1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 02:01
    http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-12/1215712456203930.xml&storylist=national
    A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Now, he is claiming: Lincoln says he has fallen from the force of the spirit before but has always been caught by someone.

So is the church responsible? Wouldn't this be seen as an "act of god" legally? (pun intended 😉 ).

I just don't get it. If he believes he was being consumed by the holy spirit then he should think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 02:06
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-12/1215712456203930.xml&storylist=national
    A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Now, he is claiming: [i]Lincoln says he ...[text shortened]... think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.
    The poor lonely fool just wanted to be caught in the arms of loving people and they ignored him. :'(
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 08:18
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn

Now, he is claiming: [i]Lincoln says he ...[text shortened]... think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.
    I'm going to side with this man for several reasons. We are always hearing from the faithful that they want to be treated like everyone else. Welcome to the modern age where you can slip in the isle at the grocery store or be burned by hot coffee. Why should this be any different? Clearly proper care of his safety was not insured. Where is Jesus when you need him?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 16:001 edit
    I think the court should order that the congregation pray for the victim. There's nothing 2.5 million dollars can do that Jesus can't do better.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 17:37
    Yo, here's a class action lawsuit ripe for the picking.

YouTube
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 17:58
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm going to side with this man for several reasons. We are always hearing from the faithful that they want to be treated like everyone else. Welcome to the modern age where you can slip in the isle at the grocery store or be burned by hot coffee. Why should this be any different? Clearly proper care of his safety was not insured. Where is Jesus when you need him?
    In the case of the famous hot coffee incident the McDonald's location actually was negligent in one way - that is something the mass media didn't report well and was the main reason why McDonalds lost that case.

This case will probably rest on whether the church was negligent in not catching him and if there was a reasonable expectation that they catch those that get themselves into this kind of a religious fervor then they might lose.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 18:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Yo, here's a class action lawsuit ripe for the picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI
    That is one of the scariest Utubes I've watched in a long time. He could give Amy Winehouse a run for her money!
    YouTube
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 18:28
    Must be a joke. No way.