Man sues church for spiritual injury

Man sues church for spiritual injury

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
12 Jul 08

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-12/1215712456203930.xml&storylist=national
A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Now, he is claiming: Lincoln says he has fallen from the force of the spirit before but has always been caught by someone.

So is the church responsible? Wouldn't this be seen as an "act of god" legally? (pun intended 😉 ).

I just don't get it. If he believes he was being consumed by the holy spirit then he should think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Jul 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-12/1215712456203930.xml&storylist=national
A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Now, he is claiming: [i]Lincoln says he ...[text shortened]... think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.
The poor lonely fool just wanted to be caught in the arms of loving people and they ignored him. :'(

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 Jul 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn

Now, he is claiming: [i]Lincoln says he ...[text shortened]... think that the church couldn't have controlled it and hence shouldn't be held responsible.
I'm going to side with this man for several reasons. We are always hearing from the faithful that they want to be treated like everyone else. Welcome to the modern age where you can slip in the isle at the grocery store or be burned by hot coffee. Why should this be any different? Clearly proper care of his safety was not insured. Where is Jesus when you need him?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
12 Jul 08
1 edit

I think the court should order that the congregation pray for the victim. There's nothing 2.5 million dollars can do that Jesus can't do better.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 Jul 08

Yo, here's a class action lawsuit ripe for the picking.

P

Moves
12 Jul 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
I'm going to side with this man for several reasons. We are always hearing from the faithful that they want to be treated like everyone else. Welcome to the modern age where you can slip in the isle at the grocery store or be burned by hot coffee. Why should this be any different? Clearly proper care of his safety was not insured. Where is Jesus when you need him?
In the case of the famous hot coffee incident the McDonald's location actually was negligent in one way - that is something the mass media didn't report well and was the main reason why McDonalds lost that case.

This case will probably rest on whether the church was negligent in not catching him and if there was a reasonable expectation that they catch those that get themselves into this kind of a religious fervor then they might lose.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
12 Jul 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
Yo, here's a class action lawsuit ripe for the picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI
That is one of the scariest Utubes I've watched in a long time. He could give Amy Winehouse a run for her money!

Moves
12 Jul 08

Must be a joke. No way.