved?
    No. I believe Jesus said the most important thing was to have compassion for others. He said it in many different ways at many different times. When asked a direct question about who would get into heaven he gave the parable of the sheep and the goats.

I however, am atheist, and although I do believe that helping others is the morally correct thing to do, and very admirable, I do not believe heaven exists or that anyone is getting 'saved'.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 09:42
    poor, to be saved?
    is this rethorical? it must be. i don't believe any sane person can think all a serial killer has to do is repent and he will go to heaven. while a muslim pediatrician who saved hundreds of children's lives will go to hell.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    is this rethorical? it must be. i don't believe any sane person can think all a serial killer has to do is repent and he will go to heaven. while a muslim pediatrician who saved hundreds of children's lives will go to hell.
    I do not help people because they are poor. I do not believe it
    is my fault they are poor. So it does not matter to me if a person
    is rich or poor. I will only help a person if I feel like helping them.
    I do not believe Jesus requires me to help the poor before He will
    save me. I believe He will save me because I believe He is the Son
    of God and He has the power to raise me from the dead. I believe I
    have to treat other people the way I would like them to treat me.
    Nothing more than that. The poor should work to earn money so they
    are not poor. It is not my responsiblity to give them money for nothing.
    I do not owe anyone anything because they are poor.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 00:432 edits
    I do not believe Jesus requires me to help the poor ... .
    Words of Christ :

Example of a Greedy Selfish Bastard who refused to help the poor

Luke 16:19-23 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments ...

Judgment Day - Christ will judge according to how CHARITABLE you were

Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

One Thing Thou Lackest - GIVE TO THE POOR.

Mark 10:17-21 .. Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
    Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
    Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
    Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 03:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Words of Christ :

[b] Example of a Greedy Selfish Bastard who refused to help the poor

Luke 16:19-23 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell ...[text shortened]... the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.[/b]
    This is for those that are relying on themselves to earn eternal life.
    I am relying on it being a gift from God to all believers and not
    just to those that have done enough charitable work to earn their
    salvation.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 03:23
    salvation.
    And so you will not sit in judgement, regardless of their earthly words. Right?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 03:321 edit
    salvation.
    The contortions that people go through in order to try to "fit" the doctrine of Jesus into their beliefs is nothing short of remarkable.

What it really amounts to is that much of the doctrine of Jesus has no meaning in your beliefs. What it really amounts to is that you don't believe Jesus.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 04:40
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The contortions that people go through in order to try to "fit" the doctrine of Jesus into their beliefs is nothing short of remarkable.

What it really amounts to is that much of the doctrine of Jesus has no meaning in your beliefs. What it really amounts to is that you don't believe Jesus.
    I believe your statements are probably due to your lack of study
    of the complete bible, resulting in your lack of understanding,
    rather than your lack of intelligence. I believe that you have
    the intelligence to understand, if you would take the time to
    really study all the Holy Bible carefully
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 04:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    And so you will not sit in judgement, regardless of their earthly words. Right?
    God is the judge. I can only make personal assessments.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 08:30
    I do not help people because they are poor. I do not believe it
    is my fault they are poor. So it does not matter to me if a person
    is rich or poor. I will only help a person if I feel like helping them.
    I do not believe Jesus requires me to help the poor before He will
    save me. I believe He will save me because I believe He is the Son
    of God and He ...[text shortened]... sponsiblity to give them money for nothing.
    I do not owe anyone anything because they are poor.
    ooooh boy.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 08:311 edit
    salvation.
    you have to be worthy of salvation ya jerk.

a muslim or an atheist doctor is a thousand times more worthy than you even if he doesn't believe in jesus.

where did you get your christianity? from a drunk hobo in the back of a walmart in topeka?

i don't think even landoverbaptist.org believes faith in jesus is enough to get salvation
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 12:03
    salvation.
    You are a freeloader then? 😀 You want salvation but dont want to obey Christ. Do you really think Christ is that stupid?

IF you have faith in Christ and dont keep his commandments you are a liar

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

You are nothing without love and charity

1 Cor 13:1-2 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Faith without works is DEAD

James 2:14-17 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 12:05
    I believe your statements are probably due to your lack of study
    of the complete bible, resulting in your lack of understanding,
    rather than your lack of intelligence. I believe that you have
    the intelligence to understand, if you would take the time to
    really study all the Holy Bible carefully
    This is the reason why I earlier likened you to the Pharisees. They similarly believed in their own 'superior' knowledge they were condemned by Christ. You are heading down that same road.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree